Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-18-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
Advanced Member

HELP!

I'm in the process of performing a bafflectomy on my 05 Nomad and just finished drilling out 1 3/4" holes. The inner baffle tubes on both pipes are loose at the end of the exhaust pipe, but will not come out. :'( They seem to be stuck deep in the exhaust, perhaps where it meets the vertical baffle. I'm at a loss how to get the silencer tubes extricated. ??? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-18-2008, 12:41 PM   #2

HELP!

grab it with a pair of pliers (maybe 2 pairs if you need to) and twist and pull really hard and they WILL come out

Old 05-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #3
Top Contributor

HELP!

It may help to push (drive) them in a half inch or so also. That can help to loosen them up and give you a running start on pulling them out.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 05-18-2008, 01:06 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to ianicky
HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman
grab it with a pair of pliers (maybe 2 pairs if you need to) and twist and pull really hard and they WILL come out
+1 i have recently performed this on my 05 and had the same problem, don't loose faith just keep on wriggling and twisting and they will come out.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:36 PM   #5

HELP!

I had the same thing on my left exhaust. The silencer gets pushed up in a hole in the next baffle. As everyone said, just get a hold of it with some pliers and twist and pull,throw in a few choice words for extra strength and it will come out!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-18-2008, 04:50 PM   #6
Advanced Member

HELP!

I've been told a few COLD BEERS gives you extra strength. I know from first hand experence it works for me.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:57 PM   #7

HELP!

I had a bitch of a time getting them out of my 2003 sawed them in about 5 minutes total then spent about an hour wiggling and pulling the right then about 20 minutes pulling the left side. I shot some spray lube (Liquid Wrench) around the outside edge (up toward the verticle plate) using the straw that comes with it. I think that helped.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:07 AM   #8
Advanced Member

HELP!

I had a little trouble, I just kept turning them in circles and they finally let go. Vise Grips!!!!, good strong grab, bike in a stable position, keep turning, maybe a couple raps with a hammer.