Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 01-04-2017, 08:57 PM   #1

How many Vaqueros have been sold

Does anyone know how many vaqueros have been sold, total and by year? I hear they sell a lot (from dealers) but it is very rare I see one in the wild. In the last 3 years here in Minneapolis, MN I have seen 1 actually on the road. Since the color options have been reduced in the last few years, I assume demand is down. Or do the buyers keep them parked?

2016 1700 Vaquero 10/4/2016
2007 1500 Classic W/ Reckless Fairing, 42,000 miles
2004 600 Honda Shadow 18,000 miles
1989 500 Honda CX Custom 55,000 miles
1973 400 Kawi Triple 5,000 miles

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-05-2017, 04:32 AM   #2

I have also noticed not a lot of Vaqueros are on the road, but I do see them.
I think it might all depend of the regions. This is a touring bike that most urban folk stay away from. Also, depends on locations that have hot weather.
I live in southern ontario in Canada and this past summer was extremely hot. Did over 1700 km in 3 days and so I can attest to the heat it gives off.
Overall, this is a fantastic bike and am glad its not saturated on the road, unlike HD products.
One gets a feeling of uniqueness when riding.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:42 AM   #3
Advanced Member

I live in Stockton, Ca. and I have seen only one in town. The green one, probably because it stands out so much.

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:28 AM   #4

I probably have Seen 6 or 8 down this way ! Central Oklahoma

Old 01-05-2017, 07:19 AM   #5
Advanced Member

I have seen a few. I usually think it is a Harley unless it is one of the bright colors. Now Voyagers on the other hand are rarer to see.

2010 Vulcan Voyager, 2007 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2009 Vulcan Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-05-2017, 08:31 AM   #6

Around here I have only seen 1 Voyager and 1 Vaquero and 1 Honda F6B......but do see a few Victorys.
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 01-05-2017, 11:28 AM   #7

in northern Illinois I've seen 1 other than mine, the local dealer sells 3 each year. I enjoy being different/unique and the Vaquero fits all my need to T so it was a win win for me. had a guy tell me last year I bought the "metric" cause I couldn't afford a Harley, I nicely told him I buy what I want not what I need to fit in, or that I don't need a penis extension. he definitely didn't like the second comment but his buddy thought it was funny haha.
Vance & Hines Twin Slash
Kury Iso Grips
Passenger Boards
Rotation Industries 26" Juno
BadDad 26" Wrap Fender
BVD Raked Triple Trees
Rear Loweing Kit

Old 01-05-2017, 11:37 AM   #8

the local dealer that I purchased my 2015 vaquero from said that he sold 5 vaqueros so far including mine since they came out in 2011. I have only seen one orange 2014 vaquero locally driving through town. Nomads are a popular bike around here. lots of harleys too.
grasshopper driver backrest
oem aux lights
ram mount for gps
freedom performance true duals
tank bra
saddle bag chaps
kuryakin longhorn cruise pedals
black isso grips
chucksters risers
k&n air filter
ivanized

VBA#03256

Old 01-05-2017, 01:54 PM   #9
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmighty View Post
in northern Illinois I've seen 1 other than mine, the local dealer sells 3 each year. I enjoy being different/unique and the Vaquero fits all my need to T so it was a win win for me. had a guy tell me last year I bought the "metric" cause I couldn't afford a Harley, I nicely told him I buy what I want not what I need to fit in, or that I don't need a penis extension. he definitely didn't like the second comment but his buddy thought it was funny haha.
Of course that is WHY many buy metric cruisers. I know that is why I bought my '85 Honda Shadow back in '86.

I moved on to Harley because the Rushmore bikes better fit my needs and wants than Kawasaki. BTW, Kawasaki is the only metric directly competing with the Harley touring line.

I was off cruiser style bikes for 20 plus years and blame Kawasaki for getting back on them. I had the Voyager XII and when it came time to replace it my options were the Goldwing and the Voyager 1700. My wife and I did not like the Goldwing.

2010 Vulcan Voyager, 2007 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2009 Vulcan Nomad

Old 01-06-2017, 08:17 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Of course that is WHY many buy metric cruisers. I know that is why I bought my '85 Honda Shadow back in '86.

I moved on to Harley because the Rushmore bikes better fit my needs and wants than Kawasaki. BTW, Kawasaki is the only metric directly competing with the Harley touring line.

I was off cruiser style bikes for 20 plus years and blame Kawasaki for getting back on them. I had the Voyager XII and when it came time to replace it my options were the Goldwing and the Voyager 1700. My wife and I did not like the Goldwing.

I'm not rich by any means, and I work my tail off and I could afford a Harley if I wanted . True story I went to 3 local dealers when I decided to buy a bagger and not 1 sales person asked if there was anything they could help me with, mean while anyone with a HD shirt on was asked multiple times . I don't need to fit in, and surely don't need to impress anyone. I feel for anyone that feel they have to own a certain brand to be accepted.
Vance & Hines Twin Slash
Kury Iso Grips
Passenger Boards
Rotation Industries 26" Juno
BadDad 26" Wrap Fender
BVD Raked Triple Trees
Rear Loweing Kit

Old 01-06-2017, 08:39 AM   #11
Mega-Contributor

Outside of the couple of VRA members in the local chapter that bought them when they first came out, I've seen maybe 4-5 on the street since they were introduced.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 01-06-2017, 11:56 AM   #12

Here in north Ga, I have seen maybe 3-4 Vaqueros, but have seen maybe 10 Voyagers on the road. Nomads are about equal on sightings as Voyagers.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:34 PM   #13

Last April when I went looking for my Vaquero, all 3 dealerships had one to sell and it was still in the crate. Two of the dealers said when we get it together we will give you a call. When I went to the third and told him I have cash and ready to buy today, he got it uncrated and built in 3 days. Money talks I guess

Old 01-07-2017, 08:16 PM   #14

Hi Guys,
Im new here so Hi!!

I will give you a sad fact...
I purchased a Vaquero last week in Australia. I live in NSW and the nearest one was 4 hours from me..
I called Kawasaki Australia to find the nearest new Vaquero as I have 6 kwaka dealers around me. They transferred me to the Kawasaki buyer (ricky).
He said if I was to sit on one or ride one the nearest new model is 12 hours away in Queensland and there are only 4 brand new ones left in Australia.

He continued saying, "we imported the vaquero with high hopes but due to the strong Harley Culture in Australia and its current colour scheme (lime green), they just don't move and we are not going to bring anymore in."

I went for the 4 hour drive knowing they are rare here and snapped it up straight away.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:52 PM   #15

I do find it weird that there aren't more of them on the road, but realize the color limitations and lack of accessory options put a lot of people off. I've been riding Kawasaki motorcycles for years now because of their dependability and being able to do a lot of the service work myself. This site has made owning a Kawasaki very appealing and satisfying. I loved my 1600 Nomad, but when the Vaquero came out, I loved the look and options (cruise, etc). After test riding several of each, (Vic, HD, Kawa) to compare; I stayed with Kawasaki and bought my Vaquero. I could afford a HD, but can't justify spending the extra money for a name when my Vaquero is every bit as nice a bike for half the money (To get a comparable HD I would have had to spend a minimum of $11,000 more than I did to get my Vaq). I've done a few things to it to make it look better, run better, and perform the way I want. Still love it. Nothing against HD, they are great bikes too, but I am happy riding this bike because of many reasons; one of which is the fact that there AREN'T a lot of them on the road everywhere you look. I stands out because it is different. The HD riders that I run into always compliment me on the bike. Ride what you like, ride safe, enjoy the road. Just my 2-cents.

T
VBA #01416
2012 Vaquero SE Candy-Lime Green/Black
aka "T'Kehla"
2005 Nomad 1600 Black/Silver
aka "Mystique" (SOLD)
2006 Vulcan Classic
aka "Lil'Wolf" (SOLD)

"Life isn't a race; no one gets out alive. May as well slow down and enjoy the ride."