Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > NorthCentral/SouthCentral Rally in the Ozarks '14

Old 06-30-2014, 10:17 PM   #1

Rally Wrap-Up

Just a few notes on the NorthCentral/South Central Rally in the Ozarks.
By my count 68 people on 48 motorcycles from 15 states attended the rally in Mountain View, Arkansas.
I think Ray’s choice of Mountain View, AR and his idea to have it at the park proved to be an excellent choice.

Monday: Arrival day, we had a get together at the rec-room at the entrance to the cabins.
Jim and Bea Hardin along with Ray Slansky served everyone BBQ pork, bologna, baked beans and coleslaw.
They fixed enough food to feed a small army. If you left hungry it was your own fault.
We had plenty of cold beer and soft drinks to wash it down with.

Tuesday: About 35 of us headed out on the group ride. We rode northwest on AR 14 thru the Ozark National Forest
and stopped for a few minutes at Buffalo Point on the Buffalo National River. Then we continued on to Bull Shoals lake.
We crossed the lake on the Peel Ferry and rode north into Missouri.
After a lunch break at Cookies Restaurant we turned back south and headed to the cabins via Push Mountain road.
The partly cloudy skies kept the heat down and it was an enjoyable 225 mile ride.
Those that didn't go on the group ride took off in smaller groups and rode some of the best roads in the state.

Wednesday: There were no planned rides, but the weather was nice and most climbed on their bikes went for a ride.
Some of us went to the Folk Center where we saw many different types of Ozark crafts and trades.
About 6:00 we all gathered at the Bois d’ Arc center for a raffle put on by Bea and Jim Hardin.
We had more food and drinks and Jim kept everyone entertained.
In the SouthCentral group the raffles are always just for fun, the money collected is put into envelopes and tickets are drawn to see who wins it.
It was mentioned that a fellow member had suffered a serious injury at work, and that envelope of money was headed his way to help out with expenses.
As you know the VBA is full of great people, and that one envelope quickly turned into many.
Several didn’t win any money but that didn’t stop them from helping out.
A cashiers check for $540 is on its way.

Thursday: We had a group photo taken in the morning.
The plan was to have a 220 mile group ride to Jasper and lunch at the Cliff House which overlooks the Arkansas Grand Canyon.
But the weather forecast showed we would cross paths with some rough weather.
It was decided to play it safe and not have thirty plus bikes caught out in the storm.
So the group ride was cancelled.
Good roads are easy to find so most did go riding, but kept it a little closer to the cabins.
However, not to be denied the NorthCentral "rough riders" made up of Greg, Kendra, Gibby and Ray decided to make the ride.
They did find the rain, it lasted for an hour or so and came with 50 mph winds.
But they're rough and tough and all that stuff.

Sixty one people were there for the finale dinner at The Skillet restaurant. Catfish, chicken and all the fixin's were served.
Jimmy Edwards from the park spoke for a few minutes, then Teri Conrad with ROK followed by our VP Jay Stephens.
Ray Slansky presented Crystal and I with a plaque that the NorthCentral group was kind enough to have had made.

Friday: Everyone said their goodbyes and headed for home.

I want to thank those who helped get this done.

But the biggest thank you goes to those who attended.
Some rode for days, and everyone spent a small fortune to be there.
It wouldn't have been near as much fun without you.
So... THANK YOU.

Dave Jesse
2012 1700 Gray/Black Voyager
2006 1600 Nomad Green/Silver Sold
VBA #1108

2010- Eureka Springs - Antlers - 2011- Maggie Valley - Antlers
2012- Margaritaville Ride - Van Buren - Antlers - 2013- Estes Park - Antlers
2014- Mountain View - Antlers - 2015- Eureka Springs - Antlers
2016- Salem - Antlers - 2017- Eureka Springs - Lake George - Antlers - 2018- Custer - Antlers

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-01-2014, 02:49 AM   #2

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Impressive! I wish we could have made it 49 bikes and two more people!
I'm glad y'all enjoyed yourselves.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 07-01-2014, 10:46 PM   #3

Thanks to all that put in the hard work to get this thing to happen and like Dave said to those who made the effort to make it there from near and far. I want to send a special THANK YOU to Jesse who became our unofficial tour guide and took many of us on many different rides, even in the rain,showing us his Southern Hospitality!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9078.jpg (97.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9080.jpg (94.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9034.jpg (98.2 KB, 26 views)
VROC#34321
VBA#01867

2012 NCR Rally Savanna. IL.
2013 National Rally Estes Park, CO
2014 NC/SC Rally in the Ozarks, Mountain View AR
2014 NE US/Eastern Canada Rally,Lincoln NH
2015 VBA/VRA Eureka Springs AR
2015 Antlers Rally, Antlers OK.
2016 SCR Rally Salem MO.
2016 NCR Rally Hillsboro WI
2017 Eureka Springs AR
2017 National Rally Lake George NY
2004 Blue and Silver 1500 Nomad(RIP 9-26-19)
2000 Red and Silver 1500 Nomad
2012 Pearl White 1700 Voyager

Old 07-02-2014, 12:46 AM   #4

Looks like it was an amazing rally!!!!!
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 07-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #5

Thanks Dave, very good summary. As always, we had a great time with everyone. I got to meet some of the "Legends of the VBA" all are great people. It is always sad to go home after such an event. I consider many of this group family, as most of our vacations are spent with all of you. Great people, great roads, great friends, looking forward to when we meet again.

Many THANKS to all who helped put this event together, and to all who made it great, by just being there.
VBA #628
IBA #54485

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #6

Here,here! Thank You, Regional Leaders and team!!
formerly 2005 Nomad - black/silver

Old 07-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #7

Dave...

Nice wrap-up. It was a great, great rally. I cannot begin to believe how much work you, Crystal, Oldbikers (and wife); and all did to make this what it was.

I am not so sure if some know just exactly how much work it takes to put even a ride together, let alone a rally of this caliber. It was a tremendous amount to work you put into this to make it what is was. This rally equaled a National Rally status. Again... unbelievable.

My many thanks to you and yours, and all the others I know who lent a big-hand in helping put together a rally of this calibre.

The unfortunate thing about great events is they seem go come and go so fast. I know it did for me. In fact, I am just now getting around to posting about it. After getting back into the swing of work and with the 4th of July, I am just now sitting down to put it all together.

Lastly, I am most happy to hear that no one was hurt as a result of the rally. Everyone made it home safe and sound.

Cheers Dave!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 07-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #8

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
Just a few notes on the NorthCentral/South Central Rally in the Ozarks.
By my count 68 people on 48 motorcycles from 15 states attended the rally in Mountain View, Arkansas.
I think Ray’s choice of Mountain View, AR and his idea to have it at the park proved to be an excellent choice.

Monday: Arrival day, we had a get together at the rec-room at the entrance to the cabins.
Jim and Bea Hardin along with Ray Slansky served everyone BBQ pork, bologna, baked beans and coleslaw.
They fixed enough food to feed a small army. If you left hungry it was your own fault.
We had plenty of cold beer and soft drinks to wash it down with.

Tuesday: About 35 of us headed out on the group ride. We rode northwest on AR 14 thru the Ozark National Forest
and stopped for a few minutes at Buffalo Point on the Buffalo National River. Then we continued on to Bull Shoals lake.
We crossed the lake on the Peel Ferry and rode north into Missouri.
After a lunch break at Cookies Restaurant we turned back south and headed to the cabins via Push Mountain road.
The partly cloudy skies kept the heat down and it was an enjoyable 225 mile ride.
Those that didn't go on the group ride took off in smaller groups and rode some of the best roads in the state.

Wednesday: There were no planned rides, but the weather was nice and most climbed on their bikes went for a ride.
Some of us went to the Folk Center where we saw many different types of Ozark crafts and trades.
About 6:00 we all gathered at the Bois d’ Arc center for a raffle put on by Bea and Jim Hardin.
We had more food and drinks and Jim kept everyone entertained.
In the SouthCentral group the raffles are always just for fun, the money collected is put into envelopes and tickets are drawn to see who wins it.
It was mentioned that a fellow member had suffered a serious injury at work, and that envelope of money was headed his way to help out with expenses.
As you know the VBA is full of great people, and that one envelope quickly turned into many.
Several didn’t win any money but that didn’t stop them from helping out.
A cashiers check for $540 is on its way.

Thursday: We had a group photo taken in the morning.
The plan was to have a 220 mile group ride to Jasper and lunch at the Cliff House which overlooks the Arkansas Grand Canyon.
But the weather forecast showed we would cross paths with some rough weather.
It was decided to play it safe and not have thirty plus bikes caught out in the storm.
So the group ride was cancelled.
Good roads are easy to find so most did go riding, but kept it a little closer to the cabins.
However, not to be denied the NorthCentral "rough riders" made up of Greg, Kendra, Gibby and Ray decided to make the ride.
They did find the rain, it lasted for an hour or so and came with 50 mph winds.
But they're rough and tough and all that stuff.

Sixty one people were there for the finale dinner at The Skillet restaurant. Catfish, chicken and all the fixin's were served.
Jimmy Edwards from the park spoke for a few minutes, then Teri Conrad with ROK followed by our VP Jay Stephens.
Ray Slansky presented Crystal and I with a plaque that the NorthCentral group was kind enough to have had made.

Friday: Everyone said their goodbyes and headed for home.

I want to thank those who helped get this done.

But the biggest thank you goes to those who attended.
Some rode for days, and everyone spent a small fortune to be there.
It wouldn't have been near as much fun without you.
So... THANK YOU.
To my fellow VBA members, my wife and I would like to say thank you for the gift you sent to us. When something like this happens what's most valuable is the care and support that you get from family and friends. And I'm not just saying that. We have many good friends and have met many good people through our experience with the VBA. Thank you so much for your expression of care and concern for my wife and I. It means a lot that you reached out to us in this way.
Hopefully our time in the VBA has not come to an end. At first I thought I might not try to ride again. Now that I feel so much better and I'm about to get new hands my thoughts have changed. I'm starting to look at trikes. Crystal Jesse and I may have to start a subgroup of the VBA called Vulcan Trikers...LOL!
Thanks again for your expression of care. It's just one more evidence of the quality of people that are in the Vulcan Baggers Association.

Much Love back at you from Scott & Jude.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (89.4 KB, 24 views)
Vulcan Bagger #01989
2013 Road Glide Ultra
2013 Softail Deluxe
2011 Voyager 1700 ABS (traded)
2004 Vulcan Classic 1500 (traded)
2009 Vulcan 900 Classic (Gone but not forgotten)
2007 Vulcan Classic 1600

Old 07-08-2014, 06:06 PM   #9

We were hoping that you and wanderer would pop in at the rally! You guys were missed! Get on the mend and we will see you soon on the open road!
VROC#34321
VBA#01867

2012 NCR Rally Savanna. IL.
2013 National Rally Estes Park, CO
2014 NC/SC Rally in the Ozarks, Mountain View AR
2014 NE US/Eastern Canada Rally,Lincoln NH
2015 VBA/VRA Eureka Springs AR
2015 Antlers Rally, Antlers OK.
2016 SCR Rally Salem MO.
2016 NCR Rally Hillsboro WI
2017 Eureka Springs AR
2017 National Rally Lake George NY
2004 Blue and Silver 1500 Nomad(RIP 9-26-19)
2000 Red and Silver 1500 Nomad
2012 Pearl White 1700 Voyager

Old 07-08-2014, 08:37 PM   #10

Wishing you the best Scott. Hope your recovery is speedy and with little pain. Take care.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 07-14-2014, 10:28 PM   #11

Vulcan Trikers

Crystal Jesse