Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthCentral Group

Old 07-14-2008, 04:39 PM   #1

Home at last

Ah, Finally a page for my area. I never quite felt right posting in other areas as they weren't exactly close to me.

I am in Sioux Falls, SD.

Thanks Trip!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #2

Home at last

Yes, this is great finally having a group that includes North Dakota. There aren't many of us up here, but it's great to be here!

Old 07-14-2008, 09:48 PM   #3

Home at last

Well, so far I have only been a member for a few short days; (a cyclists for most of my life -- an '04 Nomad owner) but have already realized some changes have occurred in the "regions" of of KawaNOW.

Quite frankly; it is nice to have had our "area" reduced somewhat. So far I have only noticed a couple people (2 to be exact -- hello to you in the Dakota's) to have taken an interest in this region. Hopefully, more will come around and we can get somewhat organized in sharing some experiences and insight from our region -- possibly some organized "rides" in various regions of our multi-state area.

I am from the furthest north region of Illinois in Roscoe, IL. (5 minutes to the Wisconsin border) but was originally from Central Illinois. (i.e., Pekin and Peoria area). I noticed one member from Pekin; and another from Peoria. How about hearing more from others in Illinois and Wisconsin?

Regarding members in our new region: we have been a bit under-represented from what I can see on the "boards" so far.

I don't know about the Dakota's; but I do know that the Northern sections of Illinois and the South-Western sections of Wisconsin are some of the best riding regions you could hope to find.

Maybe as more of "us" talk we can learn more about each other's areas.

So, keep the message exchanges going if you will. I know there are considerably more out there that can add to our region.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 07-15-2008, 09:18 PM   #4

Home at last

I'll be stopping in once in a while to see whats going on here, a lot of the N. Central region is a helluva lot closer to me than much of the SW, besides, you got the National.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #5

Home at last

Prairie,
Where did you get the map of the states? I see alot of members have them and have been meaning to ask someone.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-17-2008, 08:16 AM   #6

Home at last

OP-
Here is the site that you can get the states map from.

http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/

Fill in the states you've been to, then upload it to a site like Photobucket. The final step is linking it to your profile here, and you're all set!

Old 07-17-2008, 08:32 AM   #7

Home at last

Is photobucket a free site. Are there free sites? I dont do much with photos, that is the wife's area.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:22 AM   #8

Home at last

Ok so I am not much on working with pictures. Pretty sad considering I am a software engineer. I usually dont bother with things like that I just post in the forum. I got the image and uploaded to photobucket. WHere do I drop the link in my profile? I thought pasting the link into the signature section would do it but all I got was the link. Do you actually have to add the image to every post.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #9

Home at last

OP-
Go to this link: http://www.kawanow.org/forumfaq/footer.htm

It will explain how to get that map to show up. You've done it correctly with that address, you just need to add the letters IMG with brackets around it to the front and back of the address. That will make the actual map show up instead of the address.

PC

Old 07-18-2008, 09:25 AM   #10

Home at last

Got it. Thanks Ryan.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:33 PM   #11

Home at last

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP
Ah, Finally a page for my area. I never quite felt right posting in other areas as they weren't exactly close to me.

I am in Sioux Falls, SD.

Thanks Trip!!
I am 18 miles south of you in Lennox, SD

We need to get together for a ride.

Mike "Kioti" Gregg
Peripheral visionary, wanderer, vagabond, pilgrim, rambler, roamer, nomad

VBA #00380
VROC #11078
Lennox, SD *AMERICA by GOD*

2016 Kawasaki Vaquero
2009 Victory Vision - gone
2006 Kawasaki Nomad - gone
2002 Kawasaki 1500 Classic - gone

"A Bumble Bee is considerably faster than a Super H Farmall"

2009 Black Hills Rally
2018 Black Hills Rally

Old 07-28-2008, 09:38 AM   #12

Home at last

That would be great. I think my wife wants to go on the second chance poker run at the end of august. maybe we could meet then? I think she has our free time pretty well booked until then. We usually hit Lennox for July 4 every year. Best in the state IMO. I think even better than Rushmore. You guys know how to throw a party down there.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:31 PM   #13

Home at last

Did you two manage to get together yet ?

Old 09-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #14

Home at last

Nope. I am in Lennox every year for the fourth of July. You wanna talk about community spirit. The whole town comes out. They have to have people from all the surrounding towns come to watch the parade cause everyone from town is already in it, I swear.
Being in Lennox on the Fourth can refil your "America" bucket for the whole year. It is great.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #15

Home at last

I'll have to get up your way one of these first days.You are only about 3 hours away.