Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-11-2014, 07:58 PM   #46

178 miles from my front door. I think I can make it

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-12-2014, 03:30 AM   #47
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
I know you're disappointed with the location, but you live in the far north west . Most events are going to require a couple days of travel for you. Hosting a national event, especially a combined national event, in the far north west wouldn't make since as the majority of our members live south. Last year we had several people travel around 2000 miles to get to Estes.
I think I posted my feelings already [ see below ] ......and NOT ONCE ! have I said that a "combined", or otherwise, "national event" should be held in the "far north west" !!! Trust me I know where I live !!! and that it's going to require a couple of days travel { MORE } for me. Have you missed my point ? Of course THAT wouldn't make sense. How about a little credit !! But I feel all regions should be considered when choosing a point for such an event. Not.... more guys/members live in "this area" so the rally should be there, so it'll be close to them.
Look at a map and find a geographically fair distance for everyone. At least once in a while,... every other yr.. .........And before some suggests that if they did THAT, the National would be in the same place every other yr. give your head a shake. That;s not what I'm suggesting. Sure I'll do my best to attend....regardless of the distance..... and.....
I know that because I'm retired I have nothing but time in some peoples eyes,....but that ain't always the case...... I didn't start out making this all about "rickyboy"..... this was about how it might play a part for all Canadian and US members that find themselves too far away,... retired guys,..... with maybe ltd. time in their schedule,....that want to be a part in what could/will be an awesome event. .....500 combined attendees ?? Fantastic ! Much how I felt about our 1st. National when I think,... we had 50 bikes show up.
I truly will do my best to be there in 2015. Just like I wtd. to be in N.C. for the last National.
Because some people { maybe the same ones} had to take a pass doesn't mean they didn't care less to be there. So to say something similar to "If you want to be there you will be" isn't fair in the least. And I'm taking the lead here to speak on behalf of those that honestly just couldn't be at past rallies, national or regional,... but really wtd. to be.

Thanks for listening to my rant !!! I'm going to go do something more important now. Thx for your time.

"Well the 2015 National rally has been announced. Eureka Springs AK. USA. It's suppose to be a great place to ride and I'm sure if you're looking for a little culture shock it won't disappoint. ......I'd love to attend but I think it might be too far for me, but you never know till you know, ....and I won't decide for sure for a while. I posted the distances for the major cities of Canada on Face Book.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

2200 Miles from Vancouver !!!,....
1780 from Calgary,
Edmt AB 1870 Miles,....
closer for Winnipeg only 1,046....
1050 for T.O. ,
1380 for Montreal Quebec boys.....
2260 Miles for me from 108 Mile House

What say you Canadian guys?? Any chance some of you might consider it?"

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 07-12-2014, 10:25 AM   #48

Nope!

Old 07-12-2014, 10:27 AM   #49

Ricky, have a snickers bar. Your not you when your hungrey.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 07-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy View Post
Look at a map and find a geographically fair distance for everyone. At least once in a while,... every other yr

"Well the 2015 National rally has been announced. Eureka Springs AK. USA. It's suppose to be a great place to ride and I'm sure if you're looking for a little culture shock it won't disappoint.
It seems to me that Eureka Springs, AR. is fairly centrally located. Certainly more than the past National Rallies.
But I suppose somewhere in Nebraska would be more fair.

With the selection of Eureka Springs, the North Central, South East, South West and South Central regions will have hosted a National Rally.

Not sure what you mean about culture shock. But I think everyone will find Arkansas a great place to visit.

Dave Jesse
2012 1700 Gray/Black Voyager
2006 1600 Nomad Green/Silver Sold
VBA #1108

2010- Eureka Springs - Antlers - 2011- Maggie Valley - Antlers
2012- Margaritaville Ride - Van Buren - Antlers - 2013- Estes Park - Antlers
2014- Mountain View - Antlers - 2015- Eureka Springs - Antlers
2016- Salem - Antlers - 2017- Eureka Springs - Lake George - Antlers - 2018- Custer - Antlers

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #51
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
Ricky, have a snickers bar. Your not you when your hungrey.
Norm I hear you.....and you're probably right. I just thought I was being misunderstood, unfairly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
It seems to me that Eureka Springs, AR. is fairly centrally located. Certainly more than the past National Rallies.
But I suppose somewhere in Nebraska would be more fair.

With the selection of Eureka Springs, the North Central, South East, South West and South Central regions will have hosted a National Rally.

Not sure what you mean about culture shock. But I think everyone will find Arkansas a great place to visit.
Budman,....No offense intended when I said there might be a "little culture shock".
I have nothing to base it on other than what I have seen and heard on TV. Things are a bit different [ I find ] even just over the border. I find thatthe further you go south the more different language, food, and things we take for granted become. I've traveled a lot in Europe, Africa and see the "culture shock" or differences as a good thing and enjoy them. Sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 07-12-2014, 11:38 AM   #52
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Those that live out west near the Hawaiian Islands will never have a National unless we do it ourselves. How about next year we combine the Northwest and Southwest Hawaii regions again and go to Lake Tahoe?

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 07-12-2014, 11:56 AM   #53
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
Those that live out west near the Hawaiian Islands will never have a National unless we do it ourselves. How about next year we combine the Northwest and Southwest Hawaii regions again and go to Lake Tahoe?
Can the Western Canada Region come too ????

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 07-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #54
Mega-Contributor

Ricky, I don't think you will find people that are any nicer or will show you any better hospitality than you'll find in Arkansas and the surrounding area. I have been to two rallies in the SC region and they are truly some of the nicest and most gracious people I have met. The rally will be a great time for all.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 07-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #55

I do not know why anyone goes to the trouble to put together a rally given all the BS and complaints they receive when trying to do so.

Most of the complaints are self-centered BS and without consideration of the majority of those can or want to attend; not to mention one comment about the "culture" they will experience at this rally. Really not a cool comment, no matter the attempt to explain it away. Geez...

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 07-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #56

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy View Post
Norm I hear you.....and you're probably right. I just thought I was being misunderstood, unfairly.

Budman,....No offense intended when I said there might be a "little culture shock".
I have nothing to base it on other than what I have seen and heard on TV. Things are a bit different [ I find ] even just over the border. I find thatthe further you go south the more different language, food, and things we take for granted become. I've traveled a lot in Europe, Africa and see the "culture shock" or differences as a good thing and enjoy them. Sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to.
Hey Rick, Budmad got some HIGH VOLTAGE culture shock in Key West Florida, so nothing (can) upsets him anymore.

To me, the rally starts after we've saddled up (for some reason I HATE to pack and unpack) until we pull back into the driveway, and the farther away the better. I can't wait for the year when we announce a rally in Canada, partly so I can read all the shrill caterwauling, and contorting! <---that'll be culture shock for you!

I think Arkansas is a great choice. I hope everybody is able save enough pennies and can make arrangements for time off to get there. By the way, thanks for the advance notice. I need to know by November about these things that early to schedule vacations for the next year. Eight years ago we had to give a weeks notice, and went to the supervisor and let them know we wanted two weeks for vacation. The powers that be produced a better idea for everybody to schedule time off in January, then it was decided to be it would be better with the aid of a computer program to schedule vacations starting in November. So I'm standing by, waiting for the next brain storm better idea.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 07-12-2014, 01:01 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson View Post
I do not know why anyone goes to the trouble to put together a rally given all the BS and complaints they receive when trying to do so.

Most of the complaints are self-centered BS and without consideration of the majority of those can or want to attend; not to mention one comment about the "culture" they will experience at this rally. Really not a cool comment, no matter the attempt to explain it away. Geez...
You're such a mean little man.

Do us dopey little giddy asses that agree with everything, and go along with to get along, get on your nerves as well?

You need to eat a Snickers. You a little bstd when you hungry!

A shot of whiskey with it too!

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 07-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post

To me, the rally starts after we've saddled up (for some reason I HATE to pack and unpack) until we pull back into the driveway, and the farther away the better.
I couldn't agree with you more Mike. I was just saying that to Vulcan guy the other day as we were talking about a few of the rallies we attended, getting there is half the fun. Road trip = adventure and if your fortunate enough to travel in the company of a few others it's a hoot.

Now longer the better, how about Hudson's Bay for the next one.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 07-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
I couldn't agree with you more Mike. I was just saying that to Vulcan guy the other day as we were talking about a few of the rallies we attended, getting there is half the fun. Road trip = adventure and if your fortunate enough to travel in the company of a few others it's a hoot.

Now longer the better, how about Hudson's Bay for the next one.
I'm GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<----This thang wont let me do all CAPS!

Emphasis on "few others".

We'll put Hudson's Bay before the board in '17 and anybody that disagrees is a no good xenophobic Canadian racist and hate little Canadian babies.

Do they serve Crown Royal up there?

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 07-12-2014, 02:40 PM   #60

Ringhadingh is the official royal crown taste tester for our region. Yup we got that here alright.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136