Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-21-2017, 07:39 PM   #16

I received it late fall 2014. It is a very nice and comfortable seat except as stated. It is far more comfortable than the stock and gets better the more it is used. If I can find a way to get the handlebars closer to me it would be perfect. I have Chucksters risers, but they are not enough. I have seen some risers that curve towards the rider, but not for the Vaquero. I am also thinking if I could find a replacement handlebar that is a few inches taller than stock I could just tilt them towards me. I'll figure it out. Spring is coming1 I shipped my ECU to Ivan today and also have a new clearview shield on order. I now need to decide on getting pipes or not (Cobra 4" billet if I do) and what to do for music system hardware. I am thinking an ipod patch cord, Bluetooth ipod and Bluetooth earbuds as I use a half helmet.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-21-2017, 09:54 PM   #17

Quote:
I am thinking an ipod patch cord, Bluetooth ipod and Bluetooth earbuds as I use a half helmet.
I tried a Blue tooth plugged into the rear speakers of the bike to send to my Sena S10 in the helmet. It worked great if I lowered the volume to the front speakers. When left plugged in and not using it, it caused interference with the front speakers. I used a standard Mini 3.5mm jack wired to the rear speakers. I found the OEM plugs so I did not have to cut wires to tap into the rear speakers. Some one told me that maybe they do not accept a common ground. ( makes sense to me)but I DONOT KNOW THAT MUCH OTHER THAN CONNECTING WIRES. I tapped between all my soldered connections on the plug and used the OEM plug to connect to the stock OEM speaker plugs. I even reversed the plug polarity one at a time to make sure I was correct. Hope this helps your quest.

2016 1700 Vaquero 10/4/2016
2007 1500 Classic W/ Reckless Fairing, 42,000 miles
2004 600 Honda Shadow 18,000 miles
1989 500 Honda CX Custom 55,000 miles
1973 400 Kawi Triple 5,000 miles

Old 03-22-2017, 03:58 AM   #18
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddM View Post
I received it late fall 2014. It is a very nice and comfortable seat except as stated. It is far more comfortable than the stock and gets better the more it is used. If I can find a way to get the handlebars closer to me it would be perfect. I have Chucksters risers, but they are not enough. I have seen some risers that curve towards the rider, but not for the Vaquero. I am also thinking if I could find a replacement handlebar that is a few inches taller than stock I could just tilt them towards me. I'll figure it out. Spring is coming1 I shipped my ECU to Ivan today and also have a new clearview shield on order. I now need to decide on getting pipes or not (Cobra 4" billet if I do) and what to do for music system hardware. I am thinking an ipod patch cord, Bluetooth ipod and Bluetooth earbuds as I use a half helmet.
What is the measurements for your risers? I put some Skootworks risers on and they have a 2" lift and 2" setback. About $120.00. Bought them off of Amazon so I wouldn't have to wait.

Way better than stock.

They have others that can do more.

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:33 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Ranch View Post
What is the measurements for your risers? I put some Skootworks risers on and they have a 2" lift and 2" setback. About $120.00. Bought them off of Amazon so I wouldn't have to wait.

Way better than stock.

I installed a set of these as well, got them direct no problems no complaints, moved 'em back just right for me. cheers

Old 03-22-2017, 06:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarr10 View Post
I tried a Blue tooth plugged into the rear speakers of the bike to send to my Sena S10 in the helmet. It worked great if I lowered the volume to the front speakers. When left plugged in and not using it, it caused interference with the front speakers. I used a standard Mini 3.5mm jack wired to the rear speakers. I found the OEM plugs so I did not have to cut wires to tap into the rear speakers. Some one told me that maybe they do not accept a common ground. ( makes sense to me)but I DONOT KNOW THAT MUCH OTHER THAN CONNECTING WIRES. I tapped between all my soldered connections on the plug and used the OEM plug to connect to the stock OEM speaker plugs. I even reversed the plug polarity one at a time to make sure I was correct. Hope this helps your quest.
Thanks mbarr. I shouldn't run into these problem as I will not have to do any wiring with the Kawasaki patch cord. Should be just plug and play. How do the Sena s10's sound?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-22-2017, 06:45 PM   #21

Thanks Snake Ranch and Met-rick. The riser's I got from Chucksters gives a "Gain 1 3/4″ rise and 1 1/4″ set back" according to his site. They do help, but I need another 2" set-back. Geez my arms are really short I guess your knuckles are dragging on the ground. haha

Old 03-22-2017, 07:48 PM   #22

Quote:
How do the Sena s10's sound?
I'm not an Audio file, but I can hear it well and it sounds good to me. Phone calls work well, microphone not as good as I would expect. Could be the location I use. With a full face helmet Not to may people can tell I'm on the bike. When I clip it on to my 3/4 helmet It is not good for conversations. But Now that I have the Vaquero with a 14.5" Clearview windshield it should be better.

How hard was it to install the Chucksters?
Talk about poor customer service you have had with Corbin. I have read Chucksters is worse. But that could be a select few. You are the first I have read with Corbin being poor customer service. Could have just been the person you talked to. My staff at work can be poor at service at times. We coach we role play and move forward. Maybe talking with the manager or owner would help your return adjustment. At least a discount for the way you were treated. It costs nothing to try!

Old 03-23-2017, 01:08 PM   #23

Quote:
I'm not an Audio file, but I can hear it well and it sounds good to me. Phone calls work well, microphone not as good as I would expect. Could be the location I use. With a full face helmet Not to may people can tell I'm on the bike. When I clip it on to my 3/4 helmet It is not good for conversations. But Now that I have the Vaquero with a 14.5" Clearview windshield it should be better.

How hard was it to install the Chucksters?
Talk about poor customer service you have had with Corbin. I have read Chucksters is worse. But that could be a select few. You are the first I have read with Corbin being poor customer service. Could have just been the person you talked to. My staff at work can be poor at service at times. We coach we role play and move forward. Maybe talking with the manager or owner would help your return adjustment. At least a discount for the way you were treated. It costs nothing to try!
I like to use a 1/2 helmet and I use Bose noise cancelling earbuds which work amazing, but still gets lots of wind noise which I hope the new clearview shield will fix. When its really cold I do use a full helmet but the earbuds will not work with that so I will have a look at the sena line.

As far as Corbin goes I went right to the top. Corbin makes a great product has a lot of dedicated customers and so I guess they do not worry about the few they lose. Hopefully it's a customer service lesson there somewhere. I've moved on and am looking forward to a great season of riding.

I had good service with Chuckster's. I seem to remember having some difficulty with the bottom fasteners. Nature of the beast. Nothing that a double swivel extension (wobble?) wouldn't have made quick work of. After a few choice words it was done!

Todd

Last edited by ToddM; 03-23-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:40 PM   #24

IMG_20161016_165247147.jpg If you are looking for a quick fix, while you wait for the Clearview shield. 20 bucks at Home Depot.took less than an hour to cut and mount. Must buy the plexi not the acrylic. It will keep you warmer and reduce sound while you wait. Will PM info if its something you want to try while you wait.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Attachment 12403 If you are looking for a quick fix, while you wait for the Clearview shield. 20 bucks at Home Depot.took less than an hour to cut and mount. Must buy the plexi not the acrylic. It will keep you warmer and reduce sound while you wait. Will PM info if its something you want to try while you wait.
Sure. Please send the info. I have a sheet of that. I see that you placed over the stock shield. good idea. Still lots of winter here. probably another 6 weeks or so. Thanks.

Todd

Old 03-24-2017, 06:58 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Ranch View Post

Way better than stock.

Do the risers come straight up and hook towards you or are they just straight up. The site shows most have the angled hook, but the picture on the Vaquero looks like they just come straight up. It is hard to tell.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:13 PM   #27

Has anyone tried the Flanders Touring handlebars that fit the vaquero. They are designed to give more pull back than the stock (17.5 versus 15) which is exactly what I am looking for, however the rise is 8" versus stock 10". Many manufacturers have their own way of defining height an pull back but flanders (sideroadcycles) give these dimensions for both the stock bars and the ones for sale. This way you know the difference between the two.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:17 AM   #28
Advanced Member

Quote:
Do the risers come straight up and hook towards you or are they just straight up. The site shows most have the angled hook, but the picture on the Vaquero looks like they just come straight up. It is hard to tell.
They hook back towards you. It is at the bottom of the riser.

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:59 AM   #29

Ok being my anal self I started some diagrams to help with my quest of getting the handlebars closer to me. I am looking for 3" of pull back from stock. I include some of the drawings that may help others with this same issue and maybe some helpful comments.

The first diagram shows the stock location versus the relocation using chuckster's risers which I have on my bike. I also show these drawings at the 33 degree angle at which the risers are installed to easier show the actual rise and pullback. While the pullback dimension is what I am looking for I still have to keep in mind the rise, but that isn't critical for me at this point.

The next diagram shows the scootworks vaquero risers, but keep in mind I do not have these, but they are drawn based on the advertised 2" rise and 2" pull back. The chuckster's risers are spacers that are added to the stock riser which means they must be on the same center as stock. The scootworks risers seem be installed somewhat off center to the base or the pull back is less than 2 inches. They are very close to the console at full lock which is fine. I haven't seen any complaints of contact.

The third drawing shows both the chuckster and scootworks together

The fourth drawing shows the Krator 3.5" risers seen on ebay. I wasn't going to include this as I discovered the hole is only 1" in diameter, but I included anyway as it clearly shows interference with the console at full lock.

The fifth drawing shows the 5.5" krator risers seen on Ebay, which would solve my issue, but again they are only for 1" diameter bars. Annoying that the seller states they will fit the Vaquero. Heck they will fit my truck if I make some modifications! Did I say annoying?!

My conclusion is that for the price the Scootworks risers may be all I get as can use the stock hoses and wires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chucksters.JPG (44.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Scootworks.JPG (44.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Sc vs ch.JPG (51.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Krator.JPG (44.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg krator 5.5 risers.JPG (48.0 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by ToddM; 03-25-2017 at 11:05 AM.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:16 AM   #30

I PHONE PICTURE TRANSFER 037.jpg
Quote:
*** here's a pic of the scootworks phatriser 1xvb on my 2013 Vaq. and I did re-route the brake line to in front of the triple tree just to be safe. As you know you can go to their site or call them to check and verify the specs for rise and p/b...but as I see it for this particular model they simply "sweep" back as opposed to most others that have an actual "hook" or definitive bend. ps. about dragging knuckles comment...I always wear gloves lol. cheers