Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Home from the Central Rally

Just thought I would start a thread so everyone can post when they get home. We arrived home about 30 minutes ago.I talked Marla into riding straight thru so we could sleep in our bed and not some motel.
I want to thank everyone who attended the Rally. Marla and I had a blast even with the rain out on Saturday. Everyone we met where great folks to ride and to socialize with.

I want to extend a my gratitude to Watchman and Rick they are to awesome guys to lead and tail gun for us. The rally would not have been the same without them.

Lw did a great job setting up the dinners for Friday and Saturday night he was a huge help in organizing the Rally

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #2

Rolled in a few minutes ago.

Stopped off for a great lunch at the Loose Wheel Biker Bar in Sherman Texas.

Chris & Bob left the group from there since Sherman is home for them..

SWB and I split in Dallas about three hours ago. All should be home by now.

Blue Tongue pretty much said it all. I can only add that putting faces to names and getting to visit and know those on this forum in person is what it is all about. I have met lots of nice folks at both this Central gathering this week and the Eastern Rally last week.

All I can say now is that we need to this this a lot more often.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:24 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to scion0

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcwdancer
Rolled in a few minutes ago.

Stopped off for a great lunch at the Loose Wheel Biker Bar in Sherman Texas.

Chris & Bob left the group from there since Sherman is home for them..

SWB and I split in Dallas about three hours ago. All should be home by now.

Blue Tongue pretty much said it all. I can only add that putting faces to names and getting to visit and know those on this forum in person is what it is all about. I have met lots of nice folks at both this Central gathering this week and the Eastern Rally last week.

All I can say now is that we need to this this a lot more often.
We hope to make it next year! Glad it went well.

Mike
"Scion0"
VBA#: 0097
Former VBA North Central Asst Regional Leader
St Jude Rides Peoria to Memphis Rider
Retired MSgt, USAF (1979 -99)
"Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!"
Current ride: 2012 H-D Ultra FLHTCU (Black)
Past ride: 2007 Black Nomad

Old 06-29-2008, 08:58 PM   #4

Everyone was so nice and friendly at the Central Rally. Thanks from Cheryl, Ms. Bea and I to all the staff who made the rally a fun time.

We left E.S. about 10am and got to Fort Worth about 7pm. (We stopped to see the Pea Ridge Civil War museum).

Old 06-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #5
Advanced Member

Julie and I got back about 11:15 this morning. We enjoyed meeting everyone and experiencing Eureka Springs. The ride yesterday from ES to Rogers was pretty wet, but exceptionally beautiful, as was the ride from Rogers to Ft. Smith. In Oklahoma we dodged thunderstorms, but only had to stop once in Eufala due to extreme weather. We made it to Denison, TX and hoteled up for the night; easy ride home this morning from there.
Pablo

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #6

Hi guys, Got home around 1 this afternoon but we did pull out early, somewhere around 6:30. We hit a little bit of rain but nothing to bad. I was wishing I had some rain gear like BillMac. For those of you who don't understand, Bill's rain gear is a Ford Pickup with his bike in the bed of it. That is one expensive rain suit. Every body I met at this function was just great. Had a great time. OH and by the way guys!

DE DE DEEEEEEEEEE

Old 06-30-2008, 06:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan
I was wishing I had some rain gear like BillMac. For those of you who don't understand, Bill's rain gear is a Ford Pickup with his bike in the bed of it. That is one expensive rain suit.
Dan, so you liked my air conditioned rain suit? Worked great! lol

Old 06-30-2008, 06:29 AM   #8

What a great time and a beautiful area. Thanks to all who worked to make this happen.

De De DEEE

Old 06-30-2008, 07:33 AM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt

Glad y'all are making it home safely!! Looking forward to joining y'all next year!!!

Old 06-30-2008, 10:27 AM   #10
VBA Founder

I'm very glad that everyone enjoyed the rally and got home safe and sound. My thanks to Bluetongue and LW for planning and hosting a successful Central Rally. In looking at some of the pics, I can tell everyone had a great time.

I really hated it because I couldn't attend. Thursday and Friday of last week, I had annual budget and planning meetings at work that I just couldn't miss. The hospital I work for is leaning heavily on our internet resources for next year, so it was imperative that I attend these meetings. In short, the timing just didn't work out for me this year. I entertained the thought of riding up to ES on Saturday and returning on Sunday, but it's 8.5 hours for me and it rained on Saturday anyway. I regret that I couldn't meet some of you guys and gals in person.

Thanks to all that attended and made the Central a success.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 07-02-2008, 10:54 PM   #11

Not home from the rally yet.

Our vacation started with the rally and from there became a "throw a dart at the map" event, with stops at Little Rock, Memphis, and now Vicksburg. After visiting the National Military Park tomorrow I'll ride the Natchez Trace Parkway from Jackson to Natchez before heading back to Houston on Friday.

I tried uploading unedited vids from the Friday "short ride" without success, soI'll try again this weekend from home.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:38 AM   #12

Send a message via MSN to scion0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW

Our vacation started with the rally and from there became a "throw a dart at the map" event, with stops at Little Rock, Memphis, and now Vicksburg. After visiting the National Military Park tomorrow I'll ride the Natchez Trace Parkway from Jackson to Natchez before heading back to Houston on Friday.

I tried uploading unedited vids from the Friday "short ride" without success, soI'll try again this weekend from home.
Wow, now that is a vacation! Be safe on your way home and looking forward to the video.

Mike
"Scion0"
VBA#: 0097
Former VBA North Central Asst Regional Leader
St Jude Rides Peoria to Memphis Rider
Retired MSgt, USAF (1979 -99)
"Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!"
Current ride: 2012 H-D Ultra FLHTCU (Black)
Past ride: 2007 Black Nomad

Old 07-03-2008, 09:42 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW

Dang LW, You kept it a secret that you were going to vacation more after the rally. No wonder you smiled the entire rally.

Also thats the reason your batteries last so long, your camera is toast. It probably roasted in one of those fire calls you responded to.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:04 AM   #14

We had a great time . Everyone was very nice Everything has already been said about the rally and good times.

Again, I want to thank Jim for leading us and Rick as tail gunner on some great organized rides. It would not have been the same without u 2.

Charley is already for next year and I put some Scootworks Phar risers on yesterday and I'm ready. BTW great risers.

danny & charley :)

Old 07-03-2008, 07:52 PM   #15

We got home from the rally Sunday afternoon and left the next day to fly up to Minnesota to see Donna's parents. Got back from Minnesota today and will try and post some pictures. Had a great time at the rally and met just a bunch of good people. Like others have said, "We need to do this more often".