Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 08-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
Advanced Member

riding with Green Mountain Boys

My neighbor Denny gave me a call today asking if I wanted to go riding. He's got a 2006 Yamaha Roadie with hard bags. I think he's something like a 3rd or 4th generation resident of this town. His last name is Hewitt and he lives on Hewitt St off Hewitt Hill Rd in Hewitt Corners; get the idea? Any way, I was west on US4 in Bridgewater Corners so we are going to meet east on 4 in Woodstock and head south through Hartland to pick up some more people. Denny and his wife Debbie show up with another couple on an HD Softail Deluxe. We all gas up and head south on route 12 and pick up two more riders on a Victory and an older Honda Magna V45. We continue on south near I89 exit 9 and stop at a trucker's residence and he's got an HD StreetGlide. We got caught in a rain shower while gassing up and it looks like more is headed our way, but we head off south towards Windsor any how. We get down to Ascutney and turned west on 131 passing just south of Mt Ascutney and make our way to 106. We hit more sprinkles and light showers and decide to turn north back toward Woodstock. It starts raining and we continue on and it isn't bad at all when you are riding with other people. It isn't raining hard enough to make visibility an issue. We get through Reading and the StreetGlide peels off onto 44 heading back east. We continue on all the way into Woodstock and the Victory and Honda turn west on 4 to stop for ice cream and the remaining three of us continue north on 12. Found out the HD Softail couple live towards East Barnard which is the next town over from North Pomfret where the rest of us live. We turn onto Pomfret Rd and I stop at the South Pomfret store. I lost my tailight and spotlights so I knew I had a blown fuse. That, plus I wanted to get my lunch to take home while I watched the race. The Teago General Store had the right fuse and I got my sandwich and got a package of Ore Ida frozen steak fries. I made my way back home and had a really fun time riding with real born and bred Vermonters.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-03-2008, 05:30 PM   #2

Sounds like a good day! (I woulda stopped for ice cream though!!)

Old 08-04-2008, 12:22 AM   #3

Sounds like a nice ride racin.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #4
Top Contributor

Good times with good folks! Can't beat it, except like Sue, I woulda stopped for the ice cream. :)

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 08-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suennico
Sounds like a good day! (I woulda stopped for ice cream though!!)
No ice cream for you young lady unless you eat all your vegetables!!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #6
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket
Good times with good folks! Can't beat it, except like Sue, I woulda stopped for the ice cream. :)
With a riding suit like that I know you ate your vegetables so you can have ice cream.