Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > 2016 CanadaEast/NorthEast US Rally

Old 07-07-2016, 11:30 AM   #1

Thing you may want to know...

Just a few weeks away from the rally and I've been asked to let you 'tourists' know a few things about 'La Belle Province'.

Don't worry about forgetting all those french lessons you've learned in school, almost everyone you will meet will be able to understand the foreign language you speak.... If there's a problem, ask Norm.

As you may already know, this is a french language province and all road signs and such are in french, so quickly North=Nord, South=Sud, East=Est and West=Ouest.
Speed limits are in metric, fastest way to figure that one out is 100km/h = 60 mph (km/h multiplied by 6 (take off the last 0) = mph) 90 X 6 = 550 = 55 mph) easy right!! BTW, exits are also mile (or km) markers. If there's a problem, ask Norm.

Be prepared, beer, spirits and gas are expensive (gotta love taxes) Sales tax is equivalent to 15%. Our healthcare system is 'free' but not to YOU!!!! healthcare is cheap(er) than in the USA. God forbid, but if someone needs to be seen by a doctor, you will be billed and I assume reimbursed by your insurance company or health plan. And unless you are dying, you may have to wait a bit. If there's a problem, ask Norm, or dial 9-1-1

Make sure your pockets don't have any holes in them, our 1 and 2's are coins, it gets heavy... (yes we have 2 dollar bills, euh coins) but we got rid of our pennies. If you pay cash and the amount is $1.03, you will be charged $1.05 and if your bill is $1.02, it will cost you a dollar. Any questions, ask Norm.

Yes, we have a helmet law, speed limits may be exceeded but be reasonable, straight pipes as long as you're not obnoxious, but you may be ticketed, slow down in construction zones (and we have lots of those!!!) 4 feet between you and cyclistes, radar detectors are forbidden, and Tim, we have a seat-belt law... Any questions?, ask Norm.

Enjoy your visit, I'll be there on Wednesday or Thursday I still have to work between rides, don't be shy, if you have any questions, ASK NORM
2012 Ebony Black Kawasaski Concours 14

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by sly; 07-07-2016 at 11:39 AM.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:37 AM   #2

Thanks for putting this together Sylvain, one question, who is this Norm guy?

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 07-07-2016, 11:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
Thanks for putting this together Sylvain, one question, who is this Norm guy?
Some guy I know.... older fella but a nice fella
2012 Ebony Black Kawasaski Concours 14

Old 07-07-2016, 01:29 PM   #4

I don't foresee any problems with the seatbelt, I always wear one.
My bike has metric as well as MPH but seeing as I will be in the car the math for deciphering the signs may be a problem. I only went as far as the 3rd grade in school. The other boys kept picking on me because I was so handsome, I couldn't keep the girls from following me everywhere, I couldn't take it and had to quit.
One more thing, if I have a question, is there anyone else I can ask?
I have met this Norm guy, seems a little off to me
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 07-08-2016, 07:02 AM   #5

Something that can help if you have a GPS mounted on your bike. Change the speed indicator from Miles per hour to Kilometers per hour, and use the GPS to judge your speed.
If it's OK with you people,I'll wave judgement on this Norm guy.

See you in August...Pete
��������������������

Login or Register to Remove Ads