Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 06-06-2016, 10:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrider View Post
Welcome aboard from out West in Alberta.

I've read that those steering head bearings can be a b1tch to get out. Here's a good thread on it, plus if you search you can find quite a few others.

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/s...hlight=bearing
Yeah I was looking at it again yesterday and not only is race pretty near flush with the seat, the whole thing is inset from the main body of the cylinder making it even worse. I've read a bunch of threads on this, but I hadn't seen this one. I might give that a go. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMikey View Post
I've seen a technique where you take a piece of pipe that will just fit thru the stem, cut four equally spaced slices down along the length of the pipe 3"± long or so.
Open the pipe up so it will expand to the inside of the neck snug all around so when you put it in the neck, it will expand evenly against the small lip of the race.....Mike
Yeah that way sounded promising at first, but there isn't even a small lip on one side of mine, it seems. One side feels very nearly flush, and the other side feels like very very little. I wonder how they make the tool flare out like that, though.

Thanks again for the welcome everyone. This is my help thread if anyone is able to help, that'd be great.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-07-2016, 01:49 AM   #17

I've got the tig gear if you can get it here......Mike

Old 06-07-2016, 07:14 PM   #18

Hey that's great, thank you. I don't know if I could get it anywhere though. I would have to take the engine out since I don't have any sort of hoists or means of getting it into the trailer as it sits. Then again I'm probably 80% of the way there at this point. Can't be that much more to get it out.

I am looking for someone to TIG weld the V&H rear header for me, though. Email me on my profile there if you wanna talk about it.