Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Australian Group

Old 04-06-2009, 01:35 AM   #16

Hey AJ

hey" DAD "good to see your back, looking forward to the ride after rabbit season Uncle Glens hanging for a ride down here, have you heard from the hired help lately ? they must be back soon.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #17

Hey AJ

Sounds like a good ride AJ let us know when you have checked it out.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:20 AM   #18

Send a message via Skype™ to aj
Hey AJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgash
hey" DAD "good to see your back, looking forward to the ride after rabbit season Uncle Glens hanging for a ride down here, have you heard from the hired help lately ? they must be back soon.
Hiya Wayne, they're back on the 10th May. Yep , we miss em.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:45 AM   #19

Hey AJ

yeah it must be hard having to make your own coffee all the time, not to mention buying your own newspaper if your after something to do on sat morn's theres a ullysseys member who's got a small shop in lang lang where you can get some breaky/coffee a few of the members get there between 9&11 for a chinwag friendly mob, just joined myself ,you can bring your child bride there's usualy other felines there as well to chat to, its a nice little ride up and back

Old 04-09-2009, 02:04 AM   #20

Hey AJ

Welcolm to the Ulysses Wayne how about coming over to our kick one Saturday morning with your group and we can do the same to your group one day.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #21

Hey AJ

hey glen, sounds like a plan l'll meet a few of them on saturday and see what we can come up with, l met a bloke from Toora the other day where l used to live and he's opened up a sort of bike/car memorabilia cafe, l'll ride up there on Saturday aswell and check it out it would be about an hour and half solid ride from dandenong but he can cater from morning teas to private functions so l think it might be worth a look, and the south gippie hwy's a good little road to putt along

Old 04-09-2009, 07:47 PM   #22
Advanced Member

Hey AJ

i love the sound of that wayne, i come from near toora and would love to go and have a look there again. thats if you guys allow a young pup to tag along.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:53 AM   #23

Hey AJ

Sounds like a good idea Wayne lets get something going.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:47 AM   #24

Hey AJ

hey fellers, what area did you come from jamie ? l lived in port welshpool for couple of years then bought a house in toora while l worked on the oil riggs ,then drove milk tankers there for a few years, nice area but l don't think l could live there again,...l'v just worked out where you got you name now (madcow) l seen a few of those in that place grrooaan l'v just worked out how long ago 26 yrs !!! all of a sudden l feel so old :'( and l think l'v turned into the bloke my parents warned me about...life's harsh...anyhoo a blast on the nad should give me the fix l need

Old 04-10-2009, 04:55 AM   #25
Advanced Member

Hey AJ

i came from binginwarri, and went to school in yarram, we had a farm on wonyip hill and another leasd property on tap tap rd, you might have even picked up our milk as we supplied the unigate factory in toora. dad also worked on the rigs for a while, but im not sure which one he was on. i have never cone back there since moving away, but would love to go back to have a look. no i wouldnt live there again either, its a s*@t hole compared to up here.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:08 AM   #26

Hey AJ

yep l drove for unigate, l started on the snapper rigg and worked on the following five until the end, it would be good to speak to your dad because just about everyone l worked with there are now dead, l got a bit paranoid about it for awhile , seemed like l was going to someones funeral every six months but l was only 18 when l started and a lot of them a bit older..talk about small world, l hav'nt been back since l left either , so l'll find out tomorrow what its like

Old 04-10-2009, 05:14 AM   #27
Advanced Member

Hey AJ

in case you are good with names, my dads name is milton hitchins, he is easily recognised as he has a bad speech imparement that makes him hard to understand. it dosent stop him loving a chat though.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:28 AM   #28

Hey AJ

the name dos'nt ring a bell, but l'm useless remembering them l'd probably reconise his face though, having a speach prob down there was nothing ,there was some pretty hard core nutters working there from all over the globe, l think about 300 during the peak,it was one of those never do again jobs, l remember driving around in the floods near binginwarry behind yarram in the tanker with flood water over the headlights at night...had the heart going for awhile :)

Old 04-10-2009, 05:39 AM   #29
Advanced Member

Hey AJ

yeah i remember doing the same in a school bus, especially that little bridge across billy creek, you wouldnt be able to do that these days. it didnt take much for the creeks to flood.
that area is full of nutters but i think most of it is due to birth defects.... its hard when your mums your sister and your dads your uncle........... its all strange up in those hills

Old 04-10-2009, 09:16 AM   #30

Hey AJ

ha ha, you realize if any of the locals there are reading this we're deadmen