Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-25-2016, 11:17 AM   #181

Sent Ivan my ECU yesterday for the reflash. It is in NY now waiting to be delivered to him. If all works out I'll have it back tomorrow and hopefully be smiling by tomorrow night. Ray I'll have to come to the shop so you can check out how the bike rides after I do.

2012 Vaquero
1700 Nomad
(Deceased)
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Racnrays Invention (Throttle Mod)
Ivan's flash
Thunder Tornado Big Air Kit

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-25-2016, 01:23 PM   #182

This is more of a question for Ivan. With the ECU reflash...is there any reason to need the aftermarket fuel controllers?

Obviously if you want to do custom mapping. So the real question is any custom mapping necessary after it?

I have the Thunder Manufacturing intake, with Vance and Hines slip-on exhaust, and Ray's throttle mod. If I have the ECU flashed will I still need or want the PCV?

2014 Vulcan 1700 Wind Therapy "Vaqueroger" Vaquero ABS - KlockWerks 9" shield, RacynRay ISO Grips, Luverne Kawi Lowering Kit; Vance & Hines Exhaust; Thunder Mfg intake; Ivan's ECU Flash; Mustang Wide Touring Saddle; XM/iPod adapters; Voyager trunk on Wompass Rack; Randy's 6.5" adapters; Rockford Fosgate amp; Polk Audio speakers; custom painted by Kevin Norton.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:34 PM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptKurt View Post
This is more of a question for Ivan. With the ECU reflash...is there any reason to need the aftermarket fuel controllers?

Obviously if you want to do custom mapping. So the real question is any custom mapping necessary after it?

I have the Thunder Manufacturing intake, with Vance and Hines slip-on exhaust, and Ray's throttle mod. If I have the ECU flashed will I still need or want the PCV?
According to past posts that Ivan has answered no you don't need a fuel controller. But, if you want or have the need to install one to fine tune your motor beyond the 90-95% mark you can put in a PCV. It appears that none of the people that have had the reflash done so far don't require the addition of a fuel controller.

2012 Vaquero
1700 Nomad
(Deceased)
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Ivan's flash

Old 03-25-2016, 03:20 PM   #184

I received my ECU today I went riding for about 40 miles it is awesome everything that you have read in these posts about the ECU is 100% correct. I get better MPG's I have a set of cobra 4 inch billet tips and now it's sounds deeper throatier. Everything else on my bike is stock and I don't feel like I need anything else. I am very please with the ECU. Thanks Ivan.

Old 03-25-2016, 04:12 PM   #185
Advanced Member

Right on Tcasa...you are yet another example of proof that the flash takes care of everything and the need to waste money on a fuel/air processor is like throwing $$ into a big hole in the ground. I wish I hadn't blown money on a couple of them had I known about going to the ecu but had no idea who did this until Ivan came along. He is the cure-all "Dr. bike health" go to man.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-25-2016, 07:23 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcasa01 View Post
I received my ECU today I went riding for about 40 miles it is awesome everything that you have read in these posts about the ECU is 100% correct. I get better MPG's I have a set of cobra 4 inch billet tips and now it's sounds deeper throatier. Everything else on my bike is stock and I don't feel like I need anything else. I am very please with the ECU. Thanks Ivan.
I see you found your pipes somewhere :) Where did you get them and do you like them? Getting mine this week. Ivan may have to wait for me as, like everyone says, I'm gonna need new rubber soon.

Old 03-26-2016, 01:09 AM   #187

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erilflynn View Post
I see you found your pipes somewhere :) Where did you get them and do you like them? Getting mine this week. Ivan may have to wait for me as, like everyone says, I'm gonna need new rubber soon.
I got my Cobras from my dealer. They do have a 02 sensor not that I need it anymore. I got them for $539.00 delivered. When I first put them on I was a little disappointed with the popping sound the sound wasn't right. But after I got my ECU back wow it sounds 100% better deeper stronger smoother. You will not be disappointed when you get your ECU done.

Old 03-26-2016, 05:57 AM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcasa01 View Post
I got my Cobras from my dealer. They do have a 02 sensor not that I need it anymore. I got them for $539.00 delivered. When I first put them on I was a little disappointed with the popping sound the sound wasn't right. But after I got my ECU back wow it sounds 100% better deeper stronger smoother. You will not be disappointed when you get your ECU done.
I'll probably do the marble trick until I can get my ECU to Ivan's and see how she is.
2002 Honda 750 A.C.E. (gone)
SCRC 2nd Officer Central Jersey Chapter

Old 03-26-2016, 07:15 AM   #189

For those of you who have had the ECU done. If you had your valve marbled, did you keep it that way or did you take it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erilflynn View Post
I'll probably do the marble trick until I can get my ECU to Ivan's and see how she is.

2012 Vaquero
Ray's throttle mod
K&N filter
Thunder gasket
Ivan's ECU
Mustang seat
Vance & Hines Slip Ons
VBA#02709

Old 03-26-2016, 08:35 AM   #190

Greetings,
The ECU is back. Went out on Monday, had it back on Friday. Only a couple of quick runs. Hope to get the real ride in this weekend.
Good question, on the marbling. I may leave it there, unless there is a compelling reason to remove it...

Ride safe,
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115

Old 03-26-2016, 09:36 AM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokier View Post
Greetings,
The ECU is back. Went out on Monday, had it back on Friday. Only a couple of quick runs. Hope to get the real ride in this weekend.
Good question, on the marbling. I may leave it there, unless there is a compelling reason to remove it...

Ride safe,
Smokier
It doesn't make a difference whether you leave it or not. He shuts that off as part of the reflash.

2012 Vaquero
1700 Nomad
(Deceased)
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Ivan's flash

Old 03-26-2016, 11:34 AM   #192
Advanced Member

Right...he shuts off the switch air valves but I have a plug in mine, and will leave it in. The bike runs great with it like that.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 03-26-2016, 11:49 AM   #193

My ECU is on it's way! ETA to Ivan's Wednesday 3/30

Old 03-26-2016, 03:53 PM   #194

Well, just got back from a 100 mile ride, and all I can say is WOW!! What a difference, runs so much smoother and not one single pop on decel. If anyone is on the fence about doing the flash, Do it!! Best money I have spent on this bike yet.

Old 03-26-2016, 05:13 PM   #195
Advanced Member

There ya have it....yet another witness to the "fix-all" solution for the engine quirks of the Vulcan 1700. Ivan's software hits it right on the mark. The fact that Ivan set up his membership here on the forum and offered us his services has come as a blessing for all 1700 owners. If not for this my frustrations would be condescending into oblivion. As Tin Star said, leap over the fence and get it done.