Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthEast Group

Old 09-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #1

Mayberry Days

Nomad1600 gave me some names of hotels in the area. I checked a couple. It looks like price is in the $100 range per night. I did not check the Winston-Salem area. Aaron mentioned that he has never gone to Mayberry Days but has been to the Autumn Days gathering in late October. Mayberry Days is in a couple of weeks. Are there still folks interested in going that weekend? We could always choose another weekend and just do our own thing.

Suggestion, ideas???

Amy "kawgirl" Neal
Greenville, NC
2002 Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-09-2008, 12:11 AM   #2

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Mayberry Days

I'm close to the area and I"ll ask around to get an idea from folks who've been to both which is better. Or a better idea is we can do both and then we'll know! :)

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 09-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #3
Top Contributor

Mayberry Days

I am open to any weekend that is that close to me. Mayberry Days is kinda fun if you were a fan of the show.......a few of the surviving cast come around and some impersonators.....then you have the things in town that are borrowed from the show (snappy lunch, floyds, etc.)........then they also have sort of the street festival stuff..crafts, food, etc.

If I am available at all, I will be there..

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 09-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
Advanced Member

Mayberry Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd (Nomadis Custodis)
I am open to any weekend that is that close to me. Mayberry Days is kinda fun if you were a fan of the show.......a few of the surviving cast come around and some impersonators.....then you have the things in town that are borrowed from the show (snappy lunch, floyds, etc.)........then they also have sort of the street festival stuff..crafts, food, etc.

If I am available at all, I will be there..
Yea thats what they do. I have been to Mayberry Days before long time ago it is not as big as the Autumn Leaves festival which is Oct. 10-12 I think this year. Hotel rooms go up and they are real scarce for 30-45 miles out. But there is a lot to do that weekend with Concerts and stuff. If anybody wants to come up I can check around for some rooms with prices.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #5

Mayberry Days

Classic1 and I were talking about meeting up for an autumn ride. We cannot make Mayberry days due to scheduling but I am up for the weekend of October 10-12.

Sorry I've been out of touch the last month. I have officially begun my master's degree and between that and my involvement with getting our city's red light cameras going at work "I've been busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest." Amy and I truly do need a getaway or runaway for a weekend.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-14-2008, 07:29 PM   #6

Mayberry Days

I'm ready to go somewhere too. It's too close to go to Mayberry Days at this point. Let's start looking at doing something somewhere in October. Nomad1600, I'm trying to take over just offering suggestions. How about Charlottesville, Mt. Airy, Maggie Valley, Pisgah Forest area? Any other thoughts? The sooner we decide, the better chance we have of getting reservations. That's prime time for the mountains. I was thinking we may be able to find somewhere that has cabins to rent. I do have a contact for some in the Murphy, NC area.

Amy "kawgirl" Neal
Greenville, NC
2002 Nomad

Old 09-14-2008, 09:38 PM   #7
Advanced Member

Mayberry Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgirl (nckawgirl)
I'm ready to go somewhere too. It's too close to go to Mayberry Days at this point. Let's start looking at doing something somewhere in October. Nomad1600, I'm trying to take over just offering suggestions. How about Charlottesville, Mt. Airy, Maggie Valley, Pisgah Forest area? Any other thoughts? The sooner we decide, the better chance we have of getting reservations. That's prime time for the mountains. I was thinking we may be able to find somewhere that has cabins to rent. I do have a contact for some in the Murphy, NC area.
There is a place up on the parkway called the Station Inn at milepost 248. It is about a block form the BRP and there is a restaurant right there. You can get the whole Inn if you book I think all 17 rooms and then you have the whole place. They will also do a BBQ or cater food for a group of at least 20 people.

Heres their web site check it out and let me know what you think.
www.stationsinn.com

Also here is another place that would be nice, it too is on the BRP.
It's called the Bluffs Lodge
http://foreverlodging.com/lodging.cfm?PropertyKey=74

I also know of a place on the parkway that has cabins but they are rustic but nice but I don'r have any info on them, but they have at least 8 or more cabins. I will try and get more info if any of this interests anyone.

Let me know what you think.