Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 05-05-2015, 12:27 PM   #1

Recommend non-prescription Canadian Pharmacy

Hey guys...I need to renew a prescription that is incredibly expensive here in the states. I could go to the doctor (again) and get a script (again) but thought I might take a short cut. Can anyone recommend a Canadian pharmacy that doesn't require a prescription that isn't a scam?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 1600CL. Originator 18" Harley wheel mod, Dobeck TFI, True Duals, Mutazu hardbags, Flanders handlebars n' a bunch more.
Sometimes I miss the good ol' days but most times I'm just glad I survived them

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-05-2015, 12:34 PM   #2

This is the one my wife and I used for a couple of her heavy hitter RX's. We were able to save hundreds of dollars over the U.S. cost. You will need a doctor signed prescription to do business with them. I would believe that would hold true with any of the legitimate pharmacies. Now Mexico is another story all together. Very few prescriptions needed.

http://www.thecanadianpharmacy.com/

https://www.medicinesmexico.com/

Last edited by OldSchool; 05-05-2015 at 12:45 PM.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:51 PM   #3
Mega-Contributor

Have you tried Algodones Mexico, Bill?
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 05-05-2015, 02:27 PM   #4

I did some reading on Mexico and found prescriptions are required there too. Its just a lot cheaper to buy them in Mexico. I have already made one non-script purchase from Canada and, although I was beginning to think I had been scammed, the script did arrive and it was the real thing. I can't remember which pharmacy it was though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 1600CL. Originator 18" Harley wheel mod, Dobeck TFI, True Duals, Mutazu hardbags, Flanders handlebars n' a bunch more.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:49 AM   #5

Hey Bill, i hope you have taken the possibility of getting stitched up with some dodgy drug's into account,it seem's like you are in with a good chance of getting some,here is just one of hundred's of report's on the subject. Good luck with the search for the right stuff. http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money...ugs/50690880/1

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-06-2015, 10:37 AM   #6
Mega-Contributor

Go see "Chuy" behind the Circle K on Main and Dobson. He can hook you up without a prescription. He only works nights. Here's a tip...don't ask any questions and he only deals in cash.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 05-07-2015, 01:09 PM   #7

^^^^
You know Chuy?!?! CJ, theres a side of you we don't know about!
Okay, lets forget about the whole thing. Sometimes I look for shortcuts when its just better to go the long way around.
I'll schedule an appointment with the Doc next week.

Old 05-07-2015, 01:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan Bill View Post
^^^^
You know Chuy?!?! CJ, theres a side of you we don't know about!
Okay, lets forget about the whole thing. Sometimes I look for shortcuts when its just better to go the long way around.
I'll schedule an appointment with the Doc next week.
Hey Bill,we have a national health service that we all pay into via our taxes,so no payment is needed for treatment,but we do pay £8.20 ($12.47) for a prescription,and that is usually for up to 3 month's supply,what is it going to cost you for what you need.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:52 PM   #9
Mega-Contributor

I have an ointment for my foot that would have cost me $2525 if I didn't have insurance. Just a little tube, lasts about 2-3 weeks. With insurance, it costs me $120.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Old 05-07-2015, 05:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
I have an ointment for my foot that would have cost me $2525 if I didn't have insurance. Just a little tube, lasts about 2-3 weeks. With insurance, it costs me $120.
You are kidding me ! how the hell can that be justified Jesus,they are taking the piss something silly there mate. I've heard a few people comment on some of the crap that us English put with,but that is unreal,why do you bloke's put up with that !

Old 05-07-2015, 06:52 PM   #11

I understand there is a cure for hepetitus C now if you can afford it. $1000 a pill taken daily for 12 weeks. Also, lot of scorpions here in Arizona but only one whos sting can be leathal and thats very rarely. The cost for the antidote varies depending on which hospital you go to but its not unual for them to charge several thousand dollars for it.
Its so rare someone dies from the sting, usualy the elderly with a weak heart, that your better off just toughing it out.

My insurance doesn't cover the meds I need. I'm at that age where I need an extra booster to get the missle of the launch pad ( if you know what I mean ). About $48 a pill here in the states but with a prescription I can order them from Canada for about $6 each.
Soooooo...I'm off to see the doc. You know what they say.."a happy spouse is a happy house".

Last edited by Vulcan Bill; 05-07-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:04 PM   #12
Top Contributor

My missile is going to stay on the launch pad if it is $48 to light the fuse :)

Old 05-07-2015, 08:59 PM   #13
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan Bill View Post
I understand there is a cure for hepetitus C now if you can afford it. $1000 a pill taken daily for 12 weeks. Also, lot of scorpions here in Arizona but only one whos sting can be leathal and thats very rarely. The cost for the antidote varies depending on which hospital you go to but its not unual for them to charge several thousand dollars for it.
Its so rare someone dies from the sting, usualy the elderly with a weak heart, that your better off just toughing it out.

My insurance doesn't cover the meds I need. I'm at that age where I need an extra booster to get the missle of the launch pad ( if you know what I mean ). About $48 a pill here in the states but with a prescription I can order them from Canada for about $6 each.
Soooooo...I'm off to see the doc. You know what they say.."a happy spouse is a happy house".
I heard the other day that the average cost for snakebite treatment is around $100,000. The antivenin is very expensive. It costs a fraction of that in Mexico. Thank you FDA.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Old 05-07-2015, 09:02 PM   #14
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
You are kidding me ! how the hell can that be justified Jesus,they are taking the piss something silly there mate. I've heard a few people comment on some of the crap that us English put with,but that is unreal,why do you bloke's put up with that !
Freaking ridiculous, isn't it? Here, the pharmaceuticals pass through many middlemen between the maker and the patient, and each one adds their rather handsome profit margin to the final price.

There's a pill I take for cholesterol called Januvia, a month's supply is around $500 retail. It costs me $60 through my insurance.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Old 05-08-2015, 03:54 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
My missile is going to stay on the launch pad if it is $48 to light the fuse :)
Next time you think about taking 'her indoor's' out for dinner, put the menu on the kitchen table alongside the fuse before you go to work,with a note saying,one or the other,your choice. When you come home you will know by the way she is dressed what sort of an evening you are going to have And it's only going to be a couple of time's a year at your age anyway you tight bastard