Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 09-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #151

Even on a computer screen where there is no personal face to face interaction one can get a feeling of what the other person is like. They know somehow that a person is either one they like or one they would not hang around with in the real world. We obviously rub each other the wrong way. I knew when you used the C word in one of your posts and continually used the phrase "has to sit down to piss" you were a person I would not want to associate with on here or in life in general.
You seem to be a person who needs to have the last word and you know what I think of you , so go for it, I'm done
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
Even on a computer screen where there is no personal face to face interaction one can get a feeling of what the other person is like. They know somehow that a person is either one they like or one they would not hang around with in the real world. We obviously rub each other the wrong way. I knew when you used the C word in one of your posts and continually used the phrase "has to sit down to piss" you were a person I would not want to associate with on here or in life in general.
You seem to be a person who needs to have the last word and you know what I think of you , so go for it, I'm done

Old 09-25-2014, 08:07 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringadingh View Post
Check out Al Flaherty's sporting goods in Toronto, they do a lot of online sales and there prices are very good most times on pistols and rifles.
I usually get my 22 and shotgun ammo there as well.

http://www.alflahertys.com/
Thanks for the great tip. Lot's of good stuff and not bad for pricing, especially if you're in the market for a 9mm. Since this was Idaho's thread that got hijacked I thought I should at least check out the Burris scope he bought since they have them at Flaherty's. Very nice scope but we get hosed up here on price as you know.
VBA #02217
06 Nomad
Buy the ticket, Take the ride.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:42 PM   #154

Our prices are crazy here in Canada, on a lot of guns, scopes and accessories. Sometimes you can get a good deal on stuff at some of the gun shows, but you have to know your pricing. Ive been going through a fair amopunt of 22 at the range this summer. Sometimes its in short supply, so I grab it when I can.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 09-26-2014, 08:04 PM   #155

You're right you have to buy em when you see em. I've heard so many stories about the shortages I don't know what to believe. Bought 2 Remington 1400 round buckets of 22 HP at Crappy Tire a couple of weeks ago. I gave one to a relative whose ranch I do my annual spring gopher eradication on. Only fair, right?
VBA #02217
06 Nomad
Buy the ticket, Take the ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-26-2014, 11:34 PM   #156

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
Thanks for the great tip. Lot's of good stuff and not bad for pricing, especially if you're in the market for a 9mm. Since this was Idaho's thread that got hijacked I thought I should at least check out the Burris scope he bought since they have them at Flaherty's. Very nice scope but we get hosed up here on price as you know.
I bought the Burris C4 from Cabelas for $299. That must have been a sale price because they are now listed for $399. I like the scope so much that I went looking for an AR-5.56 C4 scope for my .223 Savage and found one at the $299 sale price in Texas at Primary Arms, LLC. That scope arrived today and I replaced the Nikon scope that came on the Savage with the new Burris and after I boresighted the scope I headed to the range.

First shot at 25 yards, (to make sure I was on the paper) was one inch left. Two shots and some right correction and it was dead center. I'm shooting 55gr commercial reloads and the elevation knob on then Burris is marked in yardage to compensate for 55gr bullet drop of a 3200fps round. The next shot was at a target that I ranged at 93 yards. I set the clicker just shy of 100 and that bullet went exactly where I wanted it to go.

Then I ranged a steel plate that is supposed to be 200 yards and it was just shy so I set the clicker accordingly and smacked the steel plate with the next shot.

The next target is a turkey sized steel plate at 300 yards. I set the clicker at 300 and two shots later smacked it with the third shot. Then I turned the clicker back to about 190 and, shooting offhand, smacked the 190 yard steel plate.

If you have at .223 or a 5.56 you need one of these scopes. Burris gives you the 55gr compensated clicker with the scope and gives you one more free one for the load of your choice. Light, heavy, slow, fast, you send the ballisitic info for your fav load and they will cut a custom clicker for your needs.

What a pleasure to shoot.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter