Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 10-21-2014, 08:23 PM   #1

Stollen bikes in AZ

Click news link below.

Don't know if the forum allows this or not but wanted to make sure everybody local in or near AZ saw this so I'm sharing it. I'm also a member of this post in Tempe that the bikes are being stolen from its members. Any help in finding the bikes or the assholes that are taking them would help.

There has been 20 bikes stolen in the last three months in the Tempe area with three coming from our posts members.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/26...aken-from-them
VBA #02752

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-22-2014, 02:28 AM   #2

Just wondering how you're vehicle registration system work's, over here in England we have an epidemic of bike theft's from the home, due to the government selling our information to car clamping companies, and any jackass and his dog can register a company for a few hundred pound's. It's becoming common for bike's that have been at show's or gathering's to be stolen,the thieving bastard's go where there are load's of bike's and wander around taking picture's of registration number's,then get the owner's address from the government website and check it out for security before deciding to steal it or not Another good source for them is facebook and other so called social media site's, post a picture of you're bike with the registration number on show and you might as well send out a personal invite to every thief in the world,a lot of this is organised by Romanian &Albanian gang's and the information sold to local thieve's, then the bike's are stolen and in a shipping container and gone within hour'sRecently a bloke had his bike stolen but he had a Tracker on it, the police chased it across 5 countries to Romania and found it at a remote farm along with a couple of hundred other bike's.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:24 AM   #3

...Once upon a time we had to form "Vigilance Committee's", to track, and eradicate..Low life's I say it's way overdue to come around again ! (we must regain our gun rights)

In Taiwan..they still pull down the pants of wrong doer's..and whip bare asses in public !...there is nearly no petty crime there ! (not even "tagging", and no spray painting, where not welcome) It will only get worse til the people stop it !
We had another home invasion up the street here a couple nights ago...they beat a elderly man nearly to death..and ransacked his home... this crap is recent -last 6-8 years !...That crap was unheard of around here befor then !

Old 10-22-2014, 03:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Sam View Post
...Once upon a time we had to form "Vigilance Committee's", to track, and eradicate..Low life's I say it's way overdue to come around again ! (we must regain our gun rights)

In Taiwan..they still pull down the pants of wrong doer's..and whip bare asses in public !...there is nearly no petty crime there ! (not even "tagging", and no spray painting, where not welcome) It will only get worse til the people stop it !
We had another home invasion up the street here a couple nights ago...they beat a elderly man nearly to death..and ransacked his home... this crap is recent -last 6-8 years !...That crap was unheard of around here befor then !
Sam. There you go mate,open up the border's and let the shit through and this is what you get,give it a few more year's when they have bred like rat's and swamped the whole country

Old 10-22-2014, 08:35 AM   #5
Mega-Contributor

I saw a report on the stolen bikes on the news. I hope the scumbags get caught.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #6

Bet it makes you glad you bought a purple one, doesn't it Scott. Best anti-theft color on the market today!!!

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #7
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Bet it makes you glad you bought a purple one, doesn't it Scott. Best anti-theft color on the market today!!!
Yeah, yeah...whatever Dan.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 10-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #8

Quote:
I would expect a comment like that from a guy from Michigan.

GO BUCKEYES!!

Dave "(dshelly)" Shellenberger
2014 Harley Ultra Classic
2007 1600 Nomad (Black)
Shellenberger Machine
Belgrade, MT
Various Bagger Member (Harley Chapter)
VBA # 2395

Old 10-22-2014, 12:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshelly View Post
I would expect a comment like that from a guy from Michigan.

GO BUCKEYES!!

Actually, I grew up in a suburb of Columbus and hold three degrees from OSU........GO BUCKS!!!

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:54 PM   #10
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
Just wondering how you're vehicle registration system work's, over here in England we have an epidemic of bike theft's from the home, due to the government selling our information to car clamping companies, and any jackass and his dog can register a company for a few hundred pound's. It's becoming common for bike's that have been at show's or gathering's to be stolen,the thieving bastard's go where there are load's of bike's and wander around taking picture's of registration number's,then get the owner's address from the government website and check it out for security before deciding to steal it or not Another good source for them is facebook and other so called social media site's, post a picture of you're bike with the registration number on show and you might as well send out a personal invite to every thief in the world,a lot of this is organised by Romanian &Albanian gang's and the information sold to local thieve's, then the bike's are stolen and in a shipping container and gone within hour'sRecently a bloke had his bike stolen but he had a Tracker on it, the police chased it across 5 countries to Romania and found it at a remote farm along with a couple of hundred other bike's.
Car clamping companies?

At least here, they have a better chance of getting shot. I have to wonder if they broke into the homes/garages to steal the bikes. Since they don't know each other, but the link is American Legion Riders and Patriot Guard, I'd start there. If the cops are any good, they'll figure it out.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 10-22-2014, 04:55 PM   #11
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
That's why we have insurance.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Old 10-22-2014, 04:57 PM   #12
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Sam View Post

Don't you remember that american jackass in singapore when clinton was president that was spray painting cars? They caned his ass. I remember how they were trying to get our government to intercede. I said have at it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 10-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
Car clamping companies?

At least here, they have a better chance of getting shot. I have to wonder if they broke into the homes/garages to steal the bikes. Since they don't know each other, but the link is American Legion Riders and Patriot Guard, I'd start there. If the cops are any good, they'll figure it out.
Yes we have private companies that patrol parking area's,if you dont have a ticket, or are in a no parking zone your'e car can be wheel clamped or towed away, you dont have that ?

Old 10-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #14
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
Yes we have private companies that patrol parking area's,if you dont have a ticket, or are in a no parking zone your'e car can be wheel clamped or towed away, you dont have that ?
It depends. If it's municipal parking, the city/jurisdiction tows or boots the car. Private lots are just that and no one can get in without paying first or getting a ticket. When I lived in NY, the city had their own tow trucks. Man, a lot of fights were started with those guys. The bureau that handles parking tickets their drove brown vehicles, so everyone called them brownies and I don't mean the girl scout troop. Brown like shit. Then the city saw fit to use dark blue vehicles. They are still brownies. Back in 2001, NYC generated 100 million a year in parking fines. I don't know what it is now. Where I live now, I have to pay for parking for work. They take it out of my paycheck pre-tax. I think it's BS and not only that, the parking is not right next to my office either. Meanwhile the CEO has a car and driver and this is a state institution. It's always something.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 10-22-2014, 07:48 PM   #15

Driving in London is another story,they have a congestion charge for certain area's,every time you enter one of them you are clocked by a camera,it's so confusing to know when you are in or outside the zone,then you have to pay with you're mobile phone in an automated system that is so frustrating and expensive, if you dont pay, because you dont understand what you are supposed to do, or cant because the system is so over loaded,you get a fine. I met an Australian couple last year who arrived at Heathrow and hired a car, they spent 3 day's sightseeing in London before traveling around the country,and when they returned the car 2 week's later were met with a £1600 ( $2584 ) bill for traffic violation's,they were really pissed off and were going to tell all their friend's never to go to London,good for tourism eh,