Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 11-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #31

Brad, as near as I can tell you should change the title of this thread from " Show me your intake system to Tell me about your intake system
Not many pics
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
Brad, as near as I can tell you should change the title of this thread from " Show me your intake system to Tell me about your intake system
Not many pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah Motorcyclist View Post
Here's a link to some pics and my thoughts about Joe's Kit. I'm a huge fan. The value can't be beat!

http://www.utahmotorcyclist.org/2011...ir-intake.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaShadow View Post
http://www.chucksterscustoms.com/Products
Just tried the web address and had an error message come up. Anyone else use the address and have the same problem?

2006 Vulcan 1600 Classic "George III" (Patricia's)
2006 Vulcan 1600 Nomad "Grace" (Mark's)
Mark Clark
VBA #1619
TaibhseDaid@Gmail.Com
"Irish" @ Maricopa County Chapter of B.A.C.A.
Phoenix, AZ

Old 11-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #33

That's one picture Mark and a lot of talking.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 11-02-2012, 12:33 AM   #34
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
And one hell of a lot of dreaming on his part to Tim!!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 11-02-2012, 02:19 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by markclark57 View Post
Brad's going to spend $$$ on power Mod's?

I run Chuckster's Single plate like Jared's. That's teamed up with V&H Baggers and a PCIII (mapped). That takes the mild mannered Nomad up to "Adequate" on power until it hits the rev limiter. My former Tech in Lynnwood, WA gizmo-ed my limiter to add another 10+ mph to the top end.

If I get the "Itch" and the $$$ at the same time next year I have a 2010-2012 Victory Cross Roads (with hard bags and a windshield) in mind. Stock out of the box that's already a plus on the power curve. With similar mods as Grace, that would put me well above the 100 hp line. Opt up to the 116" jugs and I'd be pushing 130 hp on a Sweet Fat Bagger. Down Side is the price tag, still less $$$ than a modified H-D but way more than I've spent on Grace.

Who's Grace?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Who's Grace?
The one in the Sig. Pic. that goes VROOOM.

2006 Vulcan 1600 Classic "George III" (Patricia's)
2006 Vulcan 1600 Nomad "Grace" (Mark's)
Mark Clark
VBA #1619
TaibhseDaid@Gmail.Com
"Irish" @ Maricopa County Chapter of B.A.C.A.
Phoenix, AZ

Old 11-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by markclark57 View Post
The one in the Sig. Pic. that goes VROOOM.
I've got them turned off. Too much scrooling to have to bypass everyone's picutres that hardly ever changes.

You named your bike? I thought you were talking about some lady not a mechanical item.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #38

I seem to be the only one that has done the "Stealth" Thunder intake. You can read about it here.....
http://gadgetjq.com/thunder+stock_acmod.htm

I used my stock dog bowl with a Harley EVO cover, and for Tim, here's a pic, but yo do have to remove the crossover.

Here's a photo of the left side

The left side is before I added the Kury flame cover to the horn. You can go here to see the horn cover
http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/3816/Flame-Horn-Cover

Cliff "VulcanE" Evans
2005 Blue & Silver 1600 Nomad
VBA # 320
VROC # 20381

Old 11-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
I don't want to have to remove the crossover tube. just block it off?
Tim,

To install the Baron's BAK, yes you have to remove the crossover tube, as well as the reed valves and associated hoses. Both dog bowls and everything in between have to go.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #40

I just finished installing the Chucksters dual plate, and a PCIII, as I wanted to keep the stock look and already had the V&H Baggers. You don't need to block off the cross over as the new intake will mask it to the point you would realy have to look hard and know what you're looking for to see it.

I spoke with Joe a few weeks back and asked about performance difference between the 2 and he said it is almost non existant and considered them equal.

Really wakes the bike up. Only down fall is she's a bit cold blooded before she gets warmed up. I am running my first tank of 87 octane through her and it seems to be less noticable. Road her in this morning with 60 degree weather, and she fired right up with no issue, low idle speed at first, but didn't need any help.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #41

I've followed this thread with interest but the question I have is there a difference between Chuckster's single plate mod and the Caddman mod? Seems like they do the same thing.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobaLloydBiker View Post
I spoke with Joe a few weeks back and asked about performance difference between the 2 and he said it is almost non existant and considered them equal.
I've heard Joe mention this before on the forum, but it doesn't make much since to me. Perhaps someone can shed some light for me...?

To me it would be like having an open air intake under the hood of a car and having a blower or filter sticking up out of the hood. The point being to get more air. With something in front of or surrounding the filter, like the dog bowl, wouldn't it be more restrictive? Don't you get less wind in your face when you're behind a windshield vs no windshield.

When tests have been done comparing the hyper-charger to the Barrons BAK, the BAK always out performs the hyper-charger and the reason that is usually suggested is because the BAK is completely exposed (360 degrees) while the hyper-charger is only partially exposed.

I recognize that were talking very minor differences, and anything is better than the OEM set-up, and both will provide performance increases, but when I went from the double plate to the single, it definitely felt like there was a difference.
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Last edited by Jared; 11-02-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmhspirit View Post
I've followed this thread with interest but the question I have is there a difference between Chuckster's single plate mod and the Caddman mod? Seems like they do the same thing.
Yes, all air intakes do basically the same thing. The Caddman is a home-made mod while Chuckster's is an already made, bolt on.

Chucksters kit is also a smooth plate, which would make a slightly less restrictive, smoother air flow.

When you're spending hundreds and sometimes a thousand dollars to increase your bikes performance by only 10%-15%, every small thing is often considered. For example, on the BAK, barrons includeds "Power Cones" Which are small cones that attach to the inside of the outside cover the the air intake, pointing toward the throttle bodies. The idea is to cause a siphon effect and get increased air speed and volume, which would equate to additional power.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #44

Here's a few pics of the left and right side of my bike.

Last edited by Jared; 11-02-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah Motorcyclist View Post
Yes, all air intakes do basically the same thing. The Caddman is a home-made mod while Chuckster's is an already made, bolt on.

Chucksters kit is also a smooth plate, which would make a slightly less restrictive, smoother air flow.

When you're spending hundreds and sometimes a thousand dollars to increase your bikes performance by only 10%-15%, every small thing is often considered. For example, on the BAK, barrons includeds "Power Cones" Which are small cones that attach to the inside of the outside cover the the air intake, pointing toward the throttle bodies. The idea is to cause a siphon effect and get increased air speed and volume, which would equate to additional power.

Thanks Jared.