Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #16
Top Contributor

I always liked the royal star and check e-bay occasionally
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #17

My Stepdad who is my neighbor and main riding partner has a RSV and it makes my Nomad look like a mini bike. I have sat on a bunch of Vaqueros and Voyagers just to check them out and the RSV is much taller and just seems like an all around bigger bike than any Vulcan despite the lower CC's. It is a super smooth ride with ridiculously comfy 2up capability; my Mom is known to fall asleep on longer rides...

VBA Member # 02057

Old 06-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #18

I have had 2 Royal Star Ventures and 3 Tour Deluxes. I love the bikes and if a person is buying used you can get a great deal on them. The Venture is more top heavy and more of a beast in town. Installing leveling links helps but the Voyager is a bit better for in town riding. There is more weight on the handle bars as the Venture fairing is attached to them. The Tour Deluxe was much better as it just has a shield. The 4 cylinder water cooled engine is durable and really scoots. They are made for high RPMS. Yamaha hasn't changed the Venture since 1999 when the 2nd generation came out. I now have a 2010 Voyager and it is a great bike too. I like the fuel injection but had no objection to the carbs on the Venture.