Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > 2018 CanadaEast/Northeast U.S. Rally

Old 08-24-2018, 07:38 PM   #31

Hope this is the final chapter on my bike issues. Both Stators replaced, they were fried. Inside one worse than the outer. After receiving the wrong Regulator Rectifiers, the correct ones arrived yesterday at 1715h. Checked the box to make sure they are the correct ones. They looked the same size as the ones on my bike, and the plugs were correct. Dropped them off to the bike shop 0800h, and the bike was ready and running by 1400h. Took the rest of the afternoon cleaning it. Has not been washed since the rally on Cape Breton, she was filthy. I have wood to put away or go for a ride tomorrow, guess which one I'm doing.
Thanks to everyone from the rally for your help, patience, and understanding. You all made a bad situation less stressful. "THANKS"

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-24-2018, 09:06 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
Hope this is the final chapter on my bike issues. Both Stators replaced, they were fried. Inside one worse than the outer. After receiving the wrong Regulator Rectifiers, the correct ones arrived yesterday at 1715h. Checked the box to make sure they are the correct ones. They looked the same size as the ones on my bike, and the plugs were correct. Dropped them off to the bike shop 0800h, and the bike was ready and running by 1400h. Took the rest of the afternoon cleaning it. Has not been washed since the rally on Cape Breton, she was filthy. I have wood to put away or go for a ride tomorrow, guess which one I'm doing.
Thanks to everyone from the rally for your help, patience, and understanding. You all made a bad situation less stressful. "THANKS"
Ok, but just don’t let it happen again Pete. seriously glade you seem to have it sorted out, enjoy your test riding. Dead battery, gravel roads, miss-leading GPS’s flat tires, all part of the adventure.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 08-27-2018, 08:26 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
Ok, but just don’t let it happen again Pete. seriously glade you seem to have it sorted out, enjoy your test riding. Dead battery, gravel roads, miss-leading GPS’s flat tires, all part of the adventure.
There were some strange things with the GPS. Now tires is another story. All I know is I'm close to $1400 less in my pocket. But she works like a charm, charging system working great. So, where do we meet up next year, HaHaHa

Old 08-27-2018, 11:27 PM   #34

Tom has an idea up his sleave for next summer. I think we should wait for him to explain.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 08-28-2018, 07:18 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
Tom has an idea up his sleave for next summer. I think we should wait for him to explain.

Login or Register to Remove Ads