Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > Western Canada/Northwest Regional Rally for 2012 - "Canadian Rockies Rally"
July 17-19

Old 07-30-2012, 11:09 PM   #31

I am glad my good buddies Rick and Kris had my back............NOT
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #32

As usual I am late in responding. Bourke and I stayed at the cottage one more day in hopes of seeing the hydroplane races on Lake Osoyoos. Speaking with Connie the night before she said the Veranda Beach newsletter said they were August 12 so we did not go into town. As usual (?) VB newsletter wrong and we missed them. In any event, had a great ride home over Steven's pass stopping in Leavenworth for lunch and the famouse candy store just outsider Leavenworth. Worked a couple of days and headed back to the cottage (via car) with two other dads and five boys to play paintball. 4,000 balls later, a few bruises, and many stories. My buddy did the maiden voyage of his 10' hydroplane. Mine will be ready in a couple of months (hopefully). Cheers everybody and watch out for those deer. Steve "Mustang Man" aka "stcokyza" (working on getting that changed).

Old 07-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #33
Advanced Member

We're back home in Ontario now, great ride, great rally, good time all around. 16 days on the road, 9300 kms.

Garry

2009 1700 Voyager KACT, sold at 679,465 kms
2011 1700 Nomad
Improve handling, suspension and tire life
with Garry's Fork Brace.
PM for details.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #34
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netnorske View Post
All I know is I won the quick release knobs for the saddlebags..... Damn....I hope they work on a 2012 Voyager....!

Ha ha ha ha ha !!! they won't... at least I don't think so.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 08-01-2012, 11:52 PM   #35

Waving My First Rally !!

Thanks so much to all of you !! I stopped by the Motel to shake some hands after the last ride up from Kananaskis, once Karen was looked after .. (she had to stop by the road for a breather as she was exhausted by the buffeting she got on her Honda) . Anyway, all the bikes were parked by closed doors and pulled blinds. I think you were all as tired as we were, and could hardly wait for a shower and a snooze... so I'll say my byes on the forum.
What a great bunch of folks .. what an excellent rally tour! The dinner was super, and I did hear some grumbling about the rookies winning so many prizes! Sorry guys .. it was just my lucky day I guess. I picked up my jack adapter today .. thanks Bud !!
Rick and Kris .. you put together an awesome get together, we were both very happy with the Rally, and look forward to the next one, and meeting with you fine folk again.
Al and Karen

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-03-2012, 03:19 AM   #36
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by a340driver View Post
Thanks so much to all of you !! I stopped by the Motel to shake some hands after the last ride up from Kananaskis, once Karen was looked after .. (she had to stop by the road for a breather as she was exhausted by the buffeting she got on her Honda) . Anyway, all the bikes were parked by closed doors and pulled blinds. I think you were all as tired as we were, and could hardly wait for a shower and a snooze... so I'll say my byes on the forum.
What a great bunch of folks .. what an excellent rally tour! The dinner was super, and I did hear some grumbling about the rookies winning so many prizes! Sorry guys .. it was just my lucky day I guess. I picked up my jack adapter today .. thanks Bud !!
Rick and Kris .. you put together an awesome get together, we were both very happy with the Rally, and look forward to the next one, and meeting with you fine folk again.
Al and Karen
Hey Al and Karen
Glad you had a good time. I'm real glad I turned around to meet you in the Chevron in langley that day !! Lets make sure we get out for a ride together before the summer is done. We could do the Oyster Run in the fall.
Stay in touch.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png