Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 07-28-2015, 05:35 PM   #1

Irate Kickstand Switch

I have having a minor issue with the kick stand switch! Start bike warm up kickstand up kick into gear it jumps a bit and the stalls! I assume the kickstand safety switch is not dis engaging?

Thanks Rich

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-30-2015, 10:21 AM   #2

Hey Rich , have you had any luck with the kick stand yet ? This will bump your post to the top.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:30 AM   #3

I don't know if this helps, but if you connect the two wires coming from the switch together and it stays running, then the switch is the problem.

Dave Jesse
2012 1700 Gray/Black Voyager
2006 1600 Nomad Green/Silver Sold
VBA #1108

2010- Eureka Springs - Antlers - 2011- Maggie Valley - Antlers
2012- Margaritaville Ride - Van Buren - Antlers - 2013- Estes Park - Antlers
2014- Mountain View - Antlers - 2015- Eureka Springs - Antlers
2016- Salem - Antlers - 2017- Eureka Springs - Lake George - Antlers - 2018- Custer - Antlers

Old 07-30-2015, 01:58 PM   #4

What your describing is exactly what happens when the clutch plates are sticking together usually from too long in storage. How long since this bike has been driven?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 1600CL. Originator 18" Harley wheel mod, Dobeck TFI, True Duals, Mutazu hardbags, Flanders handlebars n' a bunch more.
Sometimes I miss the good ol' days but most times I'm just glad I survived them

Last edited by Vulcan Bill; 07-30-2015 at 07:19 PM.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan Bill View Post
What your describing is exactly what happens when the clutch plates are sticking together from too long in storage. How long since this bike has been driven?
+1 it wouldn't jump a bit before stalling if it was any of the safety switches, it would just die.
Rich if you still Have this issue, you could try rocking the bike back and forth in gear pulling and releasing the clutch motor off. That might help but my preferred way to unstick the clutch plates is to put the front wheel against a solid object like a wall and let the clutch most of the way out and in a few times with a bit more revs than usual.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-21-2015, 06:09 PM   #6

Quote:
What your describing is exactly what happens when the clutch plates are sticking together usually from too long in storage. How long since this bike has been driven?
Bill I think you are 100 % right, The bike does not stall , when it does that I heard no sound difference when I pulled in the clutch. I started pumping the clutch handle now several times, and when I move the bike I drag the clutch abit to move the plates.. The bike has been sitting 2 years, started not driven Thanks

Old 08-21-2015, 06:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
+1 it wouldn't jump a bit before stalling if it was any of the safety switches, it would just die.
Rich if you still Have this issue, you could try rocking the bike back and forth in gear pulling and releasing the clutch motor off. That might help but my preferred way to unstick the clutch plates is to put the front wheel against a solid object like a wall and let the clutch most of the way out and in a few times with a bit more revs than usual.
Norm I started doing that , so far so good I argee It was the sticky clutch plates..
Sorry for the delay reply I didnt click instant e mail notice Thanks

Old 08-22-2015, 12:14 AM   #8

Our favorite kind of problem...one thats easy to fix!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 1600CL. Originator 18" Harley wheel mod, Dobeck TFI, True Duals, Mutazu hardbags, Flanders handlebars n' a bunch more.
Sometimes I miss the good ol' days but most times I'm just glad I survived them

Old 08-22-2015, 03:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Our favorite kind of problem...one thats easy to fix!
Bill, I Like Easy like women I meet I like easy lol.... Thinking back there was a slight surge once in awhile when first started and ran,, Maybe once then good so the sticky clutch plates makes a lot of sense :) even yo a Old fart like me I just want to be sure all is good on the bike in case someone buys it, Thanks again