Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-29-2008, 02:29 PM   #1

Dealing with adults

Well, guys, it's getting close to one year for me in and around this and other forums. I've checked out at least 8 others, maybe more. For the most part, it's curiosity and a thirst for knowledge about the machinery, life style, riding locations, and of course, we all know what it is to share that bond and feeling that only riding can bring.

Anyway, this is the forum I settled on and adopted as "home", for obvious reasons. But aside from the fact that I own and love the Nomad I've made another discovery. In my quest, what I found striking about most other forums is the bad vibes and bad mouthing that goes on, and even passes for conversation. I don't find myself learning much, just feeling like I've been standing in the middle between 2 warring factions.

Now, my purpose here is not to blow smoke up anyones skirt, or to do an ours is better than theirs. I see enough of that elsewhere. Rather, I wish to express my graditude for having a place to go where I feel as though I'm dealing with adults.

Admittedly, some of the "adults" here are pretty damn funny and can show a bit of juvenile behavior. But even this is under control and Just damned entertaining. What has been your experience?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-29-2008, 02:35 PM   #2

Dealing with adults

Just shut the hell up! If we want your opinion we will ask for it. Damn guys like you sure piss me off.

just kidding man. I have said it before, this is the friendliest and most informative forum out there for Nomads.
When someone asks a question they get an answer,.......Eventualy
Sometimes things get off track but it is all in fun
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 10-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #3
Top Contributor

Dealing with adults

This is home for me. I'll talk to anyone infact I have a shirt that says " I'm not prejudice I hate everyone equally "

74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:14 PM   #4

Dealing with adults

It's been my experience here that everyone is friendly and unassuming, and downright willing to ride 300 miles just to help you with a relatively minor repair (I think they just want a reason to ride, as if they needed one).

Also, I find there is much mutual respect for others, and their opinions. I typically only follow a few threads, so I haven't wandered in the entire forum, but I can say without hesitation I would have no problems sitting around and drinking beer with any of these guys (or gals) I've met thus far.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:51 PM   #5
Advanced Member

Dealing with adults

What impressed me is when you ask a question, even though it has been asked 10 times before, nobody has been bashed & branded as stupid or worse. Patience is a.............

Everybody has been helpful & friendly.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #6

Dealing with adults

If you don't like it, find another home...oh, wait, you said you did like it....nevermind. lol

Nice place, lots of intelligence, not too much negativity. Makes for a nice forum. Plus, everyone plans to meet others at one time or another, so if it get's out of hand, expect an ass whoopin' in person. ;)

Old 10-29-2008, 04:52 PM   #7

Dealing with adults

I like tater tots and green jello!

2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 10-29-2008, 05:08 PM   #8
Top Contributor

Dealing with adults

we do have a law regarding pic size though,,,lol :-) joking.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #9

Dealing with adults

I've been a member of several MC specific websites over the years, and this one tops them all for quality of people and maturity. Folks here believe in having fun, but I've only extremely rarely seen dowright juvenile behavior here. :^)
Greatest buncha folks I've ever run across on this type of site!!

(O.K. Bro. Trip, you can send my gift card bribe to:
'Bro. Smokey
119 Dead End Avenue
Nowwheresville, USA)

Old 10-29-2008, 06:26 PM   #10

Dealing with adults

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc (Lonewolf)
we do have a law regarding pic size though,,,lol :-) joking.
Doc, just curious, are you talking about fish's sig pic?
Only reason I ask is it shows up huge on my screen.
Don't get upset Larry, I'm just askin'
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 10-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #11

Dealing with adults

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachA
I like tater tots and green jello!
Now, Coacha, is that with your beer, or with your ass whoopin? ???

Hey Doc, I told you I was electronicly challenged. Wore my helmet too tight when I was younger. :-[

Smokey, don't have your money, but see burkazoid, he's got beer. ;)

And TC, formikec has your ass whoopin, since he's handling my light work. :(" title="" border="0"/>

Now this is fun. One day I'm gonna have to ride with all of you. And as for the beer. Bryan's not that far away. GIG EM!

Old 10-29-2008, 06:35 PM   #12
Top Contributor

Dealing with adults

I have long been involved with Little League Baseball. As a volunteer umpire at the District level, I help as an instructor at our annual umpiring clinics and also administer the umpiring crews at our District tournaments.

This past summer, our District hosted the State Little League Tournament, of which I was the Umpire-in-Chief. I also had the great pleasure/honor of working the plate for the 2008 Washington State Championship Game. (BTW, the game was won by Mill Creek Little League, who went on to the US semi-finals of the Little League World Series, where they lost to eventual LLWS Champions Hawaii!)

Where the hell am I going with all of this you ask...??

Well....there are a lot of forums devoted to umpiring as you might imagine and let me tell you...the ones I have been involved with are rife with dissension, ridicule and bad-mouthing of the highest order. So much so that I have literally quit interacting with them.

You know how it is...a couple guys think they are "all that and then some..." and ridicule anyone who might have a differing opinion or ask what those boneheads deem to be a stupid question. This on a site dedicated to Little League umpiring mind you, where the majority of volunteer umpires are just dads willing to help out, not by any means seasoned pros...!

That said, I too appreciate the non-confrontational style of this forum and the great camaraderie and information to be found and shared here. I have only met one other person from this forum so far (BigJohn) but hope to meet many more in the future.

Trip has put together a great site and forum for us all to enjoy, not an easy task. If I ever get a chance to meet him in person, I will skip the beer and just pour him a shot of my favorite Tequila (more likely two or three)... ;)!

Cheers....Kris

VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 10-29-2008, 07:20 PM   #13

Dealing with adults

And here I always thought the rhyme was Three blind mice, now I find out it's six!! Just kidding.

I have seen how "blue" just can't win sometimes. There are no bad kids, just bad parents, some of whom while living vicariously through their offspring forget that it is all just a game, and intended to be for fun, with a side benefit of learning sportsmanship and life lessons like: "you can't win them all".

Thanks for contributing to the development of todays youth and tomorrow's leaders. Your investment will pay dividends for all of us.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:55 PM   #14

Dealing with adults

I ALSO agree this is a GREAT forum with GREAT people!! :)... The info I recieved on this forum was the turning point to buy my Nomad...EVEN before the buy I got TONs of info..and ALL my questions were answered,,even my dumb ones and I have alot of them ......I also visit a few forums.. Like them but this is a primary froum for me.. My Sabre Forum is alot like this ,, GREAT people and we have been getting together for 5 years...ALOT of us have changed bikes,, HDs,Nomads etc... HOPING to meet up with alot of you all over the years.............Rich

Old 10-29-2008, 08:29 PM   #15
Advanced Member

Dealing with adults

Great site and friendly people.