Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 01-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
Advanced Member

. . . and yet, another Saturday ride

It's been two weeks since I've been out on my bike, so when I heard that temps would be near 50F on Saturday I decided to go riding. I woke up at 7:00 am and it was already 47F and I had heard that temps would be dropping throughout the afternoon, I made the decision to get on the road as soon as I could. I got out of the house just after 8:00 am and stopped for breakfast and filled the gas tank on my 2000 Nomad. I headed south and made my way to route 168 also known as the Chesapeake Expressway, a toll road that routes commuter traffic directly to northeast NC and specifically, the town of Moyock. I stopped at the Border Station as I always do and refilled my coffee. From there I continued on down 168 and onto 34 taking me into Elizabeth City. I followed 17 south and west to the outskirts of town and stopped at a Suzuki/Kawasaki dealership, a Harley Davidson dealership and just past that a Yamaha dealership all within a mile. They had an '08 Nomad at the first one and a C90T Boulevard that was nice too. I liked the Vulcan 1500 Classic they had too. At the Harley dealership all the bikes look very nice, but the black Softail Classic with whitewalls looked really good. I think I prefer the Road King Classic out of the FLH crowd, but don't think I will ever get a Harley. My Nomad has me too spoiled. Lastly, at the Yamaha dealer I checked out the new Star VStar 950. I was not too impressed with the styling; just not my cup of tea. They did have a nice '09 Venture in black and a metallic beige color that looked really nice. I also met a Tour DeLuxe rider that I talked with for a while about local riding and different bikes. I left out of there and starting heading homeward. I started up 17 along the bypass and then crossed over to 168 back to Moyock. It started misting just out of Elizabeth City and continued all the way to the Virginia border. I stopped again at the Border Station and refilled my coffee and gas tank and finished my ride home. The temperature did start dropping into the high 40's, but once in Virginia Beach the sun popped back out. I put on about 100 miles or so and got home about 1:30. Not bad for a January ride. What did you do this weekend? Hang in there, Spring is on the way.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #2

Hey Chef, thanks for the trip report. Reports like that keep me sane during the winter!

Old 01-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
Advanced Member

Hey Chef, sounds like a great ride, temps here are 42 right now. I am headed out to take a ride today myself, its the only thing that keeps me sane. Thanks for the report

Victor "Nightmare" Golubowsky
Moyers, Ok
Kawanow/VBA # 304
Patriot Guard
VROC
OKVROC

2001 Kawasaki Nomad Turbo
1998 Harley Sportster Hardtail Bobber Custom
1983 Kawasaki GPZ 550

Old 01-27-2009, 04:07 AM   #4
Advanced Member

Thanks guys. I do still remember those long cold winters up in Vermont, so I know how nice it is to read about someone's ride and enjoy the experience vicariously. Hang in there all you snow birds, spring is coming.