Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 02-26-2008, 09:31 AM   #16

In the hospital-not bike related!

I'm sending pizza!!!!!!!!!!! Heheheheh!
Seriously Bro. Dan, prayers on the way for this to be worked out for your complete good health.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-26-2008, 09:31 AM   #17
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
No surgery or any thing else. Just a vacation in bed for 5 days with about 15 electrodes sticking out of my head.
I would think 5 days at the Bellagio would be less expensive and much more fun! When I lost consciousness in the past, I didn't have to go to the hospital - they just counted up the empty Jack Daniel's bottles

I hope all goes well and you get a clean bill of health!
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 02-26-2008, 09:31 AM   #18
Advanced Member

dan, hate to hear this hope all turns out ok.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:36 AM   #19

Send a message via AIM to birdginski

Good luck and get well soon.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:51 AM   #20

Quote:
[quote:8rrpmn4q]No surgery or any thing else. Just a vacation in bed for 5 days with about 15 electrodes sticking out of my head.
I would think 5 days at the Bellagio would be less expensive and much more fun! When I lost consciousness in the past, I didn't have to go to the hospital - they just counted up the empty Jack Daniel's bottles

I hope all goes well and you get a clean bill of health![/quote:8rrpmn4q]

I'm thinking that for what my 20% will be, I could be at the Bellagio in a $1,000 a night room. show girls and all.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-26-2008, 10:02 AM   #21
Top Contributor

Dan, we all know they're going to find a little motorcycle man in there riding in tight circles, jumping over the cortex, and parking oh so close to the frontal lobe then taking pictures of it.

Hope everything's cool and that you get a good looking nurse. Nothing quite as disturbing as Nena Hyena asking if you're ready for your sponge bath.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 02-26-2008, 10:23 AM   #22

Sorry to hear of you troubles Dan. Hang it there and let us know if we need to send a group to bust you out.

Shep

Old 02-26-2008, 10:30 AM   #23

Well Dan, it's me again. This is one of those times a Kawanow chat room would be nice.We could see to it that you get no rest whatsoever.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:36 AM   #24

Dan...You Da Man! You'll be in my prayers!

Old 02-26-2008, 10:58 AM   #25

Quote:
Try to enjoy your stay, and don't be to rough on the nurses. they can make your life miserable if you don't co-operate. Let us know how you make out when you get back home.
Actually we aren't too mean to the patients-we just gripe about the ones who are on the call light every 5 mins (I need another blanket, another pillow, I can't find my TV remote etc....). I've actually fussed at some patients for laying there hurting but not calling for pain meds because they knew we were busy and didn't want to bother us.......they are jewels.

But if we have a doc with a bad attitude....we can sure make his day miserable. Nothing will get a bunch of nurses to band together for a common cause more than a doc with an attitude! They will have nice bedside manners but come out to the nurses station and be real c**ky. You go into the patients room and they will say 'oH Doctor so and so is so nice'....we just sneer inside as we say 'yes, isn't he'. A good doc knows that the nurses spend 24 hrs a day with the patients and will listen to them about their observations, the c**ky ones think they know it all and don't value anybody else insight. I've had many a doc thank me for bringing some things I observed concerning a patient to their attention. Us nurses know which doctors are c**ky and we don't attempt to share things with them and unfortunately it is the patients loss. :-/ Getting off my soap box now. ;)

Worst thing about a hospital is the cafeteria food and the lovely hospital gown of course -Good Luck Dan.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 02-26-2008, 11:27 AM   #26
Top Contributor

Hey Dan, I saw this movie a few years back about this guy in the hospital........3 nurses came in the room with low cut tops on and..........ooops gotta go right now....I will tell you how it ended later.

Hope all is well!

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 02-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #27

First off be damn glad Beezer isn't your doctor. He would have some bedside manner huh ::)
Hope they find the problem and it is not serious.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 02-26-2008, 11:49 AM   #28

I was in the same place you are several years ago.... Kept passing out, and never could figure out the reason why. Finally went to the doctor, and they called the paramedics, and two firetrucks!! HA!! fun though, cause a hot fireman put in my IV... he he... Spent a week and a half in the emergency room, for them to tell me it probably had something to do with me heart, but they couldn't figure out what it was. They could give me some medicine if I wanted them to??? LOL.. they could give me medicine to fix it, but couldn't tell me what they were fixing.... ha ha! I left the hospital two hours later with orders to keep in touch with a cardiologist every month. Never did remember to look that guy up. I have less and less faith in doctors... and more and more faith in the nurses.... They were there a second before I needed them it seemed, and the doctors could never be found... Hope your experience turns out to be better than mine, get better, and keep us posted!!

Old 02-26-2008, 12:07 PM   #29
Top Contributor

Dan, I'm sorry to hear that you have to spend 5 days in the hospital. Here's hoping that they can find the problem and a remedy for it.

Get well soon!

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 02-26-2008, 01:54 PM   #30
VBA Founder

Well Dan....sorry to hear about your imprisonment, but it's for the best. Gotta check you out ya know.

You'd be surprised what hospitals are doing now. We've got wireless in all the waiting rooms and patient rooms.

Hope they find what's wrong.

Trip
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip