Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthWest Group

Old 04-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #1

one less Nomad on the road

Well I got to take my turn at feeling the pavement sliding beneath my leather covered body, and I must say that the pavement was much softer then I had anticipated. My wife and I are fine (very sore nothing broken) and my friend and his wife will recover from their broken wrist. My bike on the other hand didn't fair to well. It was a great day for a ride as we were riding the rose city 250 we were about 2 hours into our ride when we went down. I was lead bike and my friend was staggered formation 2nd in line. we came up to or next turn and as I slowed and turned on my signal, my buddy didn't see me do any of this and was going to go strait. All I saw was him next to me and his tires screeching as he locked up his brakes, but by then it was to late he was passing me and our mirrors hit as he went by. his hand or jacket caught my break lever and pulled my grip from my hand. causing me to lose control of my bike and drop us on the ground. the nomad let us off on the right side and as the guards hit the ground the bike flew out and away from me flipping onto its left side and top, yes it went tire side up. I believe the bike was upside down for a few yards. I don't know what the extent of the damage is as of yet, but I do believe it is very bad. :'( the whole left side and most of the right side as well as the top of the sissy bar and windshield has damage. my friends bike (a Vulcan 800 classic) did very well through it all not to much damage just the left side of his bike was damaged. we are all very sore but thankful to be alive.

Login or Register to Remove Ads