Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 02-11-2023, 05:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechaniac View Post
Exactly, it's great looking V-Twin cruiser than can hustle, fun indeed.
I did the Cadman with dual Spectre's 9x2 mainly for the balanced look. I didn't know that the factory set up was to breath from the other side and pipe it through until I started in. It made a seat of the pants difference that was remarkable.

This bike feels a bit beyond what I expected a 1600 named mean streak should have felt like from the factory now. If my fuel processor had been properly adjusted from the get go I may have been satisfied with it enough to leave it alone and just ride. But it was a bit sluggish so I started down the fix it rabbit hole and it's not spiraled out of control but fell together quite nicely to be a super bike when done. It just hit 10K miles and is in good condition. I'll probably sport it for many years after all of this. If you ride with V-twin guys but feel the need for speed like I do it's a great bike. My Super Magna is a drag bike tour-de-force but a little small for me these days. I'll never get rid of it again but this Mean Streak is a great companion that can take us on longer rides to places where the curves are legendary.
Bullshitt.you fucking yanks wouldnt know a bend if you ever saw one :cheersno room to post one here ffs

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-13-2023, 12:41 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyvh1959 View Post
If you are looking to get tire squel in 2nd or 3rd gear be aware, for that beware, of the transmission issues the 1500/1600 are well known for. I bought my 1600 Classic in great shape, with all the Gadgets mods applied, for only $1200 because 2nd gear crapped out. I have to pull the engine and split the cases to fix what is likely a failed shifter fork. You best be very good about shifting or have built up the tranny on your Vulcan if you plan to hit it hard in the three lower gears.
Bent/damaged shift forks are what I call collateral damage from a gear jumping out of engagement. Worn engagement dogs/slots at some point will not allow a gear to remain in engagement. When the floating gear jumps out and away from the fixed gear it pushes against the fork. If this happens often enuff the fork will become bent. Replacing badly worn gears, and having the new ones undercut along with fork and sometimes shift drom replacement will be needed.

RACNRAY