Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > National Rally 2011 - Maggie Valley, NC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
Top Contributor

2011 Nomads In The Valley Rally Base Hotel

OK everyone holding their breath...

MAGGIE VALLEY IT IS

I have a preliminary agreement and rooms blocked at the Maggie Valley Inn http://www.maggievalleyhotel.com/index-html.html as the base headquarters for the 2011 Rally.

I will be visiting the facility soon to sign an agreement and to finalize everything and will let you know when you can begin to make reservations. The rate will be $69/night plus tax and are blocked for checkin 6/13 through checkout 6/17. I will try to arrange a few rooms the day before and the day after also.

There are campgrounds close for those that wish to camp and several smaller hotels in the area if we overrun the availability of the base hotel. Some of the campers on another thread have located http://www.hillbillycampground.com./ . It is about 2.5 miles away and allows tent camping.

I will start a poll to see if we can get a number of those attending and their planned accomodations to make sure my block is large enough. I have some room to add on if needed.

This facility has onsite dining, a lounge, a pool with a tiki-bar and TV's outside for after the riding is over for the day. No need to ride after the celebration of the day begins. There is some covered parking, wash area, cleaning/drying rags will be provided. They also have a large parking area to hang out and to organize rides out of.

The main downtown strip in Maggie Valley is about 2 miles away.

From Maggie Valley:

- Access to the Blue Ridge Parkway is within about 15 minutes
- Deals Gap is a little over an hour
- Mt. Mitchell (highest peak east of the Mississippi)is about 1hr 45 minutes
- tons of some of the countries best riding roads.

Will be planning the rides as we get closer.

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Login or Register to Remove Ads