Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 06-10-2015, 09:18 AM   #16

You could probably get this 2010 Voyager for close to that price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-2...03cd37&vxp=mtr

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-10-2015, 10:23 AM   #17

Send a message via ICQ to MJ07Nomad
I think that for a 2000 that price is high. I was thinking about selling my 07 with more add on's then that bike with about 17K miles, for that price. A 15 year old bike no matter what you put on it is still 15 years old, I would say that bike is maybe $3200 tops. What did the insure company give you for your 1999? add $700 and that is what that 2000 is worth. From the photos it looks like a new stock seat, stock pipes, so the Intake and Fuel processor are more then likely set up to run aftermarket pipes which where taken off before trade in, a long with the aftermarket seat. just my 2 cents.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:14 PM   #18

Paid $3000 for my 06 in Feb. Bone stock and 63K miles, but still less than half that price...

Old 06-10-2015, 01:03 PM   #19

So i here u guys say 6500 is to much for this bike. What is a fair price. Its got brand new tires, bran new battery, the batwing fairing with satellite raido and gps up to date. Its got a hypercharger with power comander fuel processer. Coustom paint and it comes with all the original parts. What should i offer?

Old 06-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #20

Custom paint actually devalues bikes. If you ever talk to a Harley dealer about "custom paint" they hate it. I sold a 2004 that had way more stuff on it than this bike and less miles for $5700 last winter. I wouldn't pay over $4500 for it. You can get a fairing for $350 and do the stereo yourself for $200 or so. Fuel and intake can be had for $2-250.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-10-2015, 01:13 PM   #21

I stand corrected. Thanks MT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanJeff View Post
I was considering a 2001 Nomad. The tank bummed me out til I found out 2001 was the first year for the 5 gallon tank. I'm pretty sure that is what I read. Now I must verify

Old 06-10-2015, 08:07 PM   #22

Send a message via ICQ to MJ07Nomad
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE_GHOST View Post
So i here u guys say 6500 is to much for this bike. What is a fair price. Its got brand new tires, bran new battery, the batwing fairing with satellite raido and gps up to date. Its got a hypercharger with power comander fuel processer. Coustom paint and it comes with all the original parts. What should i offer?
$3200, $2900 for the bike and $300 for the fairing with radio, which is about 30% of new. The power comander fuel processor is not worth more then $75, and the hypercharger maybe $75 so if you want to go to $3350, but without aftermarket pipes they are just a waste of money. If you have to buy pipes you are looking at $400 plus then the fuel processor will have to be set for those pipes (if not already) and that is going to cost you too. On the new tires the bike should come with tires unless they are $500 tires they do not add much value too the bike, maybe $50. So total $3400. Oh, the custom paint adds nothing to the price it should be less, painting the fairing to match the factory paint job would have added value. I think this bike was not used much the PO had installed the aftermarket seat and pipes, fuel processor, intake had it running good then added the fairing, had the hole bike painted then said let me trade it in and get what I really want and took off the pipes, seat and whatever he could, he know that a custom painted fairing was not worth much and may have not had the factory windshield to replace it so he left that on. I feel that if you take that bike out for a ride you will see it running rich because the PO removed the aftermarket pipe and did not reset the fuel processor. I worked at a dealership buying used bikes and bikes would come in with all the goodies on them, we would offer low prices and tell the PO to remove what they used or could sell. Most times the aftermarket pipes, seats, luggage racks, etc would be removed by the PO. Only things that where hard wired like fuel processor, fairing with radios, lights, air intakes would stay on the bike because the PO would think they where not worth the trouble to remove, or they did not have the time or know how to remove them. We would then put the bikes on the floor at high prices and see, after a few weeks we would remove the aftermarket items and sell them on ebay. Leaving the bike stock or returning the bike to stock is the way most dealerships want to sell a used bike. Bikes with aftermarket parts never sell for that much more money but they are harder to sell. If you want a good deal on a used bike with add on's it is best to buy from a privet party where you can meet the person who installed the add on's and he can tell you how and why he installed them. Just my 2 cents...

Old 06-10-2015, 08:48 PM   #23
Mega-Contributor

If you want to spend $7000 on a bike, find one several years newer. If you have to have a model year 2000, see if they will let it go for no more than half of what they're asking. That's all it's worth.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 06-11-2015, 07:26 AM   #24

I just paid $4200 for a stock '05 1600 with 22,000 on it.
6500 is far too high for that bike.

Old 06-11-2015, 02:35 PM   #25

I know that book value of the bike is 3500 on a great day. And what ever bike i get i want it to have a batwing fairing whit speakers and gps/stero. I my self have been pricing those and your talking for a good set up 1300 or more. And thats not painted to match the bike. Then ive always wanted a hypercharger on a bike, well cause lets face it i think its cool and well ya it will make the bike sound like a beast. For one of those installed with a processor and rejeted and all set to go your talking probably another 800 to 1100. So your talking just for all of that easily spending the better part of 2500. And thats if the bike is in tip top shape. With it not needing even an oil change.
ive looked at sevral bikes 1000 or more and cant seem to find a newer modle with my fairing and my hypercharger all ready to go under 6500. I challenge u too. By all means send me what you find. I have been looking and i have yet to find what im looking for.

Old 06-11-2015, 03:23 PM   #26

I paid 7 ish out the door for a 07 1600 with 11k. 5500 was base price, everything else was license, title, tax, and 345 " prep fee". Has V&H duals, was not perfect ( somebody keyed the windshield, rt. mirror, and rt. bag. I don't care, it's a beast, and a used bike. Bought at H dealer where I bought my H, which is sitting and waiting for the dreaded cam chain tensioner repair. Meanwhile, I have a reliable ride.

Old 06-11-2015, 04:25 PM   #27

I spent 3500 on an 03 with 27k miles and lots of dodads, in the end something is worth whatever someone will pay for it.

Old 06-11-2015, 04:53 PM   #28

I had my fairing color matched. It cost 500.00. The fairing itself was 219.00 from eBay. The stereo is whatever you are prepared to throw in there.

There is no rejecting on FI bikes.

Here is a link to some info on the Hypercharger. You may change your mind on that and go with a Cadman. It's the 2nd post down.

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/fo...ercharger.html

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 06-11-2015, 07:51 PM   #29

Last night I was inspired by this debate to check the Reckless site for pricing. I think there is a sale going on right now of about $899 but off-sale price is about 1300 bucks. And that doesn't include the maps for the GPS. I didn't look around to find the price though.

I didn't book the bike itself. Your number of 3500 on a good day sounds about right based upon what I can remember researching a month or two ago before I bought my 05 1500 Classic. Tack on all the extras and their value and you just might have convinced yourself his asking price isn't too ridiculous You seem to be grounded in your justification. It seems to be the bike for you. Odds are you don't and won't have much competition for the bike. The majority of people who are Vulcan shopping are more likely to go for a deal much like many of the deals our forum brothers have gotten on the bikes they've mentioned. All that said, start some negotiation. Throw out an offer and feel him out. Take your time. Ain't nobody gonna be knocking his door down with $6500 in their fist. If you want it badly enough, get the ball rolling and determine how much it is going to cost you.

I'm curious, some of you who say the bike is worth a mere fraction of $6500, how many of you would be willing to see it for that mere fraction if you were the owner of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE_GHOST View Post
I know that book value of the bike is 3500 on a great day. And what ever bike i get i want it to have a batwing fairing whit speakers and gps/stero. I my self have been pricing those and your talking for a good set up 1300 or more. And thats not painted to match the bike. Then ive always wanted a hypercharger on a bike, well cause lets face it i think its cool and well ya it will make the bike sound like a beast. For one of those installed with a processor and rejeted and all set to go your talking probably another 800 to 1100. So your talking just for all of that easily spending the better part of 2500. And thats if the bike is in tip top shape. With it not needing even an oil change.
ive looked at sevral bikes 1000 or more and cant seem to find a newer modle with my fairing and my hypercharger all ready to go under 6500. I challenge u too. By all means send me what you find. I have been looking and i have yet to find what im looking for.

Old 06-11-2015, 08:17 PM   #30

Send the guy this link of all of us bashing his price and offer him $3500! Haha