Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2008, 12:43 AM   #1

A big scare with the Nomad

Ok,

So, y'all are probably gonna laugh at this. My wife, bless her heart, decided she wanted to learn more about motorcycles, which is great, so what does she do? She decided to get her permit.....A little studying and off to the DMV......and bam, she has a permit which makes her legal to ride with limitations here in MN. Well, she passed with 100%! Of course I was proud and told her so then she asked "do you think I should start practicing on our bike".

Now, let me clarify something. My wife rode a moped for a little while in HS and has never ridden anything bigger than that or with a clutch and gears. She has also never ridden other than a bicycle that has 2 wheels for the last 20 years. My heart started to flutter.....turn her loose on an 800lb bike with gobs of torque? I don't think so........So the good news is I gently convinced her that perhaps the Nomad was not a good "starter bike"

Fortunately, she agreed and she was already signed up for the MSC this coming weekend. Talk about a close call..............

PS, I am being a good sport and taking the course with her because I know I don't know it all.

What's been your biggest scare?

Login or Register to Remove Ads