In Association with VBA Web : Memorial | Merchandise

Important Info : Please Read!
If this is your first visit to our new forum (est. 9.20.11) and you're already registered on the old forum, you'll have to request a new password in order to log in here. To do so, please Click Here and fill in the proper info. You must use the email address that you originally registered with on the old forum. You will then be emailed a new password (if you don't see it, please check your spam/junk folder). If you have any problems at all, please email us at mail@VulcanBagger.com. Thanks!

Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic > Lighter Side/Jokes
Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2018, 09:57 AM   #1
Advanced Member

Cameras

About 2 years ago, I got a GoPro session camera. $200 and it took a good video. Had some things I didn't like though. Recorded in 3 formats and you couldn't change that. So it took up space on the sd card that it didn't need to. It shut off when it got hot. Well, summer in Texas is not a cool place. And even on cool days, the camera itself got hot on it's own.

So I found a cheap Chinese camera styled after the GoPro Hero group. Under 20 bucks, figured I'd give it a shot. Surprised it was a decent picture. Not as sharp as the gopro, but for the price, pretty good. So I decided to buy another for a gift to a friend. First one claimed to be 4k and 1080p. Second one came in and it was just 1080p. Also a difference in field of vision. 170º for camera one, 130º for camera two. Surprised that it was that big of difference. And the second one had issues working. So I got a refund. Ordered another one that claimed to be 4k and 1080p. Had the 170º FOV and a few other options the others didn't have. Biggest plus was it was $17 shipped to my house.

So here's a comparison the latest cheap camera and the gopro. The gopro is a lot smaller, so I had it on my helmet. To keep the comparison equal, I put the new one up there. I mount it somewhere on the bike when I get a chance. Truly surprised at the video.

The gopro version has music because it picked up a ton of wind noise. The other camera is in a sealed case and didn't have that.

PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash
Old 04-20-2018, 10:00 AM   #2
Advanced Member

This is the box from the $17 camera. Out of the 3 cheap ones I bought, this was the first with and actual instruction booklet instead of an sheet of paper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180418_114515.jpg (92.0 KB, 22 views)
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash
Old 05-12-2018, 01:49 PM   #3
Sr. Contributor

I think the cheap is okay.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]
Old 05-13-2018, 02:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafer View Post
I think the cheap is okay.
The cheap one didn't have any background music like the gopro did.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:55 AM   #5
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
The cheap one didn't have any background music like the gopro did.
Had to add the music to cover the rattling the camera makes on the windshield. Cheap camera came with the sound off in the settings.

Just adding music to a video on youtube seems like a 3 hour ordeal.
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash
Old 05-16-2018, 01:30 AM   #6

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY_...a6hwHKBE4Dx56w

I use this program Filmora to edit my movies and add music and do all other sorts of neat things to footage I take. It is easy to use you do not have to be a computer geek and it is not that costly and there is only the one time charge to you and you have it forever. They have updates to keep it fresh and working flawlessly and it does.

You can add music texts transitions and split screen and so much more. Lifetime is $59.99 USD and it works like a dam for me anyways. It will also upload finished product to Youtube and in reality does just about anything you want it to do.

Just my two bits.