Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2019, 12:58 PM   #1

Voyager Risers, Stem Bearings, Luggage Rack

Checking in here! Had a great summer. My 15 year-old son and I took the Voyager from KC to Seattle and then down the coast to San Fran, and then zig-zagged home. Put nearly 7000 on the bike that trip. Then a couple weeks later, my 12 year-old son and I rode out East and did the entire Blue Ridge Parkway. Put nearly 10,000 miles on the bike in less than a month. GREAT STUFF!

A couple questions you might be able to help with. I have always read about the wobble, but at 17,000 miles I have yet to experience it. Bike is a 2013. Is this [the wobble] something I should expect to happen soon, and should I get the All Balls put in now as a precaution?

I REALLY want to find some risers that work, that actually bring the handlebars back without touching the fairing (I hate that). I already have the Chucksters. I Don't want to build up the steering stop cause then you can't lock the forks, and I want to bring the bars back more than the Chucksters do, anyway. I would even buy a whole new set of handlebars if I have to. Any other options out there that are not Chucksters and that do not cause the bars to touch the fairing?

One last thing, I have the Kuryakyn luggage rack, which is really nice looking and functional. However, is there anything I can do to reinforce the lid somehow, as I am worried about putting too much weight on it before cracking the lid. Any advice would be great. Thanks everybody!

Login or Register to Remove Ads