Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Wanted

Old 11-13-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
Mega-Contributor

Looking for touring bag?

I am thinking about acquiring a touring bag for my '07 Nomad. Not sure what will work with that monster OEM pillion backrest. I have never bought one before, but I'm guessing a bag will work either on the pillion seat or a luggage rack, depending on which way you face it? What products are others using and would recommend? Who's the best vendor? Thx!
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #2

Looking for touring bag?

Cactusjack this is the one i have it works great with my 07 nomad used it this summer. It's called the Rogue Sissy Bar Bag. lots of room and storage places on it.

http://www.saddlemen.com/catalog/SaddleStow_1.pdf

Cheers

Old 11-13-2007, 08:44 PM   #3

Looking for touring bag?

On the big tour I took this summer I was able to get everything in a duffle bag and I wrapped it up in a couple of bungee nets to compress it and secured it on the pasenger seat with more bungess. Its kind of ghetto but it made for a good backrest. This year I bought a luggage rack and am using a smaller duffle/hand bag with velcro straps sewn onto it and will use the velcro straps to secure it to the rack when my wife rides with me.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:42 PM   #4

Looking for touring bag?

looks ok to me wolfy...dont think I've ever seen a Nomad I didn't think was beautiful....your 'ghetto' one included!! Sets it apart from the others....lol...yet easy to remove!!

Old 11-14-2007, 09:25 AM   #5
Mega-Contributor

Looking for touring bag?

Cookie,

It hadn't even occurred to me to check Saddlemen. Those are some nice bags.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-15-2007, 01:42 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to mlogsdon
Looking for touring bag?

Cactusjack:
I've used the Kury GranTour bag for the last three years and couldn't be happier. Solid contruction, mounts a bunch of diofferent ways and easy to carry in to the hotel/motel. Not the cheapest, but no worries about whether iyt'll last or stay on. Good Luck to ya.

I've tried to attach a link and hope it works..if not most accessory sites have this bag.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3075

Old 11-18-2007, 04:31 PM   #7
Advanced Member

Looking for touring bag?

This is the one I use. The sleeve doesn't fit over the sissy bar, there are plenty of straps to fasten it.
http://www.jafrum.com/Motorcycle-Lug...-Sissy-Bar-Bag
Peace Makers LEMC

Old 11-18-2007, 07:11 PM   #8

Looking for touring bag?

I had the same bag from jafrum.com. Got if off of ebay for about $50.00. It is the same style that JCWhitney has for $100.00. I liked the bag as you could really cram a lot of stuff into it. But I recently sold it as I installed a Harley tourpak on my bike. If you are able to make it to a major bike rally next spring, look for a bag there. I always see great deals on bike items at all the rallys I have been at.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:50 AM   #9
Advanced Member

Looking for touring bag?

http://www.cyclesportsleather.com/

Scott,

I have this one from Jay at CycleSportsLeather (ie, Capt.Cruiser from the Volusia forum). Click on "Tour Packs" and it's the CSL2 pictured in the top right corner of the page.

The lower section holds a lot, but the upper roll has a rediculous opening that doesn't allow easy access. Also, the primary (thick) velcro band in the back/middle of the lower section is too high for the stock Nomad sissy bar, rendering it useless. Thankfully, there are plenty of rings to attach bungee's to fasten the Tour Pack to the rails and sissy bar. Kind of convoluted, but it'll work. It does come with a rain cover though, which is nice.

Just thought I'd throw this in, in case you were considering it. Jay also has other Touring Packs available on his site. His prices are good and he's a straight-shootin' guy who is also a forum member.

Daryl

Old 11-19-2007, 05:56 PM   #10
Advanced Member

Looking for touring bag?

Quote:
http://www.cyclesportsleather.com/

Scott,

I have this one from Jay at CycleSportsLeather (ie, Capt.Cruiser from the Volusia forum). Click on "Tour Packs" and it's the CSL2 pictured in the top right corner of the page.

The lower section holds a lot, but the upper roll has a rediculous opening that doesn't allow easy access. Also, the primary (thick) velcro band in the back/middle of the lower section is too high for the stock Nomad sissy bar, rendering it useless. Thankfully, there are plenty of rings to attach bungee's to fasten the Tour Pack to the rails and sissy bar. Kind of convoluted, but it'll work. It does come with a rain cover though, which is nice.

Just thought I'd throw this in, in case you were considering it. Jay also has other Touring Packs available on his site. His prices are good and he's a straight-shootin' guy who is also a forum member.

Daryl

Pretty much same bag as the Jafrum. I also got mine off ebay.
Peace Makers LEMC