Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 03-05-2014, 06:28 PM   #1

Pissed That time of year again

I've been sitting here all day putting my taxes together, sometimes I think it's not worth all the crap running your own business. Keeping track where all the comes from and goes too is bulls**t. OK now that I've blown off some steam I'm going curling and get out some more frustration out sweeping someone elses rock down the rink yahoo, see ya

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #2

That is why you business owners make the big bucks.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 03-05-2014, 09:09 PM   #3

And here I though it was so that the government could take it all and give it away to all to the poor, and lazy SOB that do not want to work, Redistribution of wealth, After all remember "you didn't build it, blah, blah, blah" as stated by President (why haven't i been impeached yet) Obama. Sorry for the rant I to am getting ready to do my taxes. Pisses me off to hear people get thousands of dollars more back then they paid in...? No wonder our country is going broke.
power outlet
ipod adapter
daggertude sissybar with custom mount
kuryakyn 3" offset iso pegs
12.5 mini apes
HardDrive skull mirrors
Avon grips with throttle mod
core moto ss brake lines

Old 03-05-2014, 10:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
That is why you business owners make the big bucks.
I wish that was true, I live in a small town and rely on cottagers to make my living and that lasts about 8 to 9 months of the year [that's if spring ever gets here]. I've lived up here for about 14 yrs and I'm still not making what I made down in Toronto, but I wouldn't trade it for anything, fresh air and some of the best roads to ride on in Ontario . Life is great

Old 03-05-2014, 10:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullster View Post
And here I though it was so that the government could take it all and give it away to all to the poor, and lazy SOB that do not want to work, Redistribution of wealth, After all remember "you didn't build it, blah, blah, blah" as stated by President (why haven't i been impeached yet) Obama. Sorry for the rant I to am getting ready to do my taxes. Pisses me off to hear people get thousands of dollars more back then they paid in...? No wonder our country is going broke.
I hear you, my ex wife is on what they call mothers allowance doesn't work I get screwed and she gets at least 2,000 back as a income tax refund, now that's fair , not

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-06-2014, 07:34 AM   #6
Top Contributor

Quote:
I hear ya, I worked two jobs all my life up until I retired three years ago
and I still work one job. I never get anything back. It pisses me off when other brag that they are getting $1000s back, and like you said some don't even work. They should shut the hell up. I think there should be two different lanes at stores, several for working people and one for welfare. since they have all the time in the world.
yup.
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:41 AM   #7
Sr. Contributor

Yes, Tax Time.

That time of year when heart attacks and strokes are at their highest.

Let's be careful out there.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 03-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #8

People that are getting thousands back are usually in debt and have some kind of right off like tuition bills. They may sound like they are doing well but if you look at their finances you would see a different picture. They don't want to come out and say I have a student loan that's going to take me 10 years to pay off or their business is actually the entity that owns everything that they have.

If my wife and I have to pay every year I'm fine with that. It just means all of the bills are paid and we're comfortable.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 03-06-2014, 08:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Pisses me off to hear people get thousands of dollars more back then they paid in...? No wonder our country is going broke.
My sister in law has 4 kids by at least 2 different men. She works at a hair salon and makes minimum wage. She lives in her grandmothers basement with the father of a couple of the kids. She already gets government healthcare for the kids and is eligible for food stamps etc (don't know if she uses them). Come tax time she gets a HUGE refund because of all her illegitimate kids. Doesn't pay rent, doesn't pay for child care and gets a huge refund every year...

We are rewarding people that make poor decisions. We are taxing and harassing people like me that get a job with healthcare and retirement. How do I teach my daughter that there is an incentive to work hard and get a good job??? I have to wonder if there is an incentive anymore.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:41 AM   #10

I agree with HwyRider here. I usually pay or break even and that is fine with me. I make a comfortable salary and manage it well. The hourly employees that work for me all get several thousand back each year and within 2 weeks it is gone and they have absolutely nothing to show for it. Maybe some rims or new gold teeth or rings. They are happy as hell to live like that and be "hood rich" for a couple weeks a year. Come March 1st they are all back to being broke and living paycheck to paycheck without a dime in savings. I dont get it but they are adults and make their own choices. I actually had one guy tell me that when Obama gives him his reparations check he is going to retire!! Sadly we are a society of Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptonites who are more interested in free money than a free country. Yes it pissed me off to pay taxes and support half the country, but I look at their side of it and I wouldnt live like that even I never paid taxes again in my life. I am grateful to be well off enough to be able to work and pay for them, but a Thank You would be nice.

David Hollinger
2002 Beige 1500 "Hannah2"
VBA # 02195

Old 03-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HwyRider View Post
People that are getting thousands back are usually in debt and have some kind of right off like tuition bills. They may sound like they are doing well but if you look at their finances you would see a different picture. They don't want to come out and say I have a student loan that's going to take me 10 years to pay off or their business is actually the entity that owns everything that they have.

If my wife and I have to pay every year I'm fine with that. It just means all of the bills are paid and we're comfortable.
Spoon, I not trying to start a pissing contest but I think myself and most of the other guys that have posted here aren't talking about those that have gone to school to better them selves or those that are or have got themselves in financial difficulty for one reason or another. We're talking about those that have nothing better to do but sit at home [and are able bodied] and do nothing and get paid for it by us, the people that get up every morning whether they're sore, sick or whatever to make sure they were able to put a roof over they're kids and food on the table because of some stupid thing called pride. WOW what a rant , all because I hate preparing my taxes

Old 03-06-2014, 02:33 PM   #12
Top Contributor

George you hit the nail on the head.
I might be on workman's comp. for a several weeks from a broken ankle but I want to go back in another week. Two weeks from the day I broke it.
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Last edited by fish; 03-06-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post
George you hit the nail on the head.
I might be on workman's comp. for a several weeks from a broken ankle but I want to go back in another week. Two weeks from the day I broke it.
Thanks

Old 03-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Spoon, I not trying to start a pissing contest but I think myself and most of the other guys that have posted here aren't talking about those that have gone to school to better them selves or those that are or have got themselves in financial difficulty for one reason or another. We're talking about those that have nothing better to do but sit at home [and are able bodied] and do nothing and get paid for it by us, the people that get up every morning whether they're sore, sick or whatever to make sure they were able to put a roof over they're kids and food on the table because of some stupid thing called pride. WOW what a rant , all because I hate preparing my taxes
Wrong quote or wrong person.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 03-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HwyRider View Post
Wrong quote or wrong person.
My apologies spoon, that was directed at hwyrider's quote