Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-04-2017, 06:09 PM   #1

J&S Jacks

He everyone, just wanted to know if anyone is using a J&S for their Vaquero? Also, does the vaquero require any type of spacer/s when using a jack?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-04-2017, 09:51 PM   #2

I have been using a J&S Jack for the past three years.

Pros: It does actually roll like it's on ice! Works perfectly and super solid and does not wobble. Believe the videos online. On my Voyager I only need one rubber spacer on the LR of the frame for it to be level. They will supply the rubber spacers if you ask.

Cons: I would bet the wheels are imported. They do roll supper smooth and easy, but they are assembled with no grease seals. I found it strange to have a grease zerk to lube them but no seals to keep the grease in. I called J&S multiple times to complain about the quality of/or the missing seals. They responded it was an acceptable practice! Seriously! Upon further insistence, they offered me some "shut up" money that I eventually took. Also the arm pivot points ride on 1/2" bolts. Unfortunately the length bolts they use, causes the arms to ride on bolt threads on one side. I replaced all the bolts as to have the pivot holes ride on the bolt shank (not the threads).

I never did research getting seals to fit. Overall, I very happy I have this jack. Money well spent. I'm not sure why anyone would put a 900lb bike on a discount store jack.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:01 AM   #3
Advanced Member

friend of mine bought an AC DELCO jack couple of weeks ago ( rated for 1500 lbs) we had raised up his spyder that weighs a 100lbs more than our vulcans.
while it was up in the air I noticed that one of the arms was twisting away from the crossbar, it spilt the steel just above a weld joint. it was at its full height in the air. ( changing out the swing arm on the spyder ) we both had to change our pants, once we babied it to the floor!
never again buy cheap shit

Old 05-05-2017, 11:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullbagger View Post
friend of mine bought an AC DELCO jack couple of weeks ago ( rated for 1500 lbs) we had raised up his spyder that weighs a 100lbs more than our vulcans.
while it was up in the air I noticed that one of the arms was twisting away from the crossbar, it spilt the steel just above a weld joint. it was at its full height in the air. ( changing out the swing arm on the spyder ) we both had to change our pants, once we babied it to the floor!
never again buy cheap shit
I've always been the buy once cry once kinda person. i refuse to put 12k up in the air on a cheaply made jack.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:05 PM   #5
Advanced Member

I don't understand why folks seem to flock to harbor freight for tools and jacks,
I know its the price factor- but to choose that over safety. I learned a long time ago when a 36" pipe wrench broke in half and almost took out my pearly whites. that was the last time for me.

this AC DELCO jack was bought by someone else, I was there for assistance with this project. I buy one quality tool one time vs the same tool cheap and having to replace it a couple times

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-05-2017, 09:47 PM   #6

I looked at the J&S Jacks but went with the Pitbull jack. I got the air operated jack. It works great for my Voyager, no adapters needed. If I recall, their website did not show the jack worked for the Voyager. The wheels roll fine but I don't think they have grease fittings. I do have a slightly unlevel spot in my garage floor that stops my jack from rolling. I think I need to put some washers between the wheels and the jack frame.

Last edited by Glenn54; 05-05-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:38 PM   #7

My Girlfriend bought the J&S jack 2 months ago. She rides a HD Dyna Low Rider (1400cc). I put my Voyager up on the lift as the first test as she was still a little skeptical on lifting hers. It handled it perfectly. When it was 100% up, and locked in on the metal bar struts, it is rock solid. And it does allow you to roll the bike around very easily.

Now I can't get any lift time unless I book 2 weeks in advance....hmmmmmm

Old 05-08-2017, 04:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVA-Voyager View Post
My Girlfriend bought (..snip...) HD Dyna Low Rider (..snip..)

Now I can't get any lift time unless I book 2 weeks in advance....hmmmmmm

If you'd buy her a Kawi, it'd probably spend less time on the jack...

*(I *thought* it was funny)...
Ride safe,
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115

Old 05-09-2017, 11:20 AM   #9

@Smokier - that was a good one!!! LOL But for the sanctity of our relationship, I will not be passing that along to her tho :)

Old 05-09-2017, 05:40 PM   #10

Thumbs Up understood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVA-Voyager View Post
@Smokier - that was a good one!!! LOL But for the sanctity of our relationship, I will not be passing that along to her tho :)

Old 05-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokier View Post

If you'd buy her a Kawi, it'd probably spend less time on the jack...

*(I *thought* it was funny)...
Ride safe,
Smokier
Believe me, that was funny as hell. I have had a J&S jack for 3 1/2 years now for my 1700 Nomad and it works great. Does everything they said it would. I feel it was money well spent.

Lovin my 2010 Nomad
Rob Woodall
Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers
088 Picton
VBA # 02445