Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Australian Group

Old 03-27-2009, 04:59 AM   #1
Advanced Member

getting to ride the new nomad and voyager

today whilst doing some buisiness in shepparton i decided to drop in to the kawasaki dealer for a quick look. after chatting to the young sales guy and mentioning that i had a nomad he let slip that they were getting the entire 09 range of cruisers including the nomad and voyager for a ride day..... yay.... i love ride days. i gave a quick cry of sign me up for a ride of everything before even finding out when it was on.

so if anyone is interested its all at shepparton kawasaki ph 0358314800 it starts at 9.00am on sat 18th of april.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-04-2009, 06:11 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to aj

Jamie, a couple of pics and a ride report would be great, I'm interested in the Voyager!!

Old 04-05-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
Advanced Member

yeah im really looking forwart to riding them,they are sure to be a step up from the old mistress thats for sure.

btw, great to see you back aj...

Old 04-06-2009, 01:03 AM   #4

I sat on one up in Penrith the other week it was the official colour we are getting here this year Silver & Black very impressive machine I still like the Nomad though.
I believe the new Nomad will be available in black for Australia.Both bikes will be available in late April.I ahve already booked a ride on the Voyager & the Nomad.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:58 AM   #5
Advanced Member

which color were you after glen? i assumed a black one would already be on order.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #6

Notr sure mate although I love black bikes I don't mind the silver& black Voyager I just can't make up my mind as to Voyager or another Nad,I will wait till I ride them both then make my choice but honestly the Nomad is looking good at this stage.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:30 AM   #7
Advanced Member

im glad im not in your position glenn, i cant afford either of them so it makes it an easy choice for me. im affraid that when i ride the new ones that i will have to buy one, even if the bank was simpathetic i know the wife wont be.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:06 AM   #8
Advanced Member

well old big mouth wont be riding the nomad and voyager afterall. i rang the dealer only to be told that the only cruiser now coming is the 900. boy what a letdown.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:47 AM   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to aj

Thats a real pain Jamie, maybe worth a trip to the big smoke for a shot!

Old 04-19-2009, 04:43 AM   #10
Advanced Member

yeah i think i might have to aj, they thought they were going to be able to have them but the rep from kawa pulled the pin on it as due to the weight and size of them too many people drop them in the carparks. the shop had a new classic in the showroom but wouldnt let anyone have a ride. the classic looked real nice and was similar in color to your bike in color aj. there are a few bits on it that would look great on our older nomads though

went on another ride today, we must have been riding pretty hard as i had to use reserve after only 150ks... i had a spare jerry can in the pannier but had to share it with a harley road king that was with us. even with that we only just made it home. its amazing, we stopped at 5 pubs but couldnt find one open servo.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:34 PM   #11

I was talking to my dealer here and he will have the new voyager & Nomad in early May and is cool to let people ride them so you might have to come down for a weekend and have a ride.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:50 AM   #12
Advanced Member

on my must to do list glen, it would be great to all meet up and suss them out. im sure we could all have a ride, consider the pros and cons of each and then order one on your behalf.. that way you wouldnt have to go through the stress of test riding...... im sure wayne aj and myself could nearly supply this service for free to another fellow member. after sitting on the new classic the new bikes seem to be a bit lighter, however the centre of gravity seem to feel higher. make it a lot different to pick up than the nomad.

one thine i noticed on the ride day was how good the old nomad really is. after a day of riding all those new bikes there was not one that felt as good as the nomad, there was no temptation to even consider any of the bikes i rode. the nomad may be 10 yrs old but she still can hold her head high.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:02 PM   #13

I sat on the new Voyager at the AGM in Penrith and the seating position was very comfortable and it seemed to feel lighter than my Nomad but that's most likely because I have so much chrome on it.
The other thing with the Voyager there is not a lot left to improve on so personalizing it would be a lot cheaper than what I have put on my Nomad.Although I am sure I could find plenty of bling to add to it,.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:24 AM   #14
Advanced Member

so a chrome plated fuel tank will be on the cards glen? they can chrome plate anything now. just get the bike dipped in the stuff and add black paint where needed. it might save a lot of money that way.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:04 AM   #15

My local dealer will have the Voyager in the shop on Wednesday next week.
Guess where I will be on Wednesday afternoon.