Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 05-20-2015, 02:26 AM   #46

Does anyone know if installing a BAK will void factory warranty?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-20-2015, 08:01 AM   #47
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD's DM Voyager View Post
Does anyone know if installing a BAK will void factory warranty?
It will Not void the warranty.

On the 1500, too much to list.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Power Commander 5 and Ivan-ized ECU
Chuckster's BAK
Aux Audio adapter with bluetooth receiver.
Mustang 2 up Touring Seat w/ driver and passenger backrest
Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.
Kawasaki 12 volt charger
Longer 1600 meanstreak SE kickstand
Full LED Daymaker light mod.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:31 PM   #48

Installed Chuckster's BAK the other day in literally a half hour. Simple install. Joe was great to deal with and quick shipping. Now running FP True Duals, Cobra Power Pro, and the new BAK. Should have done this a long time ago. What a difference in smooth operation and performance. It's like waking up the beast by letting it breathe. I don't really notice any additional noise, and love to hear the bike breathing air under heavy acceleration. Could not be happier!
VBA#02576

Old 06-13-2015, 10:09 AM   #49
Advanced Member

I will never go back to the stock airbox. I like the looks of the bike with the stock dogbowls. With the radio and pipes humming I really dont even hear the BAK anymore. It took me 2 days or so to get used to the change in sound. MPGs up and the bike definitely runs cooler.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Chuckster's BAK
Kawasaki 12 volt charger

Old 05-31-2016, 10:14 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Vega View Post
I really dont understand what people were whining about, its a damn 104 ci. V Twin
I've been wondering the same thing. If you want quiet drive a car or leave it stock.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-31-2016, 10:46 AM   #51

I would never go back either, but I just installed the Roaring Toyz intake which replaced the Chuckster stock dog bowl version and it's WAY louder. The air hammer sound at 2200 RPM is just crazy loud. That said, I'll get over it and turn the stereo up.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:38 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Chicken Blowout View Post
I would never go back either, but I just installed the Roaring Toyz intake which replaced the Chuckster stock dog bowl version and it's WAY louder. The air hammer sound at 2200 RPM is just crazy loud. That said, I'll get over it and turn the stereo up.
Have you noticed any increase in performance?

Old 05-31-2016, 11:44 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryd View Post
Have you noticed any increase in performance?
I can't say there is ANY increased performance I can sense after changing intakes from the Chuckster to the Roaring Toyz.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:52 AM   #54

I've got Chuckster's BAK coming on Thursday! I've got Ivanized ECU, throttle mod and Vance and Hines slip ons. Any tips from anyone on the install?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Grasshopper Backrest
8" Windvest windshield

Old 06-01-2016, 08:23 AM   #55

It's all pretty straight forward with good instructions on everything. Get ready to be amazed when you're done. The one thing I normally do with K&N filters is hit them with another coat of oil. Seems like they are pretty light from the factory. You may have difficulty with your air temp sensor at the top of the throttle body, some people have shorter wiring and on my Chuckster the hole was a little bit tight for lining up the sensor when mounting the plate back agains that throttle body, but I just gave it a good push to get it into place and nothing happened.

I don't know if you Ivan has already updated the base map for more fuel at the top end for people having intakes or not, but that would be your only concern. I'm running a PCV still because I was an early flash before Ivan came up with the flash for the open intake bikes.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:21 AM   #56

Quote:
It's all pretty straight forward with good instructions on everything. Get ready to be amazed when you're done. The one thing I normally do with K&N filters is hit them with another coat of oil. Seems like they are pretty light from the factory. You may have difficulty with your air temp sensor at the top of the throttle body, some people have shorter wiring and on my Chuckster the hole was a little bit tight for lining up the sensor when mounting the plate back agains that throttle body, but I just gave it a good push to get it into place and nothing happened.

I don't know if you Ivan has already updated the base map for more fuel at the top end for people having intakes or not, but that would be your only concern. I'm running a PCV still because I was an early flash before Ivan came up with the flash for the open intake bikes.
I put a K&N filter in the stock air box and when I pulled it apart to install the Thunder BAK there was a bit of red filter oil in the bottom of the air box, so I don't know about K&N going too light on the oil from the factory.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:20 AM   #57

Oil amounts

Quote:
It's all pretty straight forward with good instructions on everything. Get ready to be amazed when you're done. The one thing I normally do with K&N filters is hit them with another coat of oil. Seems like they are pretty light from the factory.
I 'm not sure of the Chucksters filter number anymore, but here is the K&N info. It's a small amount-like .59 oz?

Amount of Oil to Apply on a K&N Air Filter
If you still have your K&N Air Filter package:

Amount of oil needed for your filter is on the original air filter package.

If you know your K&N part number:

Enter the part number in the "K&N Part Number" box and select the "Search by Part" button on the search page. The page displayed will indicate the amount of oil your filter needs. Look for "Filter Re-Oiling Amount".

If you know the year, make, model, and engine size of the vehicle with the K&N air filter:

Old 06-03-2016, 10:17 PM   #58

Quote:

I installed the Chuckster's BAK today, it was easy peasy. No problem with the air temp sensor, it went right in.

I know some people have complained about pinging over 4000 RPM and that's when a ECU reflash may be needed. I only rode for a bit today. I did get on the Freeway and ran the RPM's over 4000 in both 5th and 6th and didn't hear anything. I believe Ivan said it depends on the bike if the pinging appears or not.
Grasshopper Backrest
8" Windvest windshield

Old 06-03-2016, 11:54 PM   #59
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randog View Post
I installed the Chuckster's BAK today, it was easy peasy. No problem with the air temp sensor, it went right in.

I know some people have complained about pinging over 4000 RPM and that's when a ECU reflash may be needed. I only rode for a bit today. I did get on the Freeway and ran the RPM's over 4000 in both 5th and 6th and didn't hear anything. I believe Ivan said it depends on the bike if the pinging appears or not.
The pinging was after the ECU flash. I fixed the issue with my Power Commander. Added a little more fuel top end. Ivan offered to reflash but wanted the original flash in case I ever revert the bike back to stock in order to sell. Which probably would not happen for years. Love my Vaq.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Chuckster's BAK
Kawasaki 12 volt charger