Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2017, 09:43 AM   #1

Loading systems for a pick-up or RV.

First let me say thanks to everyone for the feedback I have gotten these past few months on some earlier questions. I had asked about a USB charging port and someone recommended one from "Spark", well I bought it, had it installed and it is the "cat's meow". The technician that installed now has put the same unit in about 4 other bikes he told me...including his own and is really pleased. I am in the process of installing a pair of LED running lights as well as the head lamp and tail light if he can find a bezel that works for my '01 1500 classic, I'll keep the board posted.
Now to the reason for this post. I have decided to return to the USA from my overseas work assignment and the thought of renting a place for the next year of two doesn't seem like something I am interested in doing. I am looking hard at a 38' diesel pusher RV(used) and plan on living in it pretty much full time. I can move around with work pretty easy and this will give me a chance to experience some places I have always wanted to do more than "drive thru". The plan is tow a pick up behind the RV (4 wheels down) for transportation while the RV remains parked. At this time, I am looking at a 2010"ish" Chevy Colorado or the Nissan Frontier (also used). I do not want to have to leave the bike in storage or fuss with having it shipped everytime I move, so I thought I would see if anyone has any "real life" experience with the bike ramp/lifts systems that use an electric wench. I saw a YOUTube video of a Blue Ox system that mounts to the back of the coach and allows you to tow up to 5000# as well, but can't find any information about buying one.
Anyway, as always I am open to suggestions and comments about what you have used, seen, other things I might need to consider. I do know that the combined weight of the bike and the truck is less than 5000# (somewhere in the neighborhood or 4300#.
TIA for the help!
Sky

Login or Register to Remove Ads