Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 06-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #166

KawaNOW Western Region Rally

[quote=Valdez (lone Juan)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Dan Lund":xzdq125n
I decided which rally to go to, and I'm going to the Western. If anyone is going to the rally from the east side of Utah, or through the central part, and wants to meet up and take the scenic route, hit me up.

I think I'll be going through on Wed. and will be doing hwy 12.
Dan we'll be riding Hwy 12 on Wednesday also. We're leaving Lyman Utah through Capital Reef NP, and out the bottom over to 12 on to Bryce NP for the night. Might be interesting if we could ride some together. Keep this number in your pocket (916) 616-8137. See ya in either Utah or Nevada..... Oh yeah[/quote:xzdq125n]

I got it :)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-12-2008, 05:28 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
Next Week.......tick tick tick tick tick..
Next week? I'm there already!!

Old 06-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #168

The boss told me not to bother coming to work tomorrow cuz I wouldn't be here anyway :)

Old 06-12-2008, 10:59 AM   #169
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

I've already packed and loaded up my T bag and strapped in on and off twice just to look at the bike all loaded up and ready!!! How sad is that???

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 06-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #170
Mega-Contributor

Haha BD. You're not alone. I have been trying to figure out how I'm going to get everything packed.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to remove the trunk/wompus rack and reinstall the backrest/cobra rack so I can take the T-Bag on the trip. I was going to detail the bike this weekend, and I will already have the saddlebags off, so it's only 5 minutes to swap out the stuff on the back. I really wanted to show off my trunk at the rally, but I think I'm going to need the space and convenience of the T-Bag. Can't use the trunk and the T-Bag together - it's one or the other.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-12-2008, 11:43 AM   #171
Sr. Contributor

decisions decisions....Not a bad one to be made CJ !!!

I'm going to wipe down the front of my bike; ie, back of mirrors headlight, radiatior windshield turn signals saddle bag fronts with Pam cooking spray. I've done this with cars and trucks for years as well at motorcycles in the past and the splattered bugs wipe right off!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

Member # 0005

Old 06-12-2008, 03:24 PM   #172

Quote:
I've already packed and loaded up my T bag and strapped in on and off twice just to look at the bike all loaded up and ready!!! How sad is that???
Sad, but a reasonable thing to do. I've been trying not to do that. Well, to much anyway :)

Old 06-13-2008, 09:52 AM   #173

Quote:

I'm going to wipe down the front of my bike; ie, back of mirrors headlight, radiatior windshield turn signals saddle bag fronts with Pam cooking spray. I've done this with cars and trucks for years as well at motorcycles in the past and the splattered bugs wipe right off!!
Yeah, well be careful not to smack any endangered species of insect going past the Delhi Sands area. The fine is probably more than your bike cost! I think it's like $2000 per creature killed or harmed.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #174
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
Quote:

Yeah, well be careful not to smack any endangered species of insect going past the Delhi Sands area. The fine is probably more than your bike cost! I think it's like $2000 per creature killed or harmed.
I think BD just likes the "buttery smell" on his bike.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 06-13-2008, 11:52 AM   #175
Sr. Contributor

Why ya gotta be like dat ???? I'm a victim,

Member # 0005

Old 06-13-2008, 01:56 PM   #176

I posted on my front door at the office that I would be out of town due to the Mesquite trip.

I just had a patient tell me they go to Mesquite every year.... last week of April or first week of May (WHEN THE TEMP IS STILL TOLERABLE!!!!) LOL

Anyway.... the Casa Blanca was opened by Merv Griffin and is gorgeous. The Oasis is way older but still nice and less than half as much.... well we knew that!

Anyways............. she said her husband loves the steak house at Oasis. "Charmaines's"... great big fat juicey BDlicious steaks...

She said the nice part about the Oasis is you can park your bikes right at your front door vs the Casa Blanca where you have to park them a ways away... good to know!!

El Nico, Your KawaNOW Demi-god.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:49 PM   #177

My shirt finally came!!! Very nice!

Old 06-14-2008, 08:17 PM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq

I think BD just likes the "buttery smell" on his bike.
What'll be real funny is if we come out of the restaurant and find like 20 stray cats all licking the butter flavor offa BD's bike.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:50 PM   #179
Sr. Contributor

Just keep talkin' smack fellas!! Keep it up!!!!!

BD's a coming......to a town near you!!!!!

Member # 0005

Old 06-15-2008, 12:07 AM   #180

OK boze, we're outta here in 9 hours. Heading for our 1st nights stay in lovely Hawthorne Nevada, we're we'll take in some best lounge lizard acts between here and Caliente. Look forward to seeing ya all in Mesquite next week. Glad you all liked the shirts, and thanks for you kind remarks.... Be safe, and check your air pressure. I'm out