Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Australian Group

Old 04-23-2009, 03:19 AM   #16

getting to ride the new nomad and voyager

hey finky, you might have to sell some of those trinkets of the 1600 if you decide to tradein, l just happen to know where you'd find a good home for those spotties

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #17

Yeah I bet you do lets see what happens next week when I have a go on the new one.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:50 PM   #18
Advanced Member

hmmmmm i smell a new bike on order. i got a call from the insurance mob today, the mistress has the go ahead for her plastic surgery.... its nearly there.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #19

Good to here mate once done you will need to get her down here for a show and tell session one Saturday morning.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:31 AM   #20
Advanced Member

all the parts have been ordered, so when they come in she will go in for the paint. the guy who is doing the work has a full on custom shop and has done work for me before so i know he is good. i was suprised he got the job though (i insisted on him) as he was a lot dearer on his quote than anyone else.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-26-2009, 04:50 PM   #21

You must have a good insurance company Jamie I am with Shannons and they are very good
they let you choose who repairs as well and cost does not enter into it when my XR8 was damaged late last year it was sorted within a week and of to the repair shop of my choice.
Nothing was to much trouble for them it makes you feel a bit more comfortable about shelling out the money to insure our valuable assets I have everthing through them now house car's and both bikes.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:15 AM   #22
Advanced Member

its not even through my insurance company glen, its all through her insurance which is aami. i left mine out of the equation as my insurance assessor informed me it was easier and cheaper to go that way.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #23

Even better mate not cost at all to you.
The Ozzies are a bit quiet lately you and I seem to be the only ones on here.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:01 AM   #24
Advanced Member

, they must have bailed ship. wayne is normally on the kawa riders forum, so im suprised hes not on here a lot as well. it should be getting busier with this cold weather, its sure too cold to ride. (although i managed to today anyway).

Old 04-28-2009, 05:36 AM   #25

hey fellers still here, l'v just been stimulated by mr rudd and l was finally going to get whitewalls for the nomad, l'v been hanging out for them for ages but now l'm getting cold feet because the only one for the rear l can get is a 150/80 instead of the 170/70 making it the same as a 1500, only the rear rim is wider than the 1500s l think ,so l'm not sure how to go, just wondering if any else in nomad land has done it :-/

Old 04-28-2009, 06:17 AM   #26
Advanced Member

gee wayne , were your ears burning. ive got a tin of white spraypaint, i will give them a shot for you...... best bet would be to ask the yankees up the top . im sure there are a few avatars with w/wall tyres on them on their posts. btw the w/wall tyres would look great on a black bike, very classy.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:47 PM   #27

ha ha don't joke about the paint ...l considered whitewall paint for the back at one stage..even stealing your's/aj's back rim, but l'v bitten the bullet ripped the wheels off and their getting the new shinny ww put on today, 10 bucks say's l'll get caught in a downpour the first time l take it out :-[ l also decided to check the driveshaft and swing arm pivot while its in pieces and surprise surprise virtually no grease on ether the drive shaft or swingarm ! bit stange for a bike thats only done 14000 ks, anyhoo its all done now and just waiting to get the wheels then i'm back in business , also fitting my new Finky rear mudflap

Old 05-01-2009, 12:43 AM   #28

Oh not another gay looking Nomad with white walls next you will be wearing chaps come on Wayne we are Ozzies you know.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:52 AM   #29

Now l'm definatly not going to tell you about the frilly things that hang off the front levers that l'm thinking of getting

Old 05-01-2009, 06:05 AM   #30
Advanced Member

my daughter has some on her bike that she dosent want anymore wayne, she will do you a good deal. 2 mars bars and they are yours.

hey glen, did you ride the voyager yet? we are all waiting to see how it went.