Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 11-19-2009, 02:44 PM   #1

Sad day today

:'(
Today we had to say goodbye to 8 of our colleagues. This is the second round of layoffs in our office this year. We started the year withalmost 30 people in our small software engineering group. We are now down to 12. Only five of which are engineers. We were informed that along with those layoffs they will no longer be selling our product but will be replacing it with something from another group. We were also told that none of us would be moved over to that new product but instead are expected to stay and support our install base until they decide to close our shop.

I am the newest member of the team and have somehow survived both rounds. I attribute that only to the fact that my salary isn't as large as most of the others here so canning me doesn't help the bottom line as much as someone else.

I am now in a hard search for the next right thing before they come around again and turn the lights off on us.

Blessings go out to all who have gone through what my friends are now experiencing. I cannot imagine how scary it must be and I can only pray and thank God that twice I have been spared.

Login or Register to Remove Ads