Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 12-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #31
Mega-Contributor

I have met some really great people on this forum, I have been to 6 rallies since 2008 and make more friends at each one. There are still many folks I would like to meet, but haven't had the chance to. Once you can meet a fellow member in person and can put a face with the name, this forum takes on a whole new meaning.

Here's a recent picture of a fellow member, but he's too much of a cheap bastard to actually buy the bike:

VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
I have met some really great people on this forum, I have been to 6 rallies since 2008 and make more friends at each one. There are still many folks I would like to meet, but haven't had the chance to. Once you can meet a fellow member in person and can put a face with the name, this forum takes on a whole new meaning.

Here's a recent picture of a fellow member, but he's too much of a cheap bastard to actually buy the bike:

Tell him Brad, we all don't have the unlimited resources he has.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 12-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #33

Is this a classic example of a hijacked thread or what?

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 12-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #34
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
When I told them I was Blowndodge they just laughed at me!

We laughed because you had your pressed shirt on.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Old 12-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #35
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunrider View Post
I like the direction this one is going better than how it started. This is more like it was back in 2007 for me. But I miss some of those "early" members and their banter like Todd and Jeff and it kills me to say it but.....of course Brad's part in all that.
Oh and thanks for your kind words Brad

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by rickyboy; 12-09-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #36

It started off as a thank you. Memory is the second thing to leave you as you get old Ricky.

Fits you well Brad.

110 cu in SE

Rinehart 4" slip ons
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

VBA #482

Old 12-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #37

Quote:
Henceforth my Brokeback Mountain remark! Now you get it RWB. Too much hugging and reach around going on with the sentimental crowd for me!
. . . . . . . .
We don't use words like "loser" "worthless" "nerd". Incidentally that is Ricky's legal first, middle and last name anyways!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy View Post
I like the direction this one is going better than how it started. This more like it was back in 2007 for me. But I miss some of those "early" members and their banter like Todd and Jeff and it kills me to say it but.....of course Brad's part in all that.
Oh and thanks for your kind words Brad
Got up this mornin with a headache, took some pain pills and logged on to this. Ha you two are clear as day. Every now and again you meet someone that you just have a unique communication with. And no I don't mean like Brokeback Mountain, I saw that movie, it was particularly disturbing to me. I have no input for that sort of thing except that it bothers me.

BTW my name is Dave. The RWB is a nickname given to me by co-workers many many years ago. It stands for Redneck White Boy. But I really do have a normal suitcase, you won't see me at the airport baggage picking up a igloo cooler with duct tape on it. I have a few cousins that might. I will admit to having a backyard with some construction material piled up from time to time though.

But getting back to the way some guys can rib each other and actually enjoy it. I've only had a few friends like that in my life (well I mean the type where you could just about go anywhere in the conversation and it was still fun). And the older I've got, being of the christian faith, I kinda toned down some of my old stuff, but that's just my own conviction area. All is fair when it's good natured. A lot of Baptists still believe Jesus drank grape juice and not wine, but that ain't the way the bible tells it.

Anyhow I remember one guy I worked high rise construction with up in Orlando back in 1973. He and I hit it off right from the start and before long we were ribbing each other (way more than I would with just anybody). It was nothing for him (in a group setting) to say something outrageous to me. I can remember one time, this is a true exchange, while we all were taking a work break (about 10 of us) and John says (his name was John Tindell).

"Hey Dave, while you were at night class I was over at your place taking care of your girl friend. She said you weren't doin a good job of it."

I immediately come back with,

"Ha you think I was at night school, I was over takin care of your wife bud. I paid my girlfriend to get you over there. Here's a quarter, go down on back street and get you somethun worth your time."

Some of the new guys actually thought we were worst enemies. But in all my life I never met a guy I liked more. Only one time did I piss him off, he started it, but I carried it a bit too far on the rebound. I won't go into all of that since it's kinda drawn out. But I told him I would have never done it had I known he would take it that bad. I will admit back then I could be a bit much. I'm a more sophisticated old redneck now. Things and people change but folks who are friends of the heart have something worth more than gold.

I haven't seen John in over 35 yrs, I moved back to Lakeland and time moved on. I have some other good friends, but I can't go where I did with John, with them it just ain't the same. Maybe someday I will meet John again. Wonder how much he's changed too.

In closing there is something about BlownDodge's Pic (and personality) that definitely reminds me of an older cousin I have. He looked kinda like BD and also was a constant ribber. When my wife first met him, I had warned her about him to be prepared. My wife is very short, (only 5ft tall). When I introduced her to my cousin, the first thing he said to her was " So you fell off a ladder picking strawberries ?"

Last edited by R_W_B; 12-09-2012 at 08:51 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 12-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #38

Quote:
It took a sharp turn off topic at post #3, Victory riders, gotta love em
VBA #9

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 12-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #39
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Quote:
It started off as a thank you. Memory is the second thing to leave you as you get old Ricky.

The memory isn't that bad most of the time. ...and here we go again!
As TC said it took a turn at post number three where the explanation of what Chris {"monkey man"} said what he had found to be true. I think Gene was left shaking his head at the post also.
I was good with the "thank you" post.

But can we drop this now! I'm starting to wish I had just gone right past the entire post and not said anything. I've yet to hear from Chris since his comment. I hope he's not to offended by what I've said. That wasn't my intention.
I was/am glad the post came back to being "light hart'd" which I'm sure you are being.

Let's talk about what a dickhead Brad is.....

I think Mac might have met his match when it comes to the length of his posts. Dave can write long stories too!! Interesting though.
Oh man here I go ,....no offense to either Mac or Dave here.
Maybe I should start all my posts with ... "this is not meant to offend anyone here"

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Last edited by rickyboy; 12-09-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #40

Quote:
Maybe I should start all my posts with ... "this is not meant to offend anyone here"
I always find it unnerving when someone starts a conversation with me with "don't take this the wrong way but............."
VBA #9

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 12-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #41

Don't take this the wrong way, this is not meant to offend anyone here but, I hope everyone is going to have a great Christmas!

Gene Chestnut
Dover, DE
USAF 1968-1995
VBA#01761
2007 Nomad 1600
Black and Titanium

Old 12-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #42

Quote:
The memory isn't that bad most of the time. ...and here we go again!
As TC said it took a turn at post number three where the explanation of what Chris {"monkey man"} said what he had found to be true. I think Gene was left shaking his head at the post also.
I was good with the "thank you" post.

But can we drop this now! I'm starting to wish I had just gone right past the entire post and not said anything. I've yet to hear from Chris since his comment. I hope he's not to offended by what I've said. That wasn't my intention.
I was/am glad the post came back to being "light hart'd" which I'm sure you are being.

Let's talk about what a dickhead Brad is.....

I think Mac might have met his match when it comes to the length of his posts. Dave can write long stories too!! Interesting though.
I am being light hart'd, but it's still true.

110 cu in SE

Rinehart 4" slip ons
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

VBA #482

Old 12-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #43

Quote:
The memory isn't that bad most of the time.
. . . . . . . .
Ha, your memory ain't that bad, you remembered my name. I went back and looked and my post is the longest on the thread. And I'm a newb to boot, I ought to have my ass kicked LOL. But then what else has an old man with an early morning headache to do cept type a bunch to anyone who will listen.

So in an effort un-hijack a hi-jacked thread, I say you're welcome to the OP. What's that you don't give a shxt what a newb says anyhow. Well shxt I tried.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_W_B View Post

I've belonged to many and all types of forums over the years. I even remember back years ago before HTML sites took off, we had what was called NewsGroups. T
And using SLMR to download messages at night to be read the next day off-line.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #45

Quote:
......As time went on we had our first National Rally in Custer .
The original West Coast rally.