Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 05-07-2015, 03:24 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac View Post
You have a straight road there ?

Straight up maybe.....
There IS a straight road here... somewhere... down the South Island somewhere I think, Canterbury plains.

I heard about it once

This last riding season someone (I'm blaming one of the kids) unticked the "avoid unpaved roads" command in the Garmin.

I'll never forget that day's ride!

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-07-2015, 04:31 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg View Post
There IS a straight road here... somewhere... down the South Island somewhere I think, Canterbury plains.

I heard about it once

This last riding season someone (I'm blaming one of the kids) unticked the "avoid unpaved roads" command in the Garmin.

I'll never forget that day's ride!
I was driving around an island near you a while back,it's a bit bigger than your's, and it does have some straight road's,you might have heard of it ,they call it Australia. I drove from Townsville to Ayr on tarmac road's, then decided on a whim to visit Burdekin dam,it did'nt look no more than a couple of inches on the map,it soon turned into about 130m of dirt road with the kind of corrugation's that would shake an Arab off his boyfriend,and when i got there all i saw was a 50ft by 10ft concrete dam,and sod all else

Old 05-08-2015, 01:42 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
I was driving around an island near you a while back,it's a bit bigger than your's, and it does have some straight road's,you might have heard of it ,they call it Australia. I drove from Townsville to Ayr on tarmac road's, then decided on a whim to visit Burdekin dam,it did'nt look no more than a couple of inches on the map,it soon turned into about 130m of dirt road with the kind of corrugation's that would shake an Arab off his boyfriend,and when i got there all i saw was a 50ft by 10ft concrete dam,and sod all else
Ah... Straya. We refer to it as "West Island".

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Old 05-08-2015, 05:11 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg View Post
Ah... Straya. We refer to it as "West Island".
It's some island though,i drove around for 6 month's and still did'nt see all of it !