Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Old 04-08-2016, 05:28 PM   #31
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendesigner View Post
So did you trade in the Nomad for the new bike? I'm in the same boat as you are right now but it's my second gear that is shot. Trying to figure out what to do, if I can trade it in (or sell as-is to someone) and still get something I may do that BUT I sure love my bike. Hate that this happen.
Oh no you too?! That goddam 2nd gear is the friggin death knell for these bikes which are otherwise extremely hardy. Sorry to hear it. When negotiating the purchase of the Victory I was asked what I had to trade and what I was looking to get for it. "A beauty" I told him, "And I don't want much for it?" which got his attention till I told him why. After that he was not interested at any price.

I am just about to get mine out of winter storage, post it on Craigslist with full disclosure of the issue, and park it somewhere visible with a FOR SALE sign on it. After getting to ride the new Victory a couple times now I am officially, emotionally divorced from the old gal. Have decided I'll be glad to let it go intact with all accessories attached for more like the $1500 range. I realize that is not financially the smartest move but I'm just suddenly over it. Funny how a new bike can do that....hmmm. Time to move on.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-08-2016, 06:16 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIBBY View Post
"yee haa!!"
A bit late on parade,but fair to you mate.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:25 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by id-man View Post
Oh no you too?! That goddam 2nd gear is the friggin death knell for these bikes which are otherwise extremely hardy. Sorry to hear it. When negotiating the purchase of the Victory I was asked what I had to trade and what I was looking to get for it. "A beauty" I told him, "And I don't want much for it?" which got his attention till I told him why. After that he was not interested at any price.

I am just about to get mine out of winter storage, post it on Craigslist with full disclosure of the issue, and park it somewhere visible with a FOR SALE sign on it. After getting to ride the new Victory a couple times now I am officially, emotionally divorced from the old gal. Have decided I'll be glad to let it go intact with all accessories attached for more like the $1500 range. I realize that is not financially the smartest move but I'm just suddenly over it. Funny how a new bike can do that....hmmm. Time to move on.
CONGRATs on your new Vic. Letting go is easier when you have a new love in your life :)

Old 04-10-2016, 12:28 AM   #34

I tried to send you a PM, I am interested in the project.

Let me know if you received the PM as I sent it from my phone and not sure I did it right
-ECU Ivanized
-Clearview medium with recurve

Old 04-10-2016, 08:53 AM   #35
Advanced Member

Hey Dutch, no I did not get a PM. Thanks for trying anyway, and thanks to all who expressed an interest in this bike whether whole or parts - the bike is now gone.
To my surprise a buyer popped up in person just hours after I got the bike running yesterday. Cash was handed over and it's already gone. There was no time to entertain counteroffers - cash appeared and I caved. So I got one final farewell ride for a few miles, emptied all my luggage, said my goodbye, and that chapter is now closed. She was a mighty steed I will always respect, admire and fondly remember. Thanks to this forum for educating me about these bikes and helping me through the times I needed guidance. I'll probably spend more time at the Victory forums after this but will never be completely gone from here - too many good people. I will continue to share anything I know that might help pay back the support and camaraderie where I can, with gratitude.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-10-2016, 10:13 AM   #36

Quote:
I'll probably spend more time at the Victory forums after this but will never be completely gone from here - too many good people. I will continue to share anything I know that might help pay back the support and camaraderie where I can, with gratitude.
Congratulations on the new ride. It looks great. Sharing is one of the best parts of this forum. Second only to the friendships it kindles...

Ride safe,
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115

Old 04-10-2016, 10:00 PM   #37
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Hey Dutch, no I did not get a PM. Thanks for trying anyway, and thanks to all who expressed an interest in this bike whether whole or parts - the bike is now gone.
To my surprise a buyer popped up in person just hours after I got the bike running yesterday. Cash was handed over and it's already gone. There was no time to entertain counteroffers - cash appeared and I caved. So I got one final farewell ride for a few miles, emptied all my luggage, said my goodbye, and that chapter is now closed. She was a mighty steed I will always respect, admire and fondly remember. Thanks to this forum for educating me about these bikes and helping me through the times I needed guidance. I'll probably spend more time at the Victory forums after this but will never be completely gone from here - too many good people. I will continue to share anything I know that might help pay back the support and camaraderie where I can, with gratitude.
Now you're a member of the Various Baggers Association
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 04-11-2016, 01:02 AM   #38

Congratulations on the Vic CC. You're are going to enjoy that bike more than you ever enjoyed the Nomad, and I'm sure you loved the Nad as did I. But these Vics just offer something you have to experience to apreciate. Come on over and see us at the Vog. Lots of good stuff happening there. Ride safe. Let the mods begin.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:39 AM   #39
Mega-Contributor

Nice ride, ID-Man. Congrats.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 04-11-2016, 09:54 AM   #40
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
Now you're a member of the Various Baggers Association
I have arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
Congratulations on the Vic CC. You're are going to enjoy that bike more than you ever enjoyed the Nomad, and I'm sure you loved the Nad as did I. But these Vics just offer something you have to experience to apreciate. Come on over and see us at the Vog. Lots of good stuff happening there. Ride safe. Let the mods begin.
I am at the Vog thanks, still as id-man, you'll run into me eventually. Also at victoryforums.com.

No disrespect to the Nomad, it achieves what it was designed for brilliantly, but the Cross Country aims for and hits a completely different target. They fulfill the sleek, modern, engineered concept every bit as well as the Vulcans hit that old-school, traditional, dare I say "American" V-twin vibe it aimed for. They are both gorgeous and true to their promise in different ways. Biggest difference to me is the handling and manners on curves and at low speeds. Where the Nomad wanted heavy input and corrections the Vic seems to just track with far less effort. That's not a bash just an observation. I'll always admire the Nomad and the mighty men who master them!

Old 04-11-2016, 12:12 PM   #41

Quote:
I have arrived!

I am at the Vog thanks, still as id-man, you'll run into me eventually. Also at victoryforums.com.

No disrespect to the Nomad, it achieves what it was designed for brilliantly, but the Cross Country aims for and hits a completely different target. They fulfill the sleek, modern, engineered concept every bit as well as the Vulcans hit that old-school, traditional, dare I say "American" V-twin vibe it aimed for. They are both gorgeous and true to their promise in different ways. Biggest difference to me is the handling and manners on curves and at low speeds. Where the Nomad wanted heavy input and corrections the Vic seems to just track with far less effort. That's not a bash just an observation. I'll always admire the Nomad and the mighty men who master them!
Well said! The signs of a true gentleman. Your observations IMO are 100 percent correct. Two great machines, both doing what they were designed to do. Your inputs, comments and quotes will always be missed. Do stop in and say hello from time to time. I welcome your comments anytime.

Old 04-11-2016, 04:46 PM   #42
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
I have arrived!

Just imagine if you rode a sport tourer. :)
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 04-11-2016, 06:36 PM   #43
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
Just imagine if you rode a sport tourer. :)
I've tried to imagine it. For some reason I can't bring myself to it, I think it's because I don't want to like them. Dumb I know but if I liked them then I'd have to buy all new sporty riding gear as my old stuff would look totallly wrong on a sport bike. Then there's the V-twin thump I'm afraid I'd miss - that sound and feel I've associated all my life with what riding means. I feel the same about cars - I'd always pick a hulking "American" V-8 over a high-tech engine, and that's equally as dumb but what I grew up with. Maybe for my NEXT bike and my NEXT car :) (right after I get my first hot rod).

Old 04-11-2016, 07:45 PM   #44
Top Contributor

I tried a sport tourer (Yamaha FJR 1300) after selling my Voyager.
I never got comfortable on it despite putting on risers, Daylong seat and a bigger windshield. 30 years ago the FJR would have been a bike of my dreams but it turned out to be a nightmare. My fault for thinking I was 35 years old.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:15 PM   #45
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
My fault for thinking I was 35 years old.
Haha that could be part of it - turning 62 next month, I want to lean back.