Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Old 10-14-2014, 02:55 PM   #76
Top Contributor

/sigh/ The new owner rode off on the Vision today. Sad to see it go and I feel like an utter failure. Talked to the bank about a new(er) truck and they let me borrow their Black Book. Sad to see how much they're willing (or not willing) to loan on things. High mileage will really kill things and it's tough to find something older with low mileage. 'Bout ready to give up. :(
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #77
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
/sigh/ The new owner rode off on the Vision today. Sad to see it go and I feel like an utter failure. Talked to the bank about a new(er) truck and they let me borrow their Black Book. Sad to see how much they're willing (or not willing) to loan on things. High mileage will really kill things and it's tough to find something older with low mileage. 'Bout ready to give up. :(
You need to look in Craig's List and other ads for localities around retirement communities. Old people like to keep things a long time and don't drive much.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 10-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #78
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
You need to look in Craig's List and other ads for localities around retirement communities. Old people like to keep things a long time and don't drive much.
You're pretty smart. I never thought about that. I'll have to figure out what areas have large(r) retirement communities. Thanks.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 10-15-2014, 07:30 AM   #79
Sr. Contributor

When I was a teenager that is what I did. Two cars from 'lil ole ladies. Be prepared
to change all the fluids, maybe an exhaust, maybe some brake work especially the
brake lines, maybe some tires. I live in a salt use state, so there was always the risk
of rust. But once I got past all the little things, those 2 cars served me exceptionally well.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 10-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #80

...Old Folk's....Well I guess I now must admit to fitting in that category...

I'v got a white..97 F250 4X4..CrewCab Power Stroke Diesel Engine, with Banks Turbo, Banks Intercooler, Banks "Trans Command"...and a "Torque Locker" for down grade engine hold back, while trailer towing (the OEM electric 4spd OD..has a bad habit of running off a mountain down grade..in 4th gear(OD).. with "free-wheeling'-Georgia Overdrive !".. and you use the brakes a lot....the torque locker completely cut that mis-engineered trait --OUT ! ..at 180,000 miles on the odometer, it still has the brakes that were on it when I became second owner @112k miles...never smoked in....like new...
Am I ready to sell ? ....I doubt it ! ...I have my insur annual miles traveled document sitting here on my desk....the truck sit's indoors..and traveled since last Oct..til Oct 2014..a total of 332 miles...( once a month run around the neighborhood, to lube the bearings)..been in 4 wheel drive twice since I owned it..both times to maneuver on soft sand while parking the travel trailer !..like I said I cant bring myself to put it up for sale..but maybe in a couple months...? !

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-15-2014, 04:08 PM   #81
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Sam View Post
...Old Folk's....Well I guess I now must admit to fitting in that category...

I'v got a white..97 F250 4X4..CrewCab Power Stroke Diesel Engine, with Banks Turbo, Banks Intercooler, Banks "Trans Command"...and a "Torque Locker" for down grade engine hold back, while trailer towing (the OEM electric 4spd OD..has a bad habit of running off a mountain down grade..in 4th gear(OD).. with "free-wheeling'-Georgia Overdrive !".. and you use the brakes a lot....the torque locker completely cut that mis-engineered trait --OUT ! ..at 180,000 miles on the odometer, it still has the brakes that were on it when I became second owner @112k miles...never smoked in....like new...
Am I ready to sell ? ....I doubt it ! ...I have my insur annual miles traveled document sitting here on my desk....the truck sit's indoors..and traveled since last Oct..til Oct 2014..a total of 332 miles...( once a month run around the neighborhood, to lube the bearings)..been in 4 wheel drive twice since I owned it..both times to maneuver on soft sand while parking the travel trailer !..like I said I cant bring myself to put it up for sale..but maybe in a couple months...? !
I am surprised it doesn't have a jake brake.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 10-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #82

I was going to go with the "jake-Brake" but the torque locker worked so well I havent needed a "jake"

As things seem to be --progressing--My Truck's, and the Big Assed Bike, may be for sale in a few months...just waiting to see how it all shakes-out !