Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 05-02-2015, 10:01 PM   #1

Windshield bag that fits the Vulcan series?

Has anybody found a "3 bag" windshield bag that will fit the Vaquero or Voyager? I would like to have one for quick access stuff but it's hard to see what would fit. I looks like they sandwich between the shield and the fairing.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-03-2015, 12:51 AM   #2

I have a Kuryakyn windshield bag in the mail now, bought on Amazon, and recommended to me by Voyager owners on another forum. It apparently requires some minor modification, and can be fixed in place using velcro. I'll probably run a USB lead into it at some point for a phone.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Old 05-03-2015, 07:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg View Post
I have a Kuryakyn windshield bag in the mail now, bought on Amazon, and recommended to me by Voyager owners on another forum. It apparently requires some minor modification, and can be fixed in place using velcro. I'll probably run a USB lead into it at some point for a phone.
Let me know how it works out and I might get one. I think I have been looking at that very thing as well. I have been told it don't fit the dash well because the Harley dash "curves" down more on the ends and the windshield mount is too short for the Vulcan. Let me know what you have to do to get it too work....

Old 05-03-2015, 08:23 PM   #4

You may have to modify the mounting holes on any bag as they are not made specifically for Kawasaki bikes. I have a fairing on my 1700 Nomad and wanted a particular style of bag. The bag is made for Harley's but I made it work for me.

This is the bag that I purchased.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had to remove the screws from the top of the fairing and slide the bag down between the window and the fairing. In the normal mounting spot it stuck way up in the air. I slid it down as far as it would go and then marked the bag where it lined up with the fairing with a drill bit. I then pulled it out, drilled the holes in the bag mounting area, and bolted it up.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0876.jpg (90.9 KB, 88 views)

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 05-04-2015, 02:54 PM   #5

I used a Kury 3-pocket bag also, bought from Cruiser Customizing, don't remember item number. I used Velcro right in the center, but also used the 2 screws on the top of the dash....actually bought 2 new screws, about 1'4 inch longer than stock. Drilled a hole in the bottom of the windshield bag in the outer pockets, used a washer, the new screws (Stainless steel), and silicon caulk to seal it. I was afraid to use just velcro, as didn't want to be relieved of my new windhsield bag. That sucker won't come off without unscrewing it! but I also got a Clearview windshield and that really dressed it up. I'll see if I can dig up the pics. I think I poseted some pics on the other thread about this. My windshield bag has magnetic clasps. Easy to open while riding.
Kury ISO grips
V&H Twin Slash
Cobra FI2000R
Chucksters BAK
Ray's Throttle Mod
4 Polk DB521
Alpine KTP-445U Amp

Login or Register to Remove Ads