Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 06-26-2008, 11:36 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
A rant, forgive me

For years I believed in conservative principles and bought into the idea that we needed to help fight Liberal Democrats who were ready to take away real Constitutional rights; free speech, firearms, freedom of religion and assembly. When the Republican Party sent questionnaires about what I was concerned with I dutifully answered them and, when I could, included a check for a few bucks to help fight the good fight. I knew that I was doing what I could to help make a difference.

Well now, I ask myself, what have I/we gotten for my dutiful support? Illegal Immigrants out the wazzo, four dollar a gallon gasoline, a liberal RINO for a REPUBLICAN Presidential nominee, total chaos in immigration policy and outright disdain for our country’s laws. No new refineries, an out of control energy policy that burns the worlds corn supply so that we can think that we have cleaner air. A policy that blames us for world temperature rise totally ignoring the fact that China is many times our size and pollutes the earths atmosphere an order of magnitude more than we ever hoped to. Politicians and judges who believe that we exhale pollution (CO2) and more finger pointing than I ever thought possible. Everyone else is clearly to blame and there is not a bit of difference between the lot of them. Republicans and Democrats are all the same. They want elected and don’t give a damn about us poor schmucks paying through the teeth to support our families.

What can I do? I can vote against my own idiot politicians who don’t have the spine to stand up and defend this Country but my one vote does nothing. Too many of my fellow Americans think the problem is some one else’ Representative or Senator or the other parties President and they all keep voting for the same pack of idiots.

Hmmmm.. The RNC and the state and county Republican party keep sending me the same lame questionnaires with the same stupid questions that they already know the answers to and refuse to act upon. What do I care about? Illegal Immigration? Abortion? High Taxes? Gun control? Support for the military? Terrorism? Liberal Judges? All they want is my check!. There is no doubt that they do not read or care about my answers because I answered the same questions for 25 years and nothing ever changes. They cash the checks and prepare the next “Please help us defeat so and so” letter with another request for more money.

No more.

I have started using a Sharpie to write my thoughts across their letters.

“Build a fence, a big one. Drill for oil, everywhere. Fight terrorism. Listen to their phone calls. Waterboard with my blessings. Build refineries. Lower taxes. Support the military. Deport illegals. Imprison people who employ them. Stop asking me for more money, you already steal me blind with the IRS.” Then I fold the letter and put it back in the stamped-self addressed envelope that they supply and lick it shut. Then on the outside I pen a note thanking them for the postage totally ignoring their plea for me to use my own first class postage to help them “fight the good fight”. Jerks.

So, my fellow frustrated-taxed-tired but hopefully still proud Americans I encourage you all to do the same. You can’t vote these clods out of office. The only thing they care about is our money. They steal it from us in the form of taxes, fees, fines and assessments and they still come around with their hand out wanting more and then giving it away to buy votes for themselves. If you are as sick of this as I am then stop sending them money. Start writing your own frustration across their lame solicitations and use their postage to send it back to them. If enough of us do this then maybe we will finally get their attention and maybe we can get our Country back before it is too late. Remember they only care about your money and how to get it.

A Frustrated Patriot
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-27-2008, 12:15 AM   #2

A rant, forgive me

You are soooooo right.I have gotten tired of calling our congressmen and senators from Nebraska.I get tired of some snot nosed kid telling me I don't understand or I don't see the big picture. I like your idea about the sharpie on the questionaire. Hopefully they can read.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:00 AM   #3

A rant, forgive me

+1, Idaho. Could not have said it any better.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:54 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to scion0
A rant, forgive me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankerfrank
+1, Idaho. Could not have said it any better.

+2 Amen brother, Amen!

Mike
"Scion0"
VBA#: 0097
Former VBA North Central Asst Regional Leader
St Jude Rides Peoria to Memphis Rider
Retired MSgt, USAF (1979 -99)
"Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!"
Current ride: 2012 H-D Ultra FLHTCU (Black)
Past ride: 2007 Black Nomad

Old 06-27-2008, 08:55 AM   #5

A rant, forgive me

http://www.lp.org

I can say nothing better than they do on their site, but I'll add this:
Nothing's going to change unless lots of people vote for someone other than Republicans and Democrats.
Until they get scared of the American Voter, we're all screwed.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-27-2008, 09:03 AM   #6

A rant, forgive me

PS: If you really want to keep your guns, read this:

http://www.lp.org/news/press-release...nited-states-0

Old 06-27-2008, 09:11 AM   #7

A rant, forgive me

...and this:
http://www.lp.org/blogs/andrew-davis...n-gun-grabbers

Old 06-27-2008, 09:14 AM   #8

A rant, forgive me

True, the Donkeys and Elephants are used to having things their way. They have their machines in place, even at the very lowest levels of government. However, the lower levels are the most vulnerable. If the people could get some independents elected at low levels, the next step would be for them to move up the ladder.Hopefully they would not fall into the same old routine as we have now.It would take some honest people to make it work.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:59 AM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt
A rant, forgive me

There is NOTHING I would love more than the RNC and the DNC to not win another SINGLE election seat in Congress, Presidential, or State office!!! The reality is it would damn near take an act of God himself to make this happen. People are so wrapped up in Bi-partisan politics that they never give the 3rd or Independent party a real chance. I myself, will do my part to try and give them a chance, if for no other reason than to say and KNOW that I didn't vote one of the BIGGER IDIOTS into office!! I don't see me making much of a difference, but at least I'll try.

As far as I'm concerned, Idaho, you hit the nail on the head yet again!!!! Rant all you want Bud!!! I'm right there with you!!

Long Story Short.....America and Americans need to pull their heads OUT of their A$$ and make a REAL change... Pull a Donald Trump on their A$$ and Tell Both the Republicans and the Democrats that they're FIRED!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #10

A rant, forgive me

No forgiveness required Idaho. You're only voicing what most of us are thinking. Everyone is frustrated.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 06-27-2008, 12:34 PM   #11

A rant, forgive me

Nothing wrong with a good rant every now and then ;)
Especially when you hit the nail right on the head
I think CaddmannQ may be on the right track
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 06-27-2008, 12:44 PM   #12

A rant, forgive me

I gotta disagree with you. I like things just the way that they are.

I love to pay taxes on the money that I earn, then pay taxes again when I spend it, and again when I pay property taxes on the things I bought. I think that it is right and good that I have a government that forces me to pay taxes even on the food that I eat.

It is comforting that my government spies on me. It's like having a watchful parent looking in on you to makes sure that everything is alright. I also like having a government that tortures people. I used to get jealous when I would hear how bad the Soviets treated people, and I would think, why can't I belong to a country that rounds people up and takes them to secret prisons and tortures them?

I like knowing that I can be denied the right to counsel, the right to a jury trial, the right to due process of law, and the right of habeas corpus. Who needs that part of the constitution anyway? That was made for our progenitors, we don't need it, the government will ensure our rights.

So I don't know what all the complaining is about, I like what we have become. :(

Old 06-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #13
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
A rant, forgive me

Bud, your just saying whats on everybody's mind. The problem is is that we can vote the SOB's out of office but the govt has us believing that we cant. Gov't needs an ignorant apathetic society to remain in power and they've done just that.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 06-27-2008, 01:50 PM   #14

A rant, forgive me

The unfortunate fact is without the Dem or Rep party lines you can't get elected. I'm waiting for a candidate to cross party lines on main issues. That's a true leader.

(Example Rep pro gun, Dem anti-gun. Dem gives money to people who don't put effort into making their lives self efficient, Rep don't want to give to anyone but the rich).

Where does common senese come into play?

This country needs to analyze where our taxes go and be accountable. No general funds, No paying for people to have more children that are already on welfare....I could go on...........

Old 06-27-2008, 01:51 PM   #15

A rant, forgive me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussMatt
...I myself, will do my part to try and give them a chance, if for no other reason than to say and KNOW that I didn't vote one of the BIGGER IDIOTS into office!! I don't see me making much of a difference, but at least I'll try....
To respect yourself, you just have to do things based on what you believe to be right--regardless of whether it will actually "make much of a difference" or not.

That's called "acting on your principals", and it's something the majority of people in this world never bother to do.

That's why the place is so f***ed up all the time IMO.