Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > SouthWestern Rally - May 29, 2012

Old 06-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #1

Safely at Mesa Verde - Txs

I made it to Mesa Verde. It was a very nice ride. I was on the road by 0615 hrs and mae it arond 1230 hrs. It was starting to get hot (94) as I came across the red rock county. I feel sorry for you folks that had to ride in 100+ temps. I will hit the road again Sunday on my way to the SC rally.

Thanks to all of the SW folks who put a lot in time in planning and leading the rides - it was a great time.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Got home at 2pm today Bill. I had the best time with all of you! Ride safe

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 06-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
Got home at 2pm today Bill. I had the best time with all of you! Ride safe
I'm in Pocatello, Idaho...I've left two phone messages for Bud, but have yet to hear from him. I was hoping to hook up with him for dinner and shoot the chit a bit while I'm in his neighborhood.

I took a great ride out of SLC up through Logan, then over the pass on 89 North to Bear Lake....what a GREAT ride that turned out to be. Had lunch in Bear Lake, stopped at all the historical sites...even in the little museum in Montpelier...all way cool.

My GPS (Zumo 550) had been really acting up for quite some time and finally bit the big one this morning. It won't even power up now. As soon as I'm home I'll be sending it in for repairs as I'll need it this July for the Canadian Rockies run to Canmore!

Have fun at the next rally Bill...wish I could join you!
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 06-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #4

I made it to Orem at about 5:15 on Thursday. Spent today doing a few thing around my house and will be leaving tomorrow for Colorado.

I had an awesome time!
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 06-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #5

made it home today about 2:50.enjoyed seeing some old friends again and meeting some new ones.had a great time at the rally.
VBA # 745 COG #11621
wheatland,wy.
rallies-custer 09,kalispell 10,crescent city 11,kanab 12,estes park 13,orifino 14.,red lodge 16

2015 ninja 1000 abs
2014 concourse 14
2012 concourse 14-sold
2011 vaquero-sold
2008 nomad-sold
2005 classic-sold

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #6

Made it home last night, a tad warm yesterday. Thanks to all of you! Norma actually got on the bike at Bryce Canyon and I took her to every scenic viewpoint. After four years she finally had the chance to see a different perspective.

Friday Norma wanted to go back to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and see the other scenic viewpoints. We got a room in Jacob Lake and I asked her where she wanted to meet in the Canyon? Surprise! "Let's take the bike." I about fell over. I got her in the gear and gave her the camera before she could change her mind.

Overall Norma did not do too bad for a first time passenger. As she made the typical mistakes in the turns like moving the head or leaning the wrong way I gently corrected her so as not to overwhelm. At the end of 131 miles Norma was starting to move with the bike and relaxing.

There were a lot of animals Friday and the weather was perfect. I have no idea what the pictures look like yet and don't care either. The whole object was to distract, take away her fears, and make sure Norma had a good ride. I know she took a ton of pictures and ran the battery down. Hopefully some of the moving shots will be good.

Special thanks to Teri Conrad, Joel's wife, and everyone else for helping me get her to ride. Norma was still talking about the Grand Canyon and how she couldn't believe she did it when we got home last night.

Probably won't get Norma on a long touring ride anytime soon. That's fine, she can take the car and get on the bike in the scenic areas. Again, thanks everybody, best trip ever as far as I am concerned.
2015 Red/Blk Cross Country Tour - sold
2008 Red/Blk Nomad - sold
KE7HG
VBA 00176, IBA 65686, MOA 211564

Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Maggie Valley '11|Kanab '12|Estes Park '13|Red Lodge '16|Custer '18

Old 06-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
VBA Founder

Glad to hear you guys had a safe and fantastic rally. Looks like Kanab is still doing well after I left it several years ago...LOL.

Love the pics!
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 06-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
Made it home last night, a tad warm yesterday. Thanks to all of you! Norma actually got on the bike at Bryce Canyon and I took her to every scenic viewpoint. After four years she finally had the chance to see a different perspective.

Friday Norma wanted to go back to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and see the other scenic viewpoints. We got a room in Jacob Lake and I asked her where she wanted to meet in the Canyon? Surprise! "Let's take the bike." I about fell over. I got her in the gear and gave her the camera before she could change her mind.

Overall Norma did not do too bad for a first time passenger. As she made the typical mistakes in the turns like moving the head or leaning the wrong way I gently corrected her so as not to overwhelm. At the end of 131 miles Norma was starting to move with the bike and relaxing.

There were a lot of animals Friday and the weather was perfect. I have no idea what the pictures look like yet and don't care either. The whole object was to distract, take away her fears, and make sure Norma had a good ride. I know she took a ton of pictures and ran the battery down. Hopefully some of the moving shots will be good.

Special thanks to Teri Conrad, Joel's wife, and everyone else for helping me get her to ride. Norma was still talking about the Grand Canyon and how she couldn't believe she did it when we got home last night.

Probably won't get Norma on a long touring ride anytime soon. That's fine, she can take the car and get on the bike in the scenic areas. Again, thanks everybody, best trip ever as far as I am concerned.
A few more little steps like that and you will not be able to keep her off that bike.

Oldest Saloon In Nevada
http://www.pioneersaloon.info/

"Sin City Stan"
Henderson, NV
VBA #01004
VROC #29365
2004 Nomad 1500L5 +100 "The Bike"
2009 Nomad 1700 (past)
2004 Vulcan Classic 800 (past)
2010 Cortez - 2011 Crescent City - 2012 Kanab - 2013 Estes Park

Old 06-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #9

I got back home in Northern Cal this afternoon.
It was my first rally and I had a great time! It was good to meet all of you. I really enjoyed hanging out and having our conversations after the rides.
I would like to thank the group leaders for the rides they put together.
Great job guys!