Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 12-30-2008, 11:21 PM   #1

More Nomads?

This morning, on my way to work, I saw yet another Nomad on the road near my house. This one was all maroon and heading north on Kuykendahl.

Now, I bring this up because all summer and fall long, while out riding, I have seen at least 7-8 Nomads in our general area and 3-4 more in other parts of town. The one this morning was a new one I hadn't seen before. I've had the oportunity to talk with only two of the riders, and neither of them were aware of this site. Blasphemy :(" title="" border="0"/> ???.

As many people as there are that visit this site, I get the feeling there are A LOT of Nomanics still out there who don't know about us or for watever reason choose to remain quiet. HEY, PEOPLE, if you're there, speak up! Don't make us send someone to your house.

As for me, I'm going to make it my personal mission to speak with the riders I do encounter and let them know just what they have to gain by spending a little computer time every now and then. Not to mention the great rides we could put together in just our little area. Expand that to the city, or the state and , well.....it could get interesting.

So, do any of you guys and gals meet other Nomad riders (or see them out on their bikes), and how often? And, how many in any given time period? Or am I just delusional and seeing things?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-31-2008, 12:27 AM   #2
Advanced Member

More Nomads?

There are other Nomads out there? I know there is at least one other member in my City but I have never met him. I'm sure there are other Nomads but I have not seen any. Hope you bump into the new one you noticed.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:53 AM   #3

More Nomads?

Have seen 1/2 dozen around the Sacramento Ca area. I have two less than a block from me. Met one (VROC'r) and will the other one day.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:37 AM   #4

More Nomads?

I have not seen many in the Portland Vancouver area.

Maybe 4 in thelast 6 mos. I like it that way, it make the times you see one or meet the rider even more fun!
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 12-31-2008, 06:34 AM   #5
VBA Founder

More Nomads?

Well, with KawaNOW membership apps coming in at a rate of about 5 a week, maybe they'll be coming around.

There's a guy running around Lindale, TX with a black, 2006 Nomad that I can't seem to chase down. I've seen it parked at Walmart, the hardware store and various restaurants around town. Some day we'll cross paths.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-31-2008, 08:35 AM   #6

More Nomads?

My idea was that sometimes to just walk up to someone is a crap shoot. Generally Nomad owners follow the Honda ad campaign of the 70's, "You meet the nicest people on a Nomad" but you never know. I figure I print up a bunch of our business cards and if I see one, like Trip said, parked somewhere I will tuck the card into the front of the seat by the tank for them and put my username on it and let them decide. If I can talk to them I will but I don't always feel right trying to "chase" someone down. If they don't know you they may think you are a weirdo.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:53 AM   #7

More Nomads?

Weirdo? Nothing wrong with that OP

Old 12-31-2008, 12:12 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to dabull
More Nomads?

i recently found and contacted a fellow Nomad rider and shared the website with him...just doing my part...HA!!

Old 12-31-2008, 12:32 PM   #9

More Nomads?

I see quiet a few Nomads around. I have 2 close friends that ride a Nomad ('02 burgundy & gold 1500 & an '06 all black 1600). They both love their bikes, but don't have time to spend on the computer, but I always talk about KawaNOW to them. I've seen about 6-8 other Nomads around town, and if I get to talk to them, I tell them about KawaNOW. I'm trying my best to get them all to visit.

Cliff "VulcanE" Evans
2005 Blue & Silver 1600 Nomad
VBA # 320
VROC # 20381

Old 12-31-2008, 01:43 PM   #10

More Nomads?

We are Nomad-less in my neck o' the woods. I have to get out Trip's way to catch a glimpse of one. Watch: I'll meet Trip one day, not recognize him, and mention this site.

I'm already embarrassed.

"Taranis" and the Lovely Ann
KawaNOW Oldschool #885
His: 2006 Nomad
Hers: 2008 VN900 Classic LT

Old 12-31-2008, 02:06 PM   #11
Advanced Member

More Nomads?

I haven't even seen my Nomad on the road in almost 2 months.

I did see a Black Nomad set up for solo riding, a few times this summer here in Fox creek this summer. Only 3500 people live here so there aren't to many bikes to check out.

Especially this time of year. ;)

Old 12-31-2008, 02:18 PM   #12

More Nomads?

OP, maybe you shouldn't wear that GEEK dog tag and they won't think your weird.

Taranis, if your ever out Azle way give me a shout.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:20 PM   #13
Advanced Member

More Nomads?

I really enjoy telling other nomad riders about the site, we have a lot around here and two have joined once telling them about the site. I have not had a bad experience with anyone I spoke with. I found that most bikers are good people even the HD crowd (for the most part) only a few 1% clubs here and they keep to themselves for the most part.
ride safe.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:21 PM   #14

More Nomads?

Its rare if i see another Nomad

Old 01-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #15
Advanced Member

More Nomads?

(that I know of) There are two Nomads here in Deer Park, one next door in Pasadena.
I have seen another one come through here but I don't know where they were going.

As far as getting together, I'm doing good to just get rides in for me and my wife. Our three kids keep us really moving so I live vicariously through ya'll. :)