Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-06-2009, 04:51 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to ruruson1
Bikes, Blues, & BBQ

Last weekend was B, B, & BBQ in Fayetteville, AR. Located in north west Arkansas. This was my third year going. It is a very close rally for me. As far as numbers this year I don't know but it seemed it was not as crowded this year as years past. Last year was 350,000 people and it has grown every year. For those of you who have never been its a great rally with alot of family environment. NO nudity and very little trouble. The local LEO keep the trouble to a minimum yet allow everyone to have fun. This year I heard they only wrote 2 DWI's. One of which I know and he was being a jacka$$. I have taken my 12 year old daughter to this rally and she loves it. Every bike vender was ther giving demo rides to include, Harley, Kawasaki, and the three wheel bikes ( the one with the axle in the front), and star motorcycle, and many vendors. I did not see Kuryakan there this year but it was the first year they were not present. Not sure why. Normally they end up with half of my paycheck so it was a good thing. I highly recommend this rally to everyone. But make your reservations early, like spring. Theres alot of great riding through the ozark mountains and your only 45 min form Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Put this on your calender for next year. Its always at the end of September so the weather changes every year. This year overcast, last year hot, and the year before I thought is was going to snow but still a wonderful time. This rally is also nonprofit with all the proceeds going to local charitys and the needy.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-06-2009, 07:42 AM   #2

Bikes, Blues, & BBQ

It sounds like a good time, thats a little far for me to travel, but there are a couple places within riding distance that I try to make when I can.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 10-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #3

Bikes, Blues, & BBQ

I haven't been to this rally, but the trip there is well worth it. If you're coming from the south, hit Highway 7 going north - the infamous Pig Trail. And bring your "A" game.. there's not a straight road in Northern Arkansas.

"Taranis" and the Lovely Ann
KawaNOW Oldschool #885
His: 2006 Nomad
Hers: 2008 VN900 Classic LT

Old 10-06-2009, 06:19 PM   #4

Bikes, Blues, & BBQ

We went the year it was so cold. I almost froze to death but had a good time at the rally. I think that's why I avoid long rides in September and later. It may be 80 degrees when I leave but usually turns cold and will probably rain too.
Zoom45

Bobby Risher
Terry, MS
Kawanow member # 124
South Central Group
2000 Nomad 1500 (carbed) 128,000 miles