Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
VBA Founder

Exclamation Mark Slogan Contest TURNED Winners addresses for prizes!!

Not the Thanksgiving type of turkey, but let's talk honestly about our recent slogan contest.

Here are the facts:
1. As everyone knows, "The Vulcan Nation" submitted by glwilson came in first place in the voting for our VBA slogan.

2. Once it won, I sent an email to Brian at Kawa Corp asking that he get with his legal department and ask if we can use that slogan. In all probability, it's OK for us to use it because that wording (as far as I know) is not copyrighted. But, out of courtesy, I would like to get Kawa's blessing before we use it. Brian sent it in, but as legal department's go.... we haven't heard anything and don't know when they'll get back with us. If their legal department is anything like the legal department at my hospital where I work, a final decision may not even come forth.

3. I was notified by MarkClark57 not too long ago about his trip with a group of riders from the VRA... Vulcan Riders Association. He noticed that their slogan of "Good Friends, Good Rides, Good Times" is mighty close to our second place winner, "Hard bags, Good Times, Great Friends" which was submitted by you guessed it... MarkClark57.

I'd like to move forward with our slogan campaign. We need one soon so that we can use it in print and online as well as on banners, etc for the upcoming rally's and beyond.

To refresh your memory, here's how the voting stacked up several months ago:

1st Place - "The Vulcan Nation"
2nd Place - "Hard Bags, Good Times, Great Friends"
3rd Place - "Where Dreams Begin And Adventures Never End"
4th Place - "Where The Open Road Never Ends"
5th Place - "Where Baggers Are Boss"

I'd like to cut to the chase and suggest that we use one of the bottom three entrys as a slogan and I'll send a prize to all five that sent them in.

And, I'd like to take it further and suggest that we use the last slogan... "Where Baggers Are Boss" because, from a marketing standpoint... it's short, concise, explains how we feel and is not close to anything that anyone else has. I suggest that not because of who sent it in, but just from the slogan content itself. (The 3rd and 4th winning slogans are very good entry's also).

So, tell me what your feelings are and let's do it in a calm, mature and dignified manner...LOL.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by trip; 01-30-2012 at 08:16 PM.